1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Having out of bounds ID's isn't good either... and I believe all that does is change the tiles to dirt. So it can be fairly easy to solve. But leaving them out of bounds will create problems for the future. Best to get it cleaned up sooner than later.

And I found the problem. The mod I am cleaning up and getting fixed had some mat ID's that I had missed. I also got on Starbounder.org and reserved a block of mat ID's for this fix project.... so that we hopefully don't run into this problem again :)

2. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

The only thing I can think of is some kind of overflow problem. Like there is a max resistance and apex shoot above it with equipment. I started taking more max-health damage fully geared than if I was with no protection on a non-ice resistant race.

A problem then with the max health debuff though; this makes settling on cold planets impossible if it's not 100% counter-able, as even a slight miniscule health drop per minute can be to much for a base where you spend a long time crafting things.

Edit: I speak of max health lowering, not regular damage.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

not the way the script works.

If you have overflow, it doesnt care. You simply don't get the effect at all if you are above 15% ice resistance, period. nothing occurs at all. so I can't say what is going on on your end. Not saying you are *wrong* , just that the way I coded it...this shouldn't be possible. But without looking closer, I can't be certain. Took a peek today and made a couple minor edits that might resolve the issue. Nothing is "changed" , per se...the code is simply a bit cleaner to remove some tiny potential issues with how it looped.

as for the health drop: yes, i know. That's the point. Overexposure will kill you. Welcome to freezing.

4. Joe Dolca

Joe Dolca Big Damn Hero

Is there a problem with Effigium spawning? I have scouted 5 worlds so far that were marked as having it but i haven't gotten a single ore. Any specifics to what biomes it spawns in? I've gone to shadow worlds mostly, and a few of the unknown worlds.

5. ColonolNutty

ColonolNutty Ketchup Robot

@sayter Can you make plantfibre.item.patch friendlier to other mods that add things to it? Right now it overrides any changes made before it is changed by Frackin Universe. particularly the learnBlueprintsOnPickup

6. ColonolNutty

Better yet, can you add a priority to your metadata file, that way the overrides won't be based off of the name "Frackin' Universe"

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Effigium is there. You can't see it. It is invisible. In order to see it, you *require* a tier 3 ore detector. Otherwise you're going to have to guess where to find it.

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

um....I don't use the base plantfibre.item file. FU only uses a patch file. It's as friendly as it can possibly be. This is what patch files do.

thats the entire file. Nothing wrong with it. No changes needed. As you can see, it adds, it does not replace.

and no, I won't add a priority to the metadata. I had to do that with FR out of necessity. I will not do so with FU. Proper patching will solve the issue you are describing. Failing that, you can patch a patch. The devs themselves caution against mucking with priority. So I don't.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  9. ColonolNutty

Code:
    [
      [
        { "op": "test", "path": "/learnBlueprintsOnPickup", "inverse" : true },
        { "op": "add", "path": "/learnBlueprintsOnPickup", "value": [] }
      ],
      [
        { "op" : "add", "path" : "/learnBlueprintsOnPickup/-", "value" : "fruitsalad" }
      ]
    ]
    The code above (also a patch file, /items/generic/crafting/plantfibre.item.patch) doesn't work if run before your patch file, try it yourself and you'll see.
    First part tests to see if the array exists, if not it adds it as an empty array. Otherwise it leaves it alone, then the next part adds a new item to the array, whether it existed or not. If your time permits, I'd recommend you go about adding the learnBlueprintsOnPickup in other patches files in this fashion as well. It'll reduce conflicts even more. Also, before you ask, no it doesn't work with JSON patch websites, because this format is specific to Starbound

10. Joe Dolca

Joe Dolca Big Damn Hero

I was using the tier 3 detector, but it's ok. What happened is I was in an outdated world from before it was introduced (haven't played starbound in months). I moved a few dozen sectors away and found one that had it.

Also, some planets seem oddly mislabeled. There's dark worlds that are full bright chromatic landscapes, and there was a deadly hot magma world that was actually an ice block plain.

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

thats how subbiomes work. Nothing mislabelled about it. No dark worlds exist that are not dark. They simply sometimes have chromatic subbiomes, which are quite bright :) Likewise for the magma world. it helps break up monotony.

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

After 3 years, I am fully aware of how to make patch files.

in any case...my patch is fine. I see no reason to change it. Nor should I need to change my mods priority. Instead, why not change *yours* if its a problem? Failing that, you could handle it the way I did for the avali graphene item: my making both an item file and a patch.item file for the same item.

all that aside: yea, test is useful. Mostly dont need it though.

Your easiest bet here is to use the "includes" option in your meta file.

13. ColonolNutty

How about you provide sufficient evidence that it's not your patch file? How about you take a look at the evidence I've provided to you instead of just disregarding it completely. You say yours is the most mod friendly it can be, how about you prove it by going through what I demonstrated. Here's the change I propose

Code:
    [
      [
        { "op": "test", "path": "/learnBlueprintsOnPickup", "inverse" : true },
        { "op": "add", "path": "/learnBlueprintsOnPickup", "value": [] }
      ],
      [
        { "op" : "add", "path" : "/learnBlueprintsOnPickup/-", "value" : "mutaviskseed" },
        { "op" : "add", "path" : "/learnBlueprintsOnPickup/-", "value" : "fufloranbath" },
        { "op" : "add", "path" : "/learnBlueprintsOnPickup/-", "value" : "fufloranbed" },
        { "op" : "add", "path" : "/learnBlueprintsOnPickup/-", "value" : "fufloranchair" },
        { "op" : "add", "path" : "/learnBlueprintsOnPickup/-", "value" : "fuflorandoor" },
        { "op" : "add", "path" : "/learnBlueprintsOnPickup/-", "value" : "fufloranlamp" },
        { "op" : "add", "path" : "/learnBlueprintsOnPickup/-", "value" : "fufloransofa" },
        { "op" : "add", "path" : "/learnBlueprintsOnPickup/-", "value" : "fuflorantable" },
        { "op" : "add", "path" : "/learnBlueprintsOnPickup/-", "value" : "fu_grassbed" }
      ]
    ]

Now, THAT is the most mod friendly it can be. Don't deny it because you refuse to learn something new because "that's how I've always done it". To your point on using includes, that is actually an abuse of the property and not how you are supposed to use it.

If you agree with none of the above, then provide me a way of making the changes myself and putting it up as a PR for review in your repo.

If you continue to disregard this, I will add to my description that Frackin' Universe is incompatible, reason: the creator is too stubborn to acknowledge facts presented to him.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

You are missing my point:

your facts are not wrong. I never said they were, nor did I imply it in the last post.

However, nothing is wrong with my patch file, either. "Test" is not required to make a patch file. I have had 0 problems with this patch file in 3 years. I've used it that long. This is the first time it has been problematic. That is all I am saying, and if you want to be a douchebag about it, that is your problem. Slandering me publically will not work out well for you. 3 years in, and tell me I don't know what I am doing? I do. This is evident by the sheer size of my mod and the content within.

You can call my ass stubborn all you like. Publically even, because that'll make you look petty. You're being equally stubborn, since simply adding "includes" in your meta would solve the issue without anyone having to change *anything* at all (and furthermore, I am aware of the priority/includes things being not recommended. And if you are unwilling to use them..why on earth would you suggest I do it in your initial post?).

I've got no objection to updating files. I have every objection to people arguing and trying to start a fight where there isn't one in the first place. Seriously. Look at your tone. You are implying that I know nothing. Why on earth would I respond positively to this? Instead, how about some civilty instead of coming at me like a damned assault?

15. ColonolNutty

Hmm, you're right, my tone is out of line. "Instead, why not change *yours* if its a problem?" caused me to be on the defensive. I'm trying to provide a better way to make patch files, that doesn't involve adding includes to everything and also won't require adding priority either. Can you provide me a way to make the changes to the patch files? or perhaps give me insight into what the problem could be? From what I've discovered what I've stated above is the solution and if you've got a different solution that doesn't involve adding includes, I'd like to hear it

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

quite frankly: i don't give a rats ass what caused you to go off kilter. You're coming into my mod thread and straight up demanding I make changes rather than making a suggestion, and then attacking me and threatening to attempt to publically insult me on your mods page (bannable offense, by the way) when I ask why and provide options.

"hey sayter, have you considered this approach?"

(your method)

"it stops all the stupid @#$@$@# issues with some patches screwing up blueprints unlocks"

me: "oh...never thought to take that approach! what a great idea!"

done.

instead, now I want to slap you.

Now, that said, lets proceed in a civil fashion okay?

yes, a good idea.

i actually was unaware that we can nest like that in SB patches

[ [], [] ]

17. ColonolNutty

Don't do it sayter-chan

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

edited post. read above.

19. ColonolNutty

I wanted a way to make my mods as friendly as possible with every other mod without conflicts, the only problem was with the files that didn't have a specific property. I didn't want to just go and add it, because the starbound files blow up when you add more than one property with the same name. I had to google for awhile before I came across doing patches this way. I apologize for demanding you change it, but I believe this to be the best way to do patch files. My offer still stands though, if you'd like I could spend the time going through each patch file and changing them. I have experience with github and making Pull Requests

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

also , tested patch. works.

I've got no qualms whatsoever about you doing pull requests so long as stuff works and is tested.

Just don't stomp into someones house, drop crap on the floor and insist that they clean it up :) I don't take well to that.