1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED EnhancedTemperature 1.3.2 reup

Adds a more complex temperature system to starbound

1. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

already fixed :nurutease:

~ Iris ~

Iroaseta likes this.
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche updated EnhancedTemperature with a new update entry:

1.3 Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

Iroaseta likes this.
  3. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Alright, I LOVE the new update! Now I can finally die in Tundra and Arctic planets' frigid nights if I just walk around without any heat sources! :mwahaha:
    The asteroid bug is fixed as well! :party:

It's a bit funny that I got to have 7 campfires around me though, but that's quite fine by me. :3
    [​IMG]

Maybe you can add the Old Radiator and Space Heater, which are both vanilla, to be another heat sources that are a little better than +5 heat sources but still weaker than the vents? Maybe +20 or 30 exposures or something. :)

4. Iris Blanche

What...wait...is that deadly chill debuff together with 7 campfires and normal clothing? :eek:

~ Iris ~

5. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Yes, the deadly chill doesn't seems to do anything. And yeah, the character is naked since it's a dummy character just for testing purposes.
    Is the deadly chill supposed to kill me instantly? :eek:

6. Iris Blanche

No but the instant damage is removed with the mod. Instead it should (and is intended) to cause definitly a death to hypothermia or hyperthermia without a hybrid source. It seems i have to adjust the debuff offsets then :D

~ Iris ~

7. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Oooo okay. :nurutease:
    By the way, I experienced this error which will put the EHT stucked at Initializing stage if I happened to warp up to the ship and down to the planet too quickly and too frequently in a short period of time. It happens when I reached the surface of the planet and it'll lag me for a long time.
    EHT still works on another planet of the same type, just that it'll stuck at that Initializing stage for the planet that received this bug.
    Pastebin

8. Iris Blanche

Awww....don't do that...xD I'll add some additional map checks to prevent it. Thanks for finding out :D

~ Iris ~

9. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Well, it's a dummy character so...:lolwut:

Iris Blanche likes this.
  10. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche updated EnhancedTemperature with a new update entry:

Bugfixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

Iroaseta likes this.
  11. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

I planned to sleep.
    But I guess procrastination is a bless sometime. :3
    Let me try it hehehe.

Iris Blanche likes this.
  12. Iris Blanche

With these changes i can finally adjust the rest of the fu patch ^-^

~ Iris ~

13. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Okay, deadly chills do work intentionally now. -100 exposures! It is taken with admin on though. :party:

[​IMG]

I still need many, many campfires with EPP on though. :3

[​IMG]

Iris Blanche and Inf_Wolf14 like this.
  14. Iris Blanche

Doing the final balancing on EHT's FU compatibility patch >v< Should be finished in the next days.
    The random planets will use a fallback setting until there is a better way to determine their main region.

~ Iris ~

15. Iris Blanche

Small status update ^-^

FU compatibility will be released together with EHT 1.4
    I decided to delay it again because 1.4 will contain following features:
    • Codex adjusted for everything new (yup i forgot it with the last patch >w<)
    • Heat and hybrid sources will get a better detection. Actually the distance to the source is calculated by their placement node which isn't alway the position where the warmth providing source is graphical located.
    • Beds and tents will provide exposure protection.
    • Blocks/Materials (foreground and background) will get their own temperature offsets.
    • (not sure if it will be already in 1.4) Houses/rooms will provide extra protection when enclosed.
    Since FU has some extreme planets it is better to finish this stuff before so it isn't too hard to survive on these planets.

~ Iris ~

Inf_Wolf14 and Iroaseta like this.
  16. Greenfinger Abibi

Greenfinger Abibi Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, just a small question. Is it possible to get negative effects on a forest world if it's snowing or raining? Thanks!

17. Iris Blanche

Forest and lush planets are considered as mild climate to keep the start of the game easy. Getting near the planet core or space layer however is lethal on any planet without protection.

~ Iris ~

18. Iris Blanche

FR specifications will be added later so every race will have the same rates on exposure raise.

~ Iris ~

19. Iris Blanche

If there is an issue please provide your log then. EHT shouldn't have any errors because of FR. i use it myself for testing and it's fine.

~ Iris ~

20. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

I've been noticing this for quite a while now, but is it intentional that we don't get any frost damage upon reaching hypothermia level 2 when your energy is completely drained?
    Hyperthermia level 2 deal 1 fire damage per tick when my energy is completely drained.