1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Felins 3.9.1

Catgirls in Space!

1. ParryKnight

ParryKnight Void-Bound Voyager

Hey there everyone, i'm not sure if this is the correct place for it i apologize if it is in advance but uhhh i think "technically" this is discussing the felin mod but ehh, anyway while i was playing and listening to music in the background a song came on from Persona 5 and then i thought to myself...this is something a felin would totally listen to it has "funky" "jazzy" vibe to it. I dunno i found it hilarious how fitting it was to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWC5DandLI8

Hmm i wanted to see if i had something to actually discuss about the mod itself but i cant think of anything atm.

Corraidhín and Kawa like this.
  2. HeroUltraOmega

HeroUltraOmega Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Have you ever thought to make the cockpit larger per ship tier like the other ships? Unless the picture on the main mod page is outdated. Haven't played starbound in a LONG while so I wouldn't know.
    Always loved using this race mod, but always thought the last tier cockpit was pretty small.

3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

The problem with that, is I don't like the "captain's chair is 300 feet away from the actual cockpit window" look that the vanilla ships tend to have. It is kinda like trying to fly a jetliner while sitting in first class -- it makes no sense.

Now if there's some sort of technical limitation as to why it must be like that, then I would rather the cockpit NOT expand.

But if it's possible for the cockpit to expand and keep the captain's chair near the window, then I wouldn't mind.

Kawa likes this.
  4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Basically, what @Xylia said.

5. HeroUltraOmega

HeroUltraOmega Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Alrighty. Haven't really thought of that.

6. Redacted Revenant

Redacted Revenant Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Was the last review reply a reference to Megamind?
    If so +infinity points.

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It is, I'll take your +∞ points, and I've never even seen that movie.

8. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

I doubt it's hard coded, BYOS allows you to move your captain's chair.

9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It's true. The chair is what pops up the navigational system, while the system itself is part of the ship image. Therefore, "close to the front of the window" is what would make the most sense.

10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Yes, but BYOS doesn't have an expanding ship. IIRC, some things can't be moved when you upgrade a ship through using the Tier Ship system (which BYOS doesn't use).

If you make a room larger, you can't scoot the captains chair over towards the right, IIRC, because objects that are already placed can't be moved during the upgrade process. You can only expand the rooms with the objects that are already there, staying in place.

That's why the Ship Locker and the Teleporter never move, either. They're placed objects even if you can't normally move them. Now, yes, you COULD use a mod that makes said objects movable, but when I said 'hard coded', I meant, as far as ships that use the traditional tiered ship upgrade system, and the Felin ship is one such ship, like most.

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Even though you'd then be using "hard coded" in entirely the wrong way, I see what you mean.

12. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

i see your point.

13. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Well, I use the term for lack of a better term to use, lol. Yeah, I knew it was kinda a bad term but I just couldn't think of any other way to say it.

Kawa likes this.
  14. slowcold

slowcold Pangalactic Porcupine

A very silly request:

Is it possible to make Felin fossils part of the game please? Elithian race mod adds them for their three races, and it's kinda neat.

15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It's certainly possible in that I already have sprites ready, and have cheated together a felin fossil display, but I can't be certain they'd show up in the wild.

16. slowcold

slowcold Pangalactic Porcupine

Maybe part of a Felin treasure pool or a lootable display, if they won't show up in the wild? I'm a little OCD about the fossils. About the only collection I bother with ..... :) . Collect them IRL as well.

17. Gluttonace

Gluttonace Void-Bound Voyager

Has anyone been able to find more than the standard felin village? I can't find a place to loot the pillow pile or the calming felin poster.

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

The pillow pile isn't in any of the two different settlement types, I think. The poster you mention can be found randomly with the poster merchant in the felin town.

19. Ignes_Vulpes

Ignes_Vulpes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can't start the game (v1.2.4) due to a shipworld error. The only mods I'm using are this the other Felin stuff, Frackin Universe, and a few other small mods that don't touch the shipworld.

20. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Can't do nuthin without starbound.log etc.