EXPLORABLE SUN AND GEAR TO DIVE ON MAGMA

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Dalmnolk, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Dalmnolk

Dalmnolk Tentacle Wrangler

Hi there, PLEASE READ THIS, I'M SURE YOU WILL LIKE!

I was mining down and I reach the limit of the planet. There was lava/magma there, I haven't tried anythisg but I think that if I fall there I will loose so much life, or maybe die.

SOO... WHAT IF WE CAN MAKE SOME GEAR TO REFREGERATE OUR BODY AND DIVE ON MAGMA? AND FIND SOME NEW ORES AND DUNGEONS!

Other thing is when you are travelling on your ship, there is various "Solar Sistems" and the "Sun" (that is a star obviously) is not explorable.

SOO... WITH THE CORRECT EQUIPMENT WE CAN LAND ON THESE STARS! AND FIND NEW ORES AND DUNGEONS TOO!

OR MAYBE SOME NEW BOSS!

JUST HOW AWESOME THIS WILL BE? EXPLORING A STAR!

OTHER THINGS THA NEED TO BE ADDED IS BLACK HOLES!

I DON'T HAVE A GOOD IDEA FOR THAT BUT MAYBE DIVIN ON THEM YOU GO TO A RANDOM PLACE IN THE YOUR CURRENT SECTOR!

(Example you are into the Beta Sector and you enter a Black Hole, you will be teleported to oter place in the Beta Sector)

SOO THAT'S IT! IF YOU LIKE SOME OF THIS IDEAS PLEASE VOTE ON THIS SUGESTION!

AND IF YOU HAVE SOME TEORY TOO PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH, AND BY! =D

2. Boneslord

Boneslord Big Damn Hero

New ores and dungeons on a surface of lava which is basically a liquid? Well that won't really work and the lava armor thing will be a bit too overpowered, it's like you have it on and your standing in a pool of lava and yet the NPC monster will just walk into it and die, making it pretty much destroy the purpose of starbound in where you have to explore dungeons and kill NPC monsters to get pixels. The black hole part I don't have any ideas for it and I don't know if it is a good or bad idea.

Heartstrings likes this.
  3. Dalmnolk

But in the lava there will be monsters, and the lava armor will NOT be overpowered, it will not give so much armor because it's just a gear to dive on lava.

And maybe put a bar of how hot you are, (like the oxygen bar) and when it is full the your gear will not resist the overheat, and you die. So you will need to exit the lava to restore the heat. And for bigger planets the center of them must be deeper than others, making the player craft some "power-ups" to the diving gear to don't overheat while exploring.

I know that caves and dungeons are awesome but in the lava maybe you can dive to the center of the planet and getting a new ore. And find some boss at the center too, just like THE BOSS IS THE PLANET, or THE HEART OF THE PLANET... i don't know but a boss there will be awesome and hard, because the gear will not protect you soo much, the heat can kill you and you need to survive the boss atacks too.

See? This will NOT be overpowered, this will be a hard chalenge for advanced players who have the diving gear.

By =D

Thanks for your opinion!

4. danest

danest Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's a sci fi game, I can see there eventually being a diving suit completely resistant to heat. Where one, yes, just might meet "lava fish" or whatever that planet had rolled up. ;) Same with toxic, acidic, or other liquids that might exist on some world. The special suit needn't be particularly strong armor. Maybe it's an invention or tech that just modifies and improves regular diving suits for additional terrains.

Crispyballz likes this.
  5. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

Please, don't make your entire post in caps. And I agree, you should be able to travel past the lava mantle, and access the planet core, on tentacle planets in contains a Tentacle boss, otherwise its solid with TONS of valuable ores, but mining it will cause the planet to become unstable, forcing you to flee if you don't want to blow up with it. The planet would then respawn as an asteroid biome, with remnants and ruins of old dungeons/structures.

beari78, Jonesy, MarcV and 1 other person like this.
  6. Dalmnolk

cool, by the way, i dont use caps lock i use shift =P

7. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

wow such difference

Jonesy, Piccolo and Hawk Novablast like this.
  8. Dalmnolk

yeah i know, because i need to hold a button not only press it like caps lock

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
  9. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

I wonder if you're playing now or really can't see sarcasm

Piccolo and Hawk Novablast like this.
  10. Dalmnolk

what is sarcasm? i realy dont know hehe

11. Dalmnolk

i know what is sarcasm, and yes, i used it on the "shift" part

12. Monochromegoggles

Monochromegoggles Phantasmal Quasar

You do realize that the sun will pretty much vaporize anything that gets too close to it? If armor cannot nullify even the highest-tier laser weapons, what chance does it have to stand against perpetual heat of 5800 degrees Celsius on the surface of the sun alone. The highest average temperature of magma is 1500 degrees celcius, a little under a fourth of the sun's surface temp.

I can sorta see humoring the notion of a magma protection suit with a duration of maybe five minutes tops of time spent in magma. But creating a suit to enter the sun, much less step on it is far fetched. And keep in mind, our sun is just a yellow dwarf, there are stars that are anywhere from twice to fifteen times the size of it, and far hotter.

13. Dalmnolk

thats why i said the diving gear needs upgrades to support the heat. we have a lot of minerals, we can use spaceships and we can use some clothes to support the cold in some planets.
    and then i think there must be an armor to dive in lava, that needs upgrades ro increase the heat resistance and the time you can stay under the lava/star

Its strange but as I said... we can travell to thousands of planets with technology, and will make sense if the tecknology help us on stars

14. THE_____

THE_____ Phantasmal Quasar

Here's the other problem, if you could beam down to a star what would you be standing on exactly? Stars aren't made out of solid material, they're gas giants undergoing nuclear fusion. Henceforth the suit would also need protection from the immense radiation. Something more realistic would be a ship upgrade that would allow travel into the sun's corona so you could jettison and synthesize certain items.

Hardlight and Boneslord like this.
  15. Monochromegoggles

Another thing to keep in mind is that the sun throws off a LOT of interference. Solar flares are known to knock out sattelite systems from time to time, so how would you protect your ship from getting getting blasted by these interference waves? You'd be potentially setting yourself up for a stranding in orbit, where you may eventually get yanked in and incinerated if you lack the ability to correct your trajectory. The same goes for the suit. If we can't even beam to ship when standing next to a background wall with no roof overhead, how will we ever be able to beam back to ship when surrounded in radioactive waves?

The magmasuit idea I can tolerate, but journeying into stars? Forget about it. Too many things that can go wrong and are far beyond even Starbound's fictional sciene logic

16. Dalmnolk

come on, stop all this science................... CANT YOU THINK A WAY TO MAKE IT TRUE? EVERYTHING I SAID YOU THINK IS IMPOSSIBLE, DONT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A GAME AND IT HAVE SO MUCH MATERIALS AND ORES THAT ARE NOT REAL? AND WITH THIS MATERIALS EVERYTHING COULD BE MADE, BECAUSE ITS NOT REAL, IT DONT HAVE A RULE

17. ne3zy

ne3zy Zero Gravity Genie

yeah fuck logic I want to swim in lava with a rainbow pony singing jingle bells :gooby:

MarcV likes this.
  18. MarcV

MarcV Space Hobo

absolutely love this idea.

19. Monochromegoggles

Because it pretty much is if you think about it. As I said before, the magma defense suit is probable, but the sun diving one is not.
    Agesialt, Cerulium, and Rubium and Solarium are the only things I count aside from the refined variants of bars made at the metalwork station. None of these materials exhibit any increased hazard protection against poisons, lava, and other natural dangers. Now if you want to make up a whole new tier of ore that has this magical resistance against solar radiation and nuclear fire, go ahead, be my guest. But assuming that the future=anything is possible in spite of limitations within reality is a poor excuse to shoehorn in completely illogical ideas.

Heck, even Terraria, which has magic of all things didn't allow for people to lava-dive without constantly choking down potions. But even they realized lava-proof armor was not only ridiculous, it would be stupidly broken as well.

One more thing, stop shouting in caps, you're not twelve. (At least, you'd better not be, because then you'd be breaking the forum age restrictions and therefore committing a bannable offense.)

Jonesy likes this.
  20. SonikaCain

SonikaCain Void-Bound Voyager

The sun could be explored by building drones that could withstand the heat and controlling them remotely.
    Or maybe it could be like sending your pet to town in torchlight 2, you can be given an option of a goal or something similar, leave to go about your own business and orbit the sun later to collect the drone and what it has gathered.