1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Firefly (Pleased Giraffe) 1.1 Beta

"Serenity" Smuggler Ship from "Firefly" Series

1. s1lverw0lf

s1lverw0lf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

s1lverw0lf submitted a new mod:

Firefly reDone (Pleased Giraffe) - "Serenity" Smuggler Ship from "Firefly" Series

Read more about this mod...

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Did you get permission to destribute? His mod states: "You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod."

3. s1lverw0lf

Author is offline since june 2014......
    sent him an PM.
    Last mod v. was for enraged Koala

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

June 2015* But that is irrelevant. Without permission, you can't distribute this.

5. s1lverw0lf

Hope this will be solved and maybe he will answer one day.
    I'm ok if this mod will be blocked. But since it's a remake 75% of the code and multiple pieces of structure and background were reworked from 0, rights still belong to the author, i'm not pretending on them.

6. s1lverw0lf

7. troni

troni Void-Bound Voyager

Um loved the original but ths one dosent show when loaded is ther something im not doing i put both folders in the mods section

8. s1lverw0lf

Try reupload the new ver.
    Have you started a new game?

Serenity now works for human race only,
    but i can make it work for other, actually....

9. Marciv

Marciv Orbital Explorer

Trying this mod, just found a glitch.

I loaded some stuff into the Ship Locker - having removed everything initially there (torch,es, torch, swords). Later, when I go back to put more stuff in there, find the original torches and swords have been re-created and placed in there, but stuff I had placed there is gone.

If you let me know where/how to send the log, I can send you it. Not tried this before, so need instructions.

Many thanks.

10. s1lverw0lf

Uhm... you know, it's and old smuggler ship, have seen times... probably, rats?

Actually, It probably could happen, of you upgrade ship (tier0-tier1), because it someway reloads ship storage after it. I'm not too sure.
    After tier 3 update, playng now for few days and see no glitches at all.

11. Marciv

Marciv Orbital Explorer

If the rats on board the Serenity can eat erchius crystals, which have disappeared along with everything else, I think the the sanest thing to do would be to set the autopilot for the heart of the sun and (if possible) to abandon ship. For the sake of all the intelligent species in the universe, those rats must NOT survive, not matter the cost!

OK, I have tried it out and it does clear out and restart on all upgrades of ship Tier up to 3 (ie 0 to 1, 1 to 2 and 2 to 3). Also, I noticed that - unlike the rats - it does not seem to consume the Core Fragments and Erchius Crystals when going up the relevant tiers.

I can't see any quick, easy and dirty way of testing for transitions above Tier 3, but can see no logical reason to assume that they are not going to have the same effect.

This is a bug, and - given the tight storage situation some people seem to find themselves in in this game - a serious one. At the very least, it should be documented in the description so people can work around it.

12. s1lverw0lf

Urggh, mouses are just fine... Good for you you haven't seen the CATS!

//

Thank you alot for your notice. I'm not that much expeirenced in starbound codes and some moments still seem irrational for me.
    I think i found the bug. Will try it

{
    "value" : [0, 255, 0, 255],
    "foregroundBlock" : false,
    "backgroundBlock" : true,
    "backgroundMat" : "invisiblefireflyblock",
    "object" : "humanshiplocker",
    "objectParameters" : {
    "treasurePools" : [ "humanStarterTreasure" ], <---- Here it is!
    "level" : 1,
    "unbreakable" : true
    }

13. s1lverw0lf

14. Marciv

Marciv Orbital Explorer

Thanks for solving the rats problem so quickly. Hopefully the universe is now safe from erchius eating rodents (and felines).

15. s1lverw0lf

please let me know if these nasty ugly creatures will appear again!

I'm big fan of this series, so i love this ship really much, have pleasure!
    now fighting with absolutely insanely dumb gamecrashes while trying to add a glowing engine to this lovely firefly.
    And as well, any changes in modinfo makes the game crash too =(

16. troni

troni Void-Bound Voyager

how can i make it for felins i tried once with the old one i thought if i just replaced the ship files gonna try the new one now thanks :)

s1lverw0lf likes this.
  17. s1lverw0lf

ATM, you should try renaming
    a) entire folder in mod/ships/ "human" to "floran" (if you mean that)
    and every file in this folder called ".structure' (humant1.structure) = human Tier 0-9 to simply 'florant0.structure", florant1.structure" and so on

all races support will be in the next update

18. Brogan04

Brogan04 Intergalactic Tourist

Can you make it so the captains chair points towards the hall way when not in use and when in use, it points towards the window in the cockpit? If not, can you just point the captains chair towards the pilot console please? (If you can)
    By the way, this is a great mod and I love it! Please update this mod ASAP as the Serenity is my favourite ship!
    Thx!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  19. aiden1198

aiden1198 Void-Bound Voyager

The Ship doesnt load when i load my game i have the default human ship...

20. kittentamer

kittentamer Existential Complex

I must say, I'm excited to see this back up and running, I'll try PMing DeadSquirrel as well. I think he'd be happy to see it working. Mind if I add a link to my Firefly's Big Box of Loot mod?

(also pleased because first try I got a black cat along with the ship! =D)