1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. spiraluna

spiraluna Big Damn Hero

I haven't checked in a recent update but around 2-3 updates ago they barely gave 2-3u of power. The same was true for other panels I'd installed manually which normally perform fine under artificial light but worked just as poorly.

2. SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

Bless you for adding such an item into the game. This makes it a lot easier to do... well, ANYTHING using my mech considering I'm a klutz with it.

3. dualinfinities

dualinfinities Pangalactic Porcupine

minor balance gripe, arid combs don't produce enough sand to cover the honey jars' consumption, meaning that it's better to either throw them away, or deliberately waste the honey to not waste sand. can it be increased at all?

also it would be nice if there were slightly fewer bees making standard and red honey.

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

not sure how any of this is an issue. Arid bees were never *intended* to produce equal amounts of sand to what you lost making jars. That would make the jars have a net cost that doesn't affect the player at all. Not sure this is what you meant, though?

and not sure at all what you mean by the last part.

5. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, I'm ashamed to admit I couldn't even beat it without resorting to a Tau mech from ZZ Mechs. (And I did try like 20 times to beat it without. Used Xithcrite armor and an aetherium broadsword. I think I might have gotten if if not for the damn regenerating health.)

And figures, when I re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re try it after... I think... death 31, I manage to beat it no-hit. :avalibleh:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  6. dualinfinities

okay, then can the arid bees at least have a different type of honey? there's like half a dozen or so kinds of combs that produce regular honey, so that product is not worth spending sand on, and that means that it's not even worth using the full setup on arid combs. and it just feels kinda weird and backwards to be deliberately throwing away resources. I don't really understand why the comb whose primary product is sand, actually reduces your sand supply if properly centrifuged. but if they were always intended to be useless, that's fine. I just won't keep any of them, and I'll setup the frames and automation so I don't ever have to deal with them. not my first time dealing with garbage bee products, I've played plenty of MMC. although, usually over there I'm throwing stuff away b/c I have way too much of it, not b/c it's useless...

and the reason I'd like for more types of honey is just that red and yellow honey types are so common (and used so little) that discovering another comb that produces it usually elicits a reaction of "euch, not MORE red/yellow honey".

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

okay, see, that clears it up more directly. ill poke at it.

8. dualinfinities

thanks for taking a look. increasing the sand produced isn't the only way to make arid combs worth it though. if either the honey was something not so stupidly common, or the product wasn't just sand, it wouldn't come off as a waste even if the drop chances were the same or lower.

9. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

at lease you have bees to use the only queen/drone sets i got is a jungle and metal bee. i barely if ever see bees spawn in a world.

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

what ive done is add a couple new types of honey and repurpose some existing ones, a bit. Now they'll do more for you and give more incentive to be crafted. "basic" honey is actually rather rare now.

most honeys increase resistances in some way.

11. FrAndromeda

FrAndromeda Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey there, found a small spelling mistake in the name of one of the .frame files that can crash a server on startup. (well, at least ours)
    'FrackinUniverse\objects\minibiome\precursor\precursorcorner\precursorcorneright.frames'

'precursorcorneright' can be changed to 'precursorcornerright.frames' and it works.

I would do a pull request on Github but I'd need to learn how to do that first. Does this even warrant it? Is it even open to random people? No idea.

Thanks for your hard work!

12. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

quick question how hard would it be to make a machine that crushes diffrent stone tipes into gravel types of that type like proto stone into proto gravel or cobblestone into normal gravel then could crush that gravel into sand?

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinUniverse with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

sayter .will u use png gaunlet and compress your pngs?
    cause i tested it and it decreased your mod size by 37 mb.
    that would be cool f you do it
    thanks you

15. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

16. greenwiz29

greenwiz29 Void-Bound Voyager

@sayter
    Since FU's last update, I haven't been able to start SB. It gets past the CF logo, but ctd's before it gets to the main menu.

I'm not sure if FU is exclusively to blame, but based on what I could understand of the log (which I've attached), it's definitely contributing. Mostly looks to be a problem with the Isotopes collection.

If it's a conflict with one of the other mods, is there a way to figure out which one WITHOUT starting from scratch? I noticed several errors related to Ore Plants+, but I can't imagine why/how those would be linked to FU.

Thanks for your amazing work!

Attached Files:

17. smb64

smb64 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

same here, kinda sucks as I was gonna start using the mod today too... had everything else ready to go but now I've gotta wait for a fix

18. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

It happens. I've gotten used to it, always good to get a log posted for him to look thru also. Sayter updates constantly, so it should be fixed soon.

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinUniverse with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

20. Talyse

Talyse Void-Bound Voyager

So, I've found issues, annoying ones, with solar towers. I originally just had my base on my ship, cause well, you're always there. Hence, I had my solars there as well, and the two towers would put out 12u, no problem, right away, example here:

[​IMG]

Now, I want to move to the space station I'm creating atm. Setting up my towers plain like I had in my ship gets me 0u, and then surrounding it with cheap lights will only get it up to 4u, which is agitating cause it's my only power source. x .x Example here:

[​IMG]

Can we get it so the space stations behave like the ships do? I tried the solar hallway upgrade, as an FYI, and those three solars on the roof have never put out max energy since I put the addition in.

spiraluna likes this.