1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. DishtingBaba

DishtingBaba Big Damn Hero

So i was trying to make some pus. and i have all the ingredients to make pus. But when i tried to make it the crafting recipe wasn't there. But it appears when i use admin mode. Can anyone tell me how to unlock it or what i'm doing wrong? TIA

2. Narfkopp

Narfkopp Phantasmal Quasar

Could someone explain the resistance/immunity system in a short version for imbeciles for me, please?
    IIRC all is now percentage based. When looking at Github however, Cold shield II displays the follwing effects: [ "ffextremecoldimmunity", "liquidnitrogenimmunity" ]
    So is it still an all-or-nothing system in regards to immunity, or could I use a shield I + appropriate resists to gain the (full) immunity effect?
    I'm confused because armors ingame still display both complete immunities and percentages.

3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Basically, it works like this:

< 30%: Basic planets, such as Deserts, you should be fine.
    30-60%: Vanilla, such as Frozen planets.
    60%+ Deadly, as in, FU planets.

When in doubt, grab an EPP III because they are very reasonable to make, though you will need augments to cover what else you need (such as air or light).

An EPP III, I've found protects you pretty much everywhere, but are only 1 status effect at a time and since they give 60%, you're pretty much fine anywhere. The exception are for things like Cosmic which are not found on EPPs... just... higher % is better.

Narfkopp likes this.
  4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sorry, but you're going to have a hard time *ever* convincing me that solar panels should work on an enclosed space station without a direct line to a sun. lol.

Use quantum of fission inside. It's superior anyhow.

I've no intention on touching power code until the power core is re-coded. It's in progress.

in all fairness though, the issue is that space stations dont have "night/day" in the same manner that ships and planets do. as such, they dont follow the typical rules. I'm sure I can adapt it, I just don't see the point until the power rework is complete. I ain't doing the same work more than once.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    GoldRidley likes this.
  5. GoldRidley

GoldRidley Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, death to the sunless solar panel!

The true power in the universe is elder beeeeeeeeeeeeeees

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

7. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

Been doing a playthrough with this mod again lately, been having fun for the most part! Fresh universe, characters specifically for it, no other mods should be modifying planet or ore gen at all. It's been fun playing with the new mech parts especially, and I like how the progression feels more 'vanilla' than the last time I really got into it.

However, I do have a problem: I cannot for the life of me find Ferozium ore listed on a planet. Not anywhere at all. Violium and Aegisalt are spawning on planets, and show up in the navigation console when you click on a planet, but Ferozium? Nope.

I have not found a single planet, after extensive searching, which has naturally occurring Ferozium listed in the navigation console list - plenty with Violium and Aegisalt and Solarium, and some other FU ores... but I really cannot find Ferozium at all.

Am I just super unlucky? Is this somehow intentional or is it a bug at play?

Here's an example of what I mean:

[​IMG]

This planet type and threat level should be one of the first kinds of planets you can encounter which has those three ores. Ferozium(the cyan one) is absent.

Threat level VI planets have Solarium in addition to the Violium and Aegisalt as per normal, but still don't have Ferozium.

Starbound.log doesn't have any errors or anything, so I'm not sure there's much point in posting it, but I can if you really think it'll help.

I'm not sure if it's actually on the planets and just not showing up in the nav window, since I have not quite reached a point where I'd be able to survive on these planet types, but once I can, if you'd like I can go poke around and see if it's spawning as an ore and just not in the nav window for some reason.

Anyways, thanks for your time and a fantastic mod. I don't know how you keep up with such a big project, but it's appreciated. :)

8. Narfkopp

Thanks so far. Just another one: So I take it the immunity-effects are essentially 60% resistance, yes? And is there a difference between 31% and 59%? Or do both simply count as insufficient protection and you will suffer whatever hazards there are in the same magnitude?

9. Narfkopp

@Febilian: I always believed that any planet with aegisalt or violium also does contain ferozium. I just assume that not all ores fit into that display window, as there are often more per planet.

10. Talyse

Talyse Void-Bound Voyager

In all fairness, I did try and put it in the starting part of the space station that has the big window, to see if it'd help it work out or not. But alas, good-bye my dear consistent power source, I hope to see you again one day. ; ~;

Still, thanks for all the hard work on this awesome mod, makes starbound biiiiitchin'~

11. spiraluna

spiraluna Big Damn Hero

So by that token, I would presume that if the panels have a glass or equivalently transparent background tiles that they should work? If that's the case, don't mind that at all.

When the power code is sorted of course.

12. Talyse

Talyse Void-Bound Voyager

And here's a bug report. I play with my husband through Steam. He's the one joining my game, and for whatever reason, whenever I place ( or he places, we tried it both ways ) an item transference device, he immediately crashes, but I'm fine. Tried it on both my ship and space station, crashes in both places. Here's the pastebin for all five of the logs I found on his computer~

https://pastebin.com/SnCywD4W

13. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

That would be a hot mess to code, and I'd rather we not try to make things too complicated. More complicated = more chances for something to break or screw up. I'd rather we KISS (Keep It Simple/Stupid) when it comes to stuff like LUA. No reason to make things complex for the sake of being complex. I mean, face it, you can just throw some Cheap Lights near a Panel in shallow underground and get 100% energy from them. I'm sure they'll find ways to adapt the panels to space stations, once the power rework is done.

Let them re-work the power first, and then maybe after they could figure out what to do about panels and space stations.

That, and there's other reasons (such as Bees! wonkiness) why Space Stations do not make good FU laboratories. Just find an Eden somewhere with bandits (so there's no random enemy spawns) and make a lab there. It's a lot cheaper, anyways, material-wise.

14. DishtingBaba

I've been trying to make Pus. But the recipe is not there in the chemistry table. Could someone tell me how to unlock it ?

15. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Or build on the seafloor, so you have infinite power/ship fuel/carbon/healing water/ all sorts of other crap, AND no hostiles.

16. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Hmm? Is there a new ambient water generator or something I don't know about?

That, and having to go down there, build a lab, drain the water and then how annoying it is to EXPAND said lab without having to create all kinds of airlock rooms... eh. lol.

I dun know. But I suppose for those who don't mind doing such, it would definitely be an option, yes.

I DO like the sound of lots of Carbon though. Carbon is something I hate trying to get early-game. And I could even get to enjoy the aesthetic of an underwater lab... it's tempting! lol. What about bees? Do Bees play nice at the sea floor? And I trust you don't get anything wonky, like water filtering in off-screen in a large room like rain/snow does?

17. DishtingBaba

Can someone please help me with the pus i'm desperate :'C

18. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Could always go to an atropus and kill some leeches; make sure there's an ample liquid trap so the liquid has somewhere to pool up once it's dead.

19. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

Or even better an atropus sea. Sea will be either pus, or blood and/or alien juice. If the latter, go to another one untill it's the former. Then just suck the pus out of the sea. no need to hunt the leeches. Keep in mind that they have two layers. So if the surface isn't pus, jump in and sink down and you might get lucky.
    Also don't forget to mine for blood diamonds and quietus while you're here. You have a much better chance of getting them here than on regular atropus worlds.

(Small request btw) Could you make it so that the Neutron Star Orbs don't affect the player with their gravity? While I like the idea of a projectile weapon that makes enemies seek the missiles instead of the other way around, the problem is that it's throwing ME around too, causing me to be pulled into and ram enemies, thus defeating the entire purpose of a ranged weapon.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  20. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I dunno if it is every atropus, but the one I went to also had pyreite and densinium ore, and not exactly a small amount of it. So I wouldn't write off Atropus planets altogether, though the alien juice sea sounds like a great way to make a ton of plastic.