1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.0

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Looks it'll be fun to fight.

2. LegendXCarisso

LegendXCarisso Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, I made those changes. Rocket turrets now fire bullets..... so far it hasn't crashed the server yet but for whatever reasons, the "bullet" does not track enemies which would make the standard defense turret far superior in usability (one single bullet every 1.5 seconds vs saturation of bullets). Should also note that instead of doing 12 - 15 damage, they've gone down to doing 5 - 7..? Does the "standardbullet" actually dictate damage like I'm seeing? Perhaps FU turrets simply should not be used on multiplayer servers possibly? I'll keep testing and see if a server crash does indeed occur. Maybe I should try other turret types to see if similar things happen if a crash occurs with these modified rocket turrets, and if they do....

Well, I'll respond once something happens.

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

well, of course the bullet sucks. i was simply seeing if it fixed the issue. it did. It no longer explodes since it isnt the rocket, which means it gets no explosion damage nor AoE, and functions just like a normal pistol bullet would. the fire rate is set for the rocket, so it fires slow

so , ill change the rocket turret projectile. sadly that means it wont be homing anymore, but meh.

4. LegendXCarisso

Okay.... yikes. Well, the server never crashed, so you were correct. Though it puzzles me why that'd be an issue in the first place. Is the multiplayer netcode that Starbound uses really that bad or something?

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

bear in mind the game was never designed with MP as a primary concern. it could simply be that turrets firing a homing missile fuck up MP for whatever reason. or it could be that the custom homing code that omits players goes crazy...who knows. but we know the cause, so yay

6. LegendXCarisso

Well, took it long enough. 1:50pm CST versus starting the server at 6am. Finally crashed... so I can't say it's the rockets after all. Looks like that wasn't the cause perhaps? *throws hands up in the air* I don't know what could be causing it. When it spits out that error, the server also CTDs (server command prompt thing). Don't think it could be another mod causing this would it..? Though like I said, Vanilla turrets don't do this. Nothing else causes this problem. Maybe I should test the other turrets to see. If it is, then I guess it's just a case of "Use At Your Own Risk" scenario. :S

EDIT: Gonna be trying Laser Turrets now.. Those are pretty awesome looking. I wonder if the server might not be freaking out simply due to the amount of crap that drops from dead enemies maybe?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  7. Wartavian

Wartavian Pangalactic Porcupine

Gauss turrets have best image.
    Also, if your going to be trying out the laser turrets, can you test out a few others? Would be good for Sayter to know if there are any problems with the other turrets.

8. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

quick questiona good question to ask is are you useing any other mods with fracken as that may be a reason as well. i might try to build a turrent or 2 on an alt and test them out to see if i get an error.

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

*turret. the word contains no N, and never has.

10. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Could we add a turrette that attacks enemies by shouting obscenities at them?

Arti78 likes this.
  11. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

i would pay real money for that to be a thing. also what ever happen to the armor upgrader that used the upgrade modules and power?

12. spiraluna

spiraluna Big Damn Hero

*tourette. the word contains an O and only one R, and always has.

13. spiraluna

spiraluna Big Damn Hero

Also, can we add a turot that deals out cards and reads your fortune from them?

sayter likes this.
  14. dualinfinities

dualinfinities Pangalactic Porcupine

warp miner set recipe was moved to the Tinker's Table, but it still does not use the advanced spacefarer set in it's recipe.
    also, it appears that the underworld set has the same issue that caused mining lasers to become obscenely deadly; I was playing with a friend earlier and he one-shot the ruin using the Erchius Eye. it'll regularly hit 1mil damage when wearing the armor.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

if I hear that question one more time this week, I am going to slit somebodies throat.

It was disabled because it no longer functions.

16. Wartavian

Oh my god I laughed so hard at this entire conversation :rofl:
    And I would pay actual cash to see that made.
    TurotTurotTurot
    Also, loving the new beta worm script. I just find it odd that when one segment dies, the connecting segments don't connect back to the head. Also, the segments are weak. Very weak. Also, it's sort of delayed; when the head moves, it takes around a couple of seconds for the connecting segments to realize that the head is moving. But anyways, I LOVE it so far! ^3^

spiraluna likes this.
  17. Wartavian

Are we allowed to suggest things for the mod, at all? Because I was thinking a water-esq golem would be cool. <Minions Aquamantle of something o3o
    Also, I looked at the Mother Poptops images.... Oh my god. I'm glad I made all those Poptops orphans.

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

its not done yet, so yea, its got some hiccups.

19. NovaJ

NovaJ Sandwich Man

Hey if I download the mod use it for one character then delete will ruin my other characters or just take away every FU thing that I built or had?

20. dualinfinities

dualinfinities Pangalactic Porcupine

this is not a mod you can remove safely. it's just too damn big for that. don't even try. just keep separate folders for FU and non-FU games.
    also, that bug with the underworld armor? also happens with the Ixodoom claw, and possibly other boss weapons.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017