RELEASED [SMAPI] Entoarox Framework 2.4.0

Makes stardew modding easier!

1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Please check if this issue happens on SMAPI 1.10, there have been some recent changes in SMAPI that might be conflicting with how the framework does its job.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I just updated my game to 1.2. I'm using SMAPI 1.12 and CJB Item Spawner 1.7.2, but it seems that !EntoaroxFramework v1.7.9 is conflicting with it.
      When pressing the hotkey (I) the menu doesn't always open, other times it flickers or closes on its own and almost none of the items is loading.

• demonhunter352

demonhunter352 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is that expansion map ALL based? I had a similar issue with the Extended Cellar where loading a savefile with it would cause the cellar to reset to the mod's default layout (so all the casks I placed down there disappeared along with their contents, leaving me with the starting number of empty casks)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Please verify using the following steps:
          - See if the issue stops occuring if EntoFramework is removed
          - See if the issue occurs with other menu's
          - Submit a log of the game that is from after the issue has occured during a play session

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

The issue does stop when I remove the Framework from the MODS folder, I had to isolate where the issue was coming from (which is hard when you have over 100 mods, may I add xD). All the other menus (like the game menu and the CJBCheats menu) seem to work fine though, the issue seems to be just with the Item Spawner.

However, I just found another problem when testing it again to get the log file: when I open my inventory, I can only select my tools, but not the other items. Same is true for right-clicking them, which means I can't store the items inside chests either. I also can't click items in stores, which means I can't buy anything from NPCs.

When using the ImprovedQualityOfLife mod, if you store the tools on the chest, you won't be able to then right click their respective image on the mod's Ui to swap between them.

So... erm... maybe not all the menus are working properly after all. xD

It also seems to be back to the point that the XNB loader is loading only a few files (I can tell that it's loading the hairstyles and furniture, but not the critters). Not sure if that's caused by the Framework as well.

Also, did the logs change? There used to be a file named LATEST and now I can't find that one. It might just be my ADD though so I just zipped both folders.

P.S: Extended Minecart 1.6.5. is not working for me either. ^^''

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 14, 2017
            • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

It is SMAPI-latest.txt since SMAPI 1.9, dont ask me why pathos changed it, I honestly didnt pay any attention. :p

I will have to try and figure out why stuff isnt working for you, but with 100 mods installed and you being the only one to report it, I am currently leaning towards this being a interaction issue.

Edit: Your log is filled to the brim with repeating errors from `Improved Quality Of Life` by `Demiacle`, as this is the first issue in the log, I cannot be certain it is not also causing any further issues you find.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

I replied to you in the thread for ImprovedQualityfLife for fixing this, but I also wanted to mention that you need to disable the Auto Gate feature in the mod as well or else it's going to go crazy in your error logs.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I already turned off the auto-gate feature from the ImprovedQualityOfLife mod, as suggested by @Xuomi. After that, I tried removing the entire ImprovedQualityOfLife mod from my MODS folder, but I'm still getting the same errors, so this is not coming from an incompatibility between these mods.

So, either the issue is the Framework alone, or the conflict is with a different mod. Although I already tried having just the Framework and ItemSpawner on the MODS folder and nothing else and ItemSpawner was working funny, but worked normally once I removed the Framework and left just the ItemSpawner by itself, and it still works if I put all my mods back into the MODS folder... except the Framework.

That's why I suspected only the Framework to begin with, but you're right. The more mods you have, the higher the change of funny interactions happening. I'll do some more testing in the next few hours/days and keep you posted on the results.

Edit: I put only 2 mods in my MODS folder: Framework and XNB Loader. Removed all the other mods and tested it (on a new save game). This time, not only I couldn't select the items on my inventory (except the weapons, that I can still select just fine), but my mouse was pretty much freezing even when I wanted to just hover it over them. So, it seems the conflict might be between these 2 fellas. I updated the xnb Loader into version 1.0.6 and have no idea which one I had before. I can try downloading v. 1.0.5 and testing with that one, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow.
                  Will send you a new log when I have this issue a bit more isolated. ;)

Last edited: May 14, 2017
                  • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I send you a message on Discord, you have a old objectInformation.xnb installed that is causing issues.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

You're a genius! That solved all the problems!
                      (well, almost, issue with the tools menu persists, but that's probably just from the other mod)
                      *gives Ento a cookie*

Last edited: May 15, 2017
                      • Ashanielle

Ashanielle Void-Bound Voyager

Hey There! I tried searching through the discussion forum to see if this was already addressed and I apologize ahead of time if has. I'm using JAC'd Greenhouse Extended Mod and all of the plants I've planted get wiped when Entoarox Framework checks for updates. I've attached a screenshot of my error. Not sure if I should bring this here or to the developer of the greenhouse mod. Others have reported it to her and she thinks it's an Entoarox Framework issue. Here's a link to the mod on Nexus: Mod Link Thank you so much for any help you can provide!

Here's the image of my error log: Error Log

*I'm using latest versions of everything*

Last edited: May 24, 2017
                        • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This is a known issue and I am working on it in the new EntoFramework 2.0 release.
                          Unfortunately, I havent been able to find someone willing to be my test dummy to make sure the problem is fixed :(

• Ashanielle

Ashanielle Void-Bound Voyager

I'd be glad to volunteer! :) I work from home so pretty much always available.

• demonhunter352

demonhunter352 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Throw it at me. Bug-testing is what I do

• Spadez

Spadez Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! Thank you for making this mod, but I do have a question onto whether or not I should be worried. I have the mod in the mods folder, yet whenever I run the game I get this:
                                Screenshot (14).png

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @Spadez. No need to worry about the warning, the mods will work fine for now. Authors have until SMAPI 2.0 to update deprecated code, and I'll help update mods before then.

Minakie likes this.
                                  • chosenbyfew

chosenbyfew Void-Bound Voyager

Hey Ento, the first two or three times I try to start up SDV per day are met with a "System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added" error while loading. Not sure what key is getting duplicated, or whether it's Framework itself causing the issue or if there's conflicting mods trying to add same-named keys to the SmartContentManager. Log attached.

Weird thing is, it's temporary. It happens the first two or three times I try to start the game after turning my computer on, and then no matter how many times I restart the game after that, it works fine.

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The error passes all the way from SDV itself, through the framework into the XNA library, as far as I know there should be no reason it occurs only with the framework installed :S

• cilabilla

cilabilla Intergalactic Tourist

I'm just now starting to install new mods but apparently I'm doing a very poor job of it (and I'm not quite sure if I'm doing it right despite supposedly following instructions). I noticed that it consistently says that the "The Entoarox Framework mod failed on entry initialisation. It will still be loaded, but may not function correctly. Failed loading type '': System.TypeLoadException: Failure has occurred while loading a type."

I'm pretty sure it's just me not knowing how to install things correctly. :wut:

Attached Files:

• FineTheHuman

FineTheHuman Void-Bound Voyager

First off, thanks for all your work and support! I've read this whole thread and not found anyone with this issue, so I'm posting about it now.

I've been playing around with different mods and had a setup I liked. But, when I played early this morning, I could not get into the Greenhouse. No errors, no crashes. The mouse cursor changes to the 'hand', but right-clicking or hitting "x" does nothing at all. When I first noticed the issue, I quit, then returned and played a whole day around the game world and didn't notice any other bugs.

The session before the issue was noticed, SMAPI notified me of available updates to some mods. I don't remember which, but based on my download history, seems like Lookup Anything, Automate, Chests Anywhere, Fast Animations, TimeSpeed, and Better Sprinklers. After updating and restarting, I noticed the problem.

I started pulling mods to isolate the cause and it only happens when the Framework is installed. Framework alone = no Greenhouse access. All other mods except Framework = I can access the Greenhouse.

Odd.

I next completely wiped my install, only backing up my save file. Reinstalled SDV via Steam, then re-downloaded SMAPI 1.14.1 (was at 1.14 when issue started), and Framework 1.79. The issue persists.

Attached is my fail case log file. Only mod in Mods folder is your Framework, and I have no XNB mods.

(The "Entoarox Framework mod failed on entry initialisation" has been logged every time I've played since I first installed Framework, BTW.)

Thanks in advance for looking at this! If you need any more info, lemme know :)

Attached Files: