Favorite season/festival in-game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sunlite, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I'm fine with the season as it stands-- I think CA's intent is to make winter mostly a time to take stock, repair and upgrade things, and the other non-growing things farmers always did traditionally in the old days during the winter months. Those who want to grow things can plant wild seeds, or there's always the greenhouse. It wouldn't bother me if actual winter crops were added but I really don't see the need.

Seismothesaurus likes this.
    • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

That's exactly what I mean...lol most people were like "Ehhh we'd rather do other things." I just personally think it'd be cool to have something for those who DO still want to do some farming, but just as an extra thing. Like, the crops don't have to be required for bundles or anything, maybe they'd even be available only later in the game. Just something for those who aren't as into mining and fishing. The winter crops we have now are fine but more variety like we have in other seasons would still be cool. There for sure are some plants that can grow during colder months, I see a lot of ornamental kale and petunias/pansies here all through winter.

Marco93 likes this.
      • ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

There's always Winter Seeds if you really insist on farming in Winter. Not especially profitable, but it's not a total waste either.

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

I totally do that. I actually end up growing quite a bit in the Winter.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
          • Yoseiri

Yoseiri Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My favorite season is Spring and Fall.
            - Maybe its because the crops look nice, interesting and pretty stuffs.

And I think I love Flower Dance and the Fair,
            - Since Im that one modder who spend their time wisefuly by modding the game 24/24 so I made the Flower Dance fes into a Lolita tea party
            - Also its fun to see Pierre sad face if I didnt win then i still have my plan B

(AKA using Lewis's pants)

• wronghandle

wronghandle Star Wrangler

In terms of activities I love Spring the most. Fishing with my animal buddies beneath the blooming cherry tress is my favorite part of the game. Relaxing and beautiful. Also I have a soft spot for the dandelions because I foraged for wild greens extensively at my old house.

Aesthetically Summer evenings are the prettiest time on a river farm. The colors of the light and water feel soft and warm. The fireflies over the water always make me smile. I do a lot of night fishing in the Summer as an excuse to take it all in.

• Chefpief

Chefpief Subatomic Cosmonaut

Autumn. It's my favourite time of year IRL, and generally is as well in the few games that have changing seasons as a feature. The changing colors, pumpkins, the cool breeze, the ost for autumn is superb. When I first started playing this game I had hoped for a halloween event where you give out treats to trick or treaters, but the maze is nice I guess. That said, Feast of the Winter Star is my favourite festival in the game.

• worldstraveller

worldstraveller Poptop Tamer

I'm probably one of the few who's favourite season is winter for the reasons as some stated, even in IRL is my favourite.

That's a great suggestion, I have always been wondering when would be the best time to remodel my farm, thanks.

Favourite festival, that's a difficult one for me, because my favourites are Luau, Moonlight of the jellies, Winter Star, Spirit Eve and the one of the showcase festival...the prettiest for me is moonlight of the jellies, the one I have the most fun is Spirit's Eve - I really like that maze.

• Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Favorite Festival: Spring Dance

Favorite Season: Its a tough choice, but probably fall.

I very much recommend playing with the Ragnarok Soundtrack Mod

Sample:

Yoseiri likes this.
                    • Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

I hate to say it but, unless you time tool upgrades for the watering can with rain, a good time to upgrade the watering can is winter. Another good winter time task. :3

• worldstraveller

I did that with the gold and irium, specially irium, since they are a bit harder to get and more expensive in making. but remodeling the farm is where I'm really getting difficulties, winter seems to be the best timing for it, also I didn't used well it's space as I should have in the beginning.

• Jack Of Shades

I've never used winter for home upgrades. I'm one of those guys that just upgrades randomly. Lol

• worldstraveller

home upgrades (the first upgrade house stayed for long time until the next one) and barns those, I followed by the prices.

• dearautumn

dearautumn Void-Bound Voyager

I love autumn the most, just like in real life. Everything just looks so magical and whimsical - the deep purple, orange and burgundy colours, the falling leaves, the little pumpkins and other fall decorations that are added to each house. Let's not even mention the soundtracks and the sound of the wind ♥
                              As for the festivals, I enjoy the Spirit's Eve Festival. The atmosphere is wonderful and you can finally buy the jack-o-lantern recipe. The Feast of the Winter Star is really cute as well.

Muny likes this.
                              • LadySurly

LadySurly Void-Bound Voyager

I love winter. It looks beautiful and I get to take a break from tending farm and spend all my time in the mines without feeling guilty for not planting crops 24/7. :DD I normally go from about level 10 to 120 in the winter lol

worldstraveller likes this.
                                • Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

I never upgrade my watering canX3

I actually enjoy doing the animation over and over, its relaxing!

wronghandle and LuthienNightwolf like this.
                                  • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Ah, finally someone else who actually enjoys watering their crops. lol On my first couple saves I never upgraded mine either, but that was mostly due to the fact that I had sprinklers by then and I didn't see a point. Save three, I upgraded everything just to say I did, and current save I actually challenged myself to NOT automate any of my watering, so I've been watering by hand the whole time. I kind of like it though, I feel like I have a more active role in the prosperity of my farm. :3

wronghandle and Roskii Heiral like this.
                                    • Muny

Muny Void-Bound Voyager

I'm going to have to go with Fall as my favorite season. That moment at 6:00PM when the music stops and all you hear is the wind and see the leaves blowing. That is why I chose fall:laugh:

The Spirit's Eve Festival is my favorite mostly because I have a ton of fun each IRL Halloween, but it also makes Fall complete!

• Himbeerninja

Himbeerninja Void-Bound Voyager

Hard to tell.. I can say spring is def. my least favourite tho lo...

I think FALL is the best for its vibrant colours and chilling music plus I LOVE fall crops and collecting mushrooms. So chilling <3 And hectial spring/summer planting is "done".
                                        Summer tho is so fresh and you can almost feel the "heat" and it's awesome to see everyone go to the beach, or buy icecream.
                                        Winter rlly helps to calm down a bit and just enjoy the snow...or fishing...or the mines... or collecting stuff and lookin forward to "christmas" ^.^
                                        Spring tho..idk..I rlly dislike this season in SDV sry :I

• Jack Of Shades

Years of harvest moon bled me of that joy. Lol Upgrades brought me solace, and then sprinklers were my saving grace. <3

Roskii Heiral likes this.