RELEASED FarmAutomation.ItemCollector (Unofficial v1.1)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by maddy99, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@dooka Sorry, I forgot to clarify that. It does work. I use Item Collector and Barn Door Automation.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@maddy99 @Pathoschild Sorry to ping both of you but I've run into a strange problem. I was testing the Mill and when I placed a stack of beets or wheat inside of a chest connected to it, they would all disappear. The Mill would not process them, but FarmAutomation says it's moving a stack of zero.
      Code:
      [07:56:03 DEBUG FarmAutomation Mod: Item Collector] Starting search for connected locations at Farm
      [07:56:03 DEBUG FarmAutomation Mod: Item Collector] Mill found and chest connected.  Processing input.
      [07:56:03 INFO  FarmAutomation Mod: Item Collector] Mill input processed: 0 stacks moved.
      [07:56:03 DEBUG FarmAutomation Mod: Item Collector] Mill found and chest connected.  Processing output.
      [07:56:03 INFO  FarmAutomation Mod: Item Collector] Mill output processed: 0 stacks moved.
      I had a wooden path connecting the input to the chest that was sitting at the Mill's output. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. But after I place a stack of anything inside of the chest, it all disappears. It's completely empty when I look inside of it again, and the Mill isn't processing anything.

I don't think my error log will help because I didn't experience any errors, but I'll attach it anyway.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Xuomi That looks like a bug in ItemCollector, so you'll need @maddy99 for that one. :)

Xuomi likes this.
        • maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Hopefully a silly question before I look too deeply at this, but are you checking the output the next day? It takes a day to process mill input and I don't see any day change events in that log.

Xuomi likes this.
          • Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@maddy99 This might be a goof on my part then. :V

I didn't think I needed to because the Mill didn't act like it had taken anything in (it stayed completely still, no movement or anything like every other object that's processing), and it took a full stack of 999 items and poofed them. I didn't think the Mill could take more than one item to process at a time... :oops:

Edit: Okay this was definitely an oops on me. It works, I was misled because the Mill didn't act like it would have if I had manually put in the stock, even after changing maps (and I've never actually made it to a point I could afford a Mill since I keep restarting with new maps and mods whoop).

Sorry!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
            • maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Yeah, I don't do anything with the animation for buildings... Do they have animations? lol. I'll look into setting them appropriately so it's a little more obvious.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@maddy99 Yes! The Mill has a wheel in the middle that turns when it's processing something. It stays still when it's not, which is what threw me off and made me think that the Mill wasn't working properly. When I put in beets or wheat manually it turns, but when the Mill pulls it from a chest, it doesn't. So I guess it sort of isn't working properly... but otherwise everything is fine. Maybe a notice saying the Mill doesn't actually animate would be fine enough for people like me.

• herring11

herring11 Void-Bound Voyager

Where do I report issues/bugs, here, or on the mod's GitHub page?

In case it's here:

After using the "Exit to title" option, and reloading the same save immediately, the mod seems not to pick items it already did (on the current day) before quitting.
                  (f.ex. eggs that the chickens laid in the morning, or mushrooms that popped in the cave early in the day)

With eggs, it's a minor issue, as they can just be picked from the coop's floor, but the mushrooms seem to be gone for good, even though in the SMAPI's log the mod claimed to having collected them.

I would attach the SMAPI log, but since I started the game again since, the old contents seem to be gone. Are old logs kept anywhere?

• herring11

How do I connect crab pots to a chest? I've set it up with the chest as close to the water as possible, but it doesn't work (location is the beach, so it should work by default, and it takes the stuff for recycling machines from the chest).

Attached a screenshot of my setup:

crabpots.png

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
                      Flumme likes this.
                    • Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@herring11 You can't do set it up on the beach side like that. They are too far apart; no matter what you do, they'll always be separated by one grid square. You need to set them up on the pier.

herring11 likes this.
                      • herring11

That worked, thanks! :)

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

I didn't write or touch the code for the most part that affects pots, so off the top of my head, I can't tell you much about them. I might toy with making them work more in a radius instead of physical connection, but it won't be horribly soon unfortunately.

• herring11

No problem, the pier suggestion worked. :)

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

I'm trying to add custom machines to this mod (Routine/Platonymous' New Machines, Kildarien's Farmer to Florist; both utilizing Custom Farming), and... I'm at a loss as to how to make it work. This is what I have inserted for Farmer to Florist's Drying Rack, which is meant to dry flowers/leaves for tea and can change vegetables into chips:

{
                              "Name": "Drying Rack",
                              "InsertItems": true,
                              "AcceptableObjects": [
                              { "Index": -80},
                              { "Index": -75}
                              ]
                              },

...but no matter how long I waited, the flowers were never pulled into the machine (however, the honey I also put in to ensure it was working did get pulled into the kegs I also have set up on the "assembly line" I have going).

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
                                Flumme likes this.
                              • maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

It's been a bit since I've looked at Object IDs but if the index is in the negatives, I believe that's a category instead of an object? In which case it should be "AcceptableCategories" not "AcceptableObjects"

• SpringsSong

I tried it with "AcceptableCategories", too, and it still wouldn't pull from the chest. =/

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

If the machines are drastically different fundamentally than vanilla machines, they may not work. Any chance you can zip up your mods and save file and send me a link to them and I can test them later?

• SpringsSong

They're all relatively simple machines: the ones added by Farmer to Florist (which is part-XNB as well; I have included the base mod in the zip as well) at most require two items (Oil and a flower to make Soap with the soap maker), and the ones from Platonymous' custom machines are also about the same (some require at most two materials, whether they be eggs and flour for pasta or flowers and oil for its soap maker). I'll PM you the ExpireBox link shortly.

• qjqqwerty

qjqqwerty Intergalactic Tourist

Hope to harvest fruit trees
                                        Maybe I'm not modify config

I have tried to modify it in ItemCollectorConfiguration.json
                                        "MachineConfigs": [
                                        {"Name": "FruitTree"},
                                        {"Name": "Fruit Tree"},
                                        {"Name": "Fruit Trees"},
                                        {"Name": "Apple Tree"},
                                        ],
                                        "MachineTerrainFeatureConfigs": [
                                        {
                                        "Name": "FruitTree",
                                        "OutputXOffset": 0,
                                        "OutputYOffset": 0,
                                        "HasOutput": true
                                        }
                                        ],
                                        "MachineBuildingConfigs": [
                                        {
                                        "Name": "FruitTree",
                                        "OutputXOffset": 0,
                                        "OutputYOffset": 0,
                                        "HasOutput": true
                                        }
                                        ],
                                        All these are of no use
                                        If you do not have this function, please be sure to add
                                        - now only "Automate" can collect fruit
                                        -https: //www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1063/?
                                        - but only eight grid range
                                        ps:
                                        The above content from the translation software!
                                        If: unreasonable statement / rude / misnomer / error description, etc.
                                        many thanks for your understanding

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
                                        • Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@qjqqwerty It already does collect fruit from trees, you don't need to mess with the config file to do it.

Connect your trees with a path (default is Wood Path) and place a chest so it's connected to that path. It'll automatically harvest them into the chest.