Funny things that happen in the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charity322, Apr 25, 2017.

1. LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I've heard that that's the case with the other potential spouses as well, they will talk to you differently depending on which gender you select for your character. Like, if you're a guy, the male marriage candidates will mention never feeling this way about a guy before, stuff like that.

• Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wasn't going to go in the mines because the psychic channel had assured me that the spirits were majorly pissed off and would make life difficult for me, but then I couldn't get into town because of preparations for the Spirit's Eve, so I didn't have much else to do. Well I'm not going to believe that channel anymore. I got 3 dwarf scrolls, including the one I'd been trying to get for ages, plenty of ore, all the bug meat I needed for bait and several gemstone drops. I like this bad luck.

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

Your mojo is too strong for them! Run with it!! :3

• Stryder87

My (in-game) baby boy just started crawling around!! He's such a sweetie! I went to gaze at him before I ended my day and accidentally clicked on him while he was sleeping. I didn't know you can toss him while he's all bundled up!! He spins in the air!! It's hillarious! I couldn't do that with him when he was still a baby, but now that he's a toddler... weeeeeeeeeeee!!! :D

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

It's like I've said on other threads, the fortune teller's luck variations are incredibly minor-- at their strongest, only a tenth of a percent! (Literally, the worst/best fortune days only vary from neutral by -0.1/+0.1 of a luck point.) It's so insignificant that there's no reason to watch the Fortune Teller except for fun.

• Nickthegreat

Nickthegreat Void-Bound Voyager

20170527120058_1.jpg
              Very careful, dont mess it up.. o_O

Surenu likes this.
              • Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just yesterday, I hit up the notice board and Evelyn was asking for a Joja Cola. I popped over to their house to say hi right after picking up the quest, and like I always do, stuck my arm in their trash on the way there. It gave me a Joja Cola. I know Evelyn seems to have memory problems, but yikes!

I'm just going to blame Alex for this one. Maybe he compulsively throws away junk food.

Surenu likes this.
                • Stryder87

Haley and I just had a baby girl!!! Welcome baby Miyuki!!
                  She's adorable... and she has my hair! :meowlcome:

Welcome Baby Miyuki.jpg

• Nickthegreat

Nickthegreat Void-Bound Voyager

Huh?

• Stryder87

Brown hair (it looks like), not blonde. :)

• Charity322

Yeah, but the farmer has green hair.

• Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

That or they're wearing a green hat.

• Stryder87

It's the Archer hat... or... the Luigi hat. Whichever you prefer. :drinkinggentcat:

• Charity322

I don't know how to take screenshots in Stardew Valley, but my cat does. When I shut down the game I get pop ups of random game screens asking me if I want to save my screenshots. Just recently she took 4 screenies of me standing in Pierre's store. She won't tell me what button she presses, but she's good at turning on my script debugger in Firefox too. :rofl:

• Dwarfus

Dwarfus Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

This is a real help wanted ad that Haley put up in one of my saves. I even submitted it to the Stardew Help Wanted blog.

Another thing I find really funny is the most unintentionally in-character bug ever. According the the Dwarf's wiki page, they are unable to give the neutral response when given a neutral gift. It's actually supposed to be: "An offering! Thank you." However, they give the dislike dialogue when given neutral gifts instead, which basically amounts to, "I guess I'll take it." I actually kind of hope that CA never fixes it!

sunlite likes this.
                                • Seismothesaurus

OMG, I've never subscribed to a blog so quickly! Thanks for sharing it!

I have a bunch of notice board requests saved, but my favourite so far is a toss-up between these two:
                                  20170428230935_1.jpg
                                  Just say you're in the mood for a baked potato like a regular person!

20170514003624_1.jpg
                                  Uhh, whose TV, Linus?

Also...
                                  20170514184247_1 - Copy.jpg ...Hmm, hold the phone... hate red mushroom.PNG Yeah, that's what I thought. So basically this is the situation?

Last edited: May 30, 2017
                                    LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                                  • LuthienNightwolf

Omg those otter pictures. LOL

I had one from Elliot one time that said he wanted to put an octopus on a chain. My mind immediately invisioned him walking his new designer pet on a gold chain leash. I drew a sketch but it's long since been buried.

Seismothesaurus likes this.
                                    • Seismothesaurus

Please post it if you ever find it, lol.

I didn't save it, but Shane once asked for some item for a tea party he was hosting. The mental picture of him sitting at a tiny table with Jas and Charlie was too much.

• LuthienNightwolf

sunlite and Seismothesaurus like this.
                                      • sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

Gosh, Haley is, um.....that's disturbing.