Erchius EPP Upgrade

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Guest0241525, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

Let me start by saying that this suggestion is very much inspired by the Erchius EPP mod. Which, while is fine as a mod, I think it would be a cool thing to have in vanilla as an endgame item.

I believe it would make EPP progression feel more complete, rather than just abruptly end on the Cooling EPP. By the very end of the game, once you've explored every other planet type, you would finally be able to harness the moons as well. Make it require hundreds of liquid erchius fuel, crystal erchius ore, as well as dozens of phase matter and solarium stars and I'd say it's fairly balanced out.

2. IxFa

IxFa Pangalactic Porcupine

You can harness the moons really easily with just a breathing EPP. The ghost won't spawn if you have no erchius in your inventory, which is the case when you teleport onto the moon most likely. The threat of the ghosts is very low, gaining 1000 fuel at a time is reasonably easy, especially at a max upgraded manipulator.
    So in the late game, where this supposed erchius EPP can be crafted, it's already become irrelevant. The high mobility and gathering speed outclasses the ghost. Just don't aim for 3000 fuel in one run, then that spectre is chasing you down like its the spirit of Usain Bolt.

Perhaps instead settle with consumables to counter the ghost. Purple stim, like that mod offers.

3. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

It would still feel neater to have Erchius EPP as the final EPP progression step, as opposed to a Cooling EPP.

4. JesseKomm

JesseKomm Void-Bound Voyager

Technically you could avoid the need for this entirely through Terraforming. When you do a full biome conversion on a moon they will no longer spawn the Erchius Ghost regardless of how much you are carrying. Of course it is very expensive, but with an entire moon's resources at your disposal you'll be able to travel the stars for a very, very long time.

5. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

i feel like you'd still save more time and get fuel faster by just doing fuel runs regularly than to do the grinding that earning terraformers requires. but then again ive never traveled that deep into moons before so what do i know