Modding Help expand the range of travelingswoosh!

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by zubarus, Aug 16, 2017.

1. zubarus

zubarus Star Wrangler

hi ho.

frist al work no problem.
    but i want the special travelingswoosh have more range.

{
    "projectileName" : "energytravelingswoosh",
    "image" : "energytravelingswoosh.png",
    "animationCycle" : 0.3,
    "timeToLive" : 0.3,
    "frameNumber" : 5,
    "speed" : 50,
    "orientationLocked" : true,
    "damagePoly" : [ [-40, 24.5], [3.5, 24.5], [15.5, 21.5], [28.5, 15.5], [36.5, 7.5], [40.5, -1.5], [40.5, -12.5], [32.5, -24.5], [-12, -24.5] ],
    "animationLoops" : true,
    "piercing" : true,
    "bounces" : -1,
    "flippable" : true,
    "damageKind" : "broadsword",
    "emitters" : [ ],
    "lightColor" : [90, 50, 120],
    "fullbright" : true,
    "statusEffects" : [],
    "knockback" : 10,
    "knockbackDirectional" : true
    }

this is the original code i use and the game use.
    now i know i need to edit the damgepoly and timetolive buy how many?
    i want the wave get over the halfe screen. and dont get smaler to the end (not the grafik smaler the dmg poly)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  2. SpazDiesFirst360.0

SpazDiesFirst360.0 Phantasmal Quasar

Well, if you want it to go further you would increase the timeToLive. You will need to play with it to reach exactly where you want. The damagePoly is the collision box for the swoosh. I actually toyed with it before and it is tricky to make it align with the image. You may need a custom swoosh image if you want it to be bigger. So you will need to play around with those a lot, but at least you know what to do (hopefully)!

Wait, so you want it to stay the full size the whole time? I don't think that's possible... (unless I'm wrong)

3. zubarus

zubarus Star Wrangler

hmm ok i will test it.
    question
    how i can make the the wave Goes through walls.

4. SpazDiesFirst360.0

:wut: I don't think it's possible to make stuff go through walls. You just can't do it.

Due to how collision boxes and tiles work, there is no way projectiles can go through tiles. However, platforms can be passed through, but that doesn't seem relevant enough to your question. I know that the Erchius Ghost can no-clip, but that's monsters and not projectiles.

So, unless someone else can enlighten us with their no-clipping ways, then I cannot help you with that.

5. zubarus

zubarus Star Wrangler

yes but i want the grafik go through walls not the dmg ..only the grafik.. at this time the grafik stuck at all objectivs.

6. SpazDiesFirst360.0

The best way to solve this issue is to try to find something that can go through walls and try to make it work for projectiles.
    Unfortunately, that may require major lua scripting.

I looked at erchiusghost.monstertype and this is what makes it no-clip:
    Code:
    "collisionEnabled" : false

Or you can try to add your own physics to physics.config using a .patch and set collisionPoly for the new physics setting to all 0s, such as [ [0, 0], [0, 0], [0, 0], [0, 0] ]. But that may break physics engine(?) or have undesired effects.