1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Race

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by FearnWAZZA, May 11, 2016.

1. Glitchspeare

Glitchspeare Void-Bound Voyager

Honestly, I think the Glitch are the best mainly due to their style. Woo medieval! Everyone knows it. Plus, who doesn't love a sad-looking robot?

Actually, Glitch might not be in my favorite. I like Novakid and Apex and Hylotl as well. Hm. Glitch are cool, though.

Novakid due to their style, which I love, and their ship.

Apex because of their fantastic lore.

I just like Hylotl.

Axe Garian and Jimlad 42 like this.
  2. Omegagreen

Omegagreen Starship Captain

Whoops sorry, it's hard finding where to fit them. I guess they tie with the avians at the moment.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  3. baltosaa

baltosaa Pangalactic Porcupine

My favorite races are, in no order,

The Floran,

the Novakids,

and the Avians.

My favorite modded race is the Avali.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  4. Foxcheetah

Foxcheetah Master Chief

I kinda like everyone, too be honest. But here's my top three:

1) Novakid: THEY'RE FREAKING SPACE COWBOYS! MADE OF STARSTUFF! THEY'RE LIVING COWBOY FISSION REACTORS! SO COOL!

2) Floran: I just really love how they treat the fact that Florans are in a whole different kingdom than most of the species, and how they are so barbaric because of that fact. They treat other races like we would a tree, or a blade of grass. They aren't barbaric, it's just a misunderstanding. That's why I like 'em.

3) Human: I find it really interesting how we never really jumped at the opportunity of space exploration, and took the toll when earth was destroyed. It means we're an endangered species in the game.

5. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

OH MY GAWD, SPOILER, DUDE!

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  6. Foxcheetah

Foxcheetah Master Chief

What? The floran plants part, or the destruction of earth part? I had no idea that was a spoiler. Sorry, new here :(

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  7. WallyBW93

WallyBW93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I like the florans.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  8. HerpyDerpy

HerpyDerpy Space Hobo

every dam forum I go to theirs no love for the apex! >:O

FearnWAZZA likes this.
  9. Keyondria

Keyondria Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Probably because the Glitch, Hylotl, Avians, Floran and Novakid are far more unique. The Apex just look like hairy, primitive humans rather than a seperate alien race. And humans themselves are just so generic.

FearnWAZZA and Axe Garian like this.
  10. Shadow20218

Shadow20218 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, apex are our favorite race so what are you taking about? Then again the appearance is not as interesting as other races but with the right sets of clothes they look great.

FearnWAZZA and Axe Garian like this.
  11. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

It also helps if ya give your Apex Black Fur & Red Eyes. :p

Shadow20218 likes this.
  12. moonlord1987

moonlord1987 Space Hobo

Floran could use this to ssstab

13. srightmer

srightmer Tentacle Wrangler

Florans. The idea of ambulatory carnivorous plants makes me smile. I don't worry about character motivations when playing a Floran. I can be dumb or evil and not worry that it isn't in character. Heck, I'm practically a saint and definitely a genius by Floran standards. Plus I like building Floran-style, I can get really creative with giant tree-like structures. Finally, I like the Floran ship: it's big and I've redone the interior walls of mine in plant and flower blocks.

Axe Garian likes this.
  14. Fyrnty

Fyrnty Void-Bound Voyager

I absolutely adore Florans and Novakids becuase of their creative concepts. You are literally a unisex plant, or you are literally a being made out of the Sun's physical essence.

FearnWAZZA, Axe Garian and Jimlad 42 like this.