1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Fullscreen Starmap 1.4

A fullscreen sized navigation console!

1. OzonSF

OzonSF Phantasmal Quasar

OzonSF submitted a new mod:

Fullscreen Starmap - A fullscreen sized navigation console meant to be an extension to flat UI

Read more about this mod...

2. OzonSF

OzonSF Phantasmal Quasar

3. AccademicJimbo

AccademicJimbo Poptop Tamer

Is it possible to reupload as a zip? 7z is giving me extraction errors.

4. OzonSF

OzonSF Phantasmal Quasar

5. AccademicJimbo

Thanks! Works great with FU.

OzonSF likes this.
  6. florant

florant Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I know its not the same thing but do you think you could do anything about the nav screen zooming in too far and leaving the bigger orbits outside of the screen, making the planets inaccessible?

7. OzonSF

OzonSF Phantasmal Quasar

I'm not sure if I understood correctly, is this a bug from this mod or is it from the vanilla game? Because I don't think I ever saw this. I'll see if I can do something about it though.

8. AccademicJimbo

Which mods are you using @florant ?

I did try using MorePlanets & UniGen & Fracking Universe, but the effect of More Planets on top of the rest of that spaces the orbits way to far that even 1080p wont help.

This is not the case if you aren't using MorePlanets which is effectively broken until better tools/changes by either Chucklefish or mods fixes this.

I'm not sure if it is possible to do things like adding an in-solar system scroll/partial zoom options but that is what you'd probably need to do.

9. OzonSF

OzonSF Phantasmal Quasar

So I managed to find the variable that controls the zoom and changed it. I will upload it, but I'm not sure if the value I set will be enough for you. In that case, you can open the cockpit.config.patch located at /interface/cockpit, search for this line: { "op": "replace", "path": "/cockpitViewSettings/viewRadius", "value": 100 }, and replace 100 with the number you want, where a bigger number will increase the zoom, and a smaller will decrease it. The default was 130.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  10. OzonSF

OzonSF Phantasmal Quasar

11. AccademicJimbo

Curious about that now to. How are you getting to that? I'm trying to access it through the main packed.pak in Notepad ++ but it's crashing frequently and there are multiple versions of what i think is the viewRadius for cockpitviewsettings and they're all set to 130.

Otherwise I don't have an actual "interface" folder under Starbound/Assets if thats the only way to otherwise get to it.

12. OzonSF

OzonSF Phantasmal Quasar

Were you opening the assets.pak with notepad++? Oh, don't do that, use the asset_unpacker, here's how to use it. The path I was referring is from my mod, not from the Starbound assets. The latest mod version isn't packed, so you just have to open the folder you've unpacked from the zip, and there will be a interface folder inside.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  13. OzonSF

OzonSF Phantasmal Quasar

14. florant

florant Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was using all of the mods mentioned above, and yes i know More Planets was "breaking" it, i just didnt think of it as broken because it techincally fulfilled its purpose and the problem would be easy enough to circumvent simply by zooming out more. Thank you so so much for finding a way to do that and including it in the mod too, it works superbly. What was the problem with the space station transponder screen if you dont mind me asking?

OzonSF likes this.
  15. OzonSF

OzonSF Phantasmal Quasar

I'm glad that helped! In the version 1.1 I'd changed the name of the navigation console body and header files and forgot to edit the paths in the placestation.config.patch, since the transponder screen uses these same files and I made it fullscreen too (yes, I forgot to add that to the desciption), that was causing the game to load the vanilla files for it, thus breaking it.

16. OzonSF

OzonSF Phantasmal Quasar

OzonSF updated Fullscreen Starmap with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

17. Requiem

Requiem Phantasmal Quasar

Hey there,

can you give me the hint where you have declared and defined the resolution settings of your mod?
    I would like to adjust the width in this case to an Ultrawidescreen setup.

Can we also get the zoom-out interaction back, while aiming outside the respective orbit of the current system?
    It is tedious going all the way to the left, clicking on the zoom-out button instead.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  18. OzonSF

OzonSF Phantasmal Quasar

Well, I'm bad at explaining things as I'm with english, so instead I've made a UW version myself, it is 2560x1080p right? I also edited the zoom out zone, it's back but I hope it doesn't overlap planets on outer orbits. But before I upload it on the mod page, could you test it and see if it looks good?

Attached Files:

19. Requiem

Requiem Phantasmal Quasar

Thank you for your efforts!

It is aaaaalmost perfect!
    I had some issues changing the ZoomOut, since it was working for Interstellar-Map <> Solarsystem, but not for Solarsystem <> Planetcluster. Thanks for changing that one back!

Here a screenshot of its current adaption

Attached Files:

OzonSF likes this.
  20. OzonSF

OzonSF Phantasmal Quasar