Expensive End Game Upgrades

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Buildingbooks, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Buildingbooks

Buildingbooks Space Hobo

I would love to see some insanely expensive upgrade options for end game users.
    For Example:
    - Expanded greenhouse @ 15,000,000+
    - Expanded Cellar @ 15,000,000+
    - New Farmable Cave (on farm, like the mushroom cave except can grow (new cave crop?)) @ 20,000,00+ each
    - etc.

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

Wouldn't that encourage minmaxing and force us non minmaxers to play that way?

• Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I don't think so. Money is made pretty much automatically anyway, so you can still build the farm you want. I usually go for form over function (I do plan a complete joja playthrough with capitalism through the roof, but I can't convince my heart to do it) and still earn insane money from the second year on.

That being said, I do like those ideas.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I feel that Sunlite has a point, any farm upgrades that push even more production on the player just sets up an endless cycle-- ok, now you have your super deluxe greenhouse and can grow even more ancient fruit, what are you going to do with that increased income? Do you see the problem? You're saving up to buy massive upgrades which will... increase the income you have nothing to spend on?

I love the idea of late-game money sinks, but they would be better off being simply that, money sinks, that have no great impact on your productivity. Maybe you can spend five million to turn the eyesore abandoned Joja (presuming you went that route) into an arts center or a park? (There's a mod that does that, of course.) Or buy a sponsorship to a sports team. Or a vacation home. Or a boat. Something essentially of no /intrinsic/ value aside from being a fun way to spend your cash.