1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Traditional (FURRY ART) My Traditional way of art

Discussion in 'Art' started by leonD, Jun 29, 2013.

1. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh well....im back. :rofl:

Well after my 3 month time out coz of i post things which are over the pg-13 line and people here dont like the stuff over this line...what ever stuff i did löl...X3 im back! well i got of course some new stuff done this days (LOL) aaaaand...yea....i read about this old comments over me here and im suprised it still gives trolls heh

well so let me begin with one of my latest pictures about this maybe X3

well im glad to be back, also i really wonder which stuff i posted up which was over 13...coz in my note i got from the mod....there was a wrong link :rofl:DDDDDDDD also IF it WAS the STUFF i THINK, WHY to hell its not edited or deleted in this 3 month?? X3 i really dont give a "blah X3" about coz i dont care ^^

so who wants a cookie? X3

Awesomized likes this.
  2. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

3. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

4. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

5. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

6. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

7. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

Well that comes out if you got questions like how would my character looks as "Super Hero". Im not a big fan from "Super Heros" like the Marvel ones and what not so i dont think i need lasers, spider powas, bats or craws and what the daft knows. The main thing was layed in the design. So i gave here a mix between Robo, Tron and Daft Punk. Also a Plasma-Blade which should do the rest with it. So the design whould be main Black/red neon style. Also if you add the nice tune i linked down there, THAT comes out.

so how do you think about?

Music i doodled to:

8. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

9. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

Jonesy likes this.
  10. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

11. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

12. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

13. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

Wow ur not dead lol
    :D

14. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

well i mostly forgett to show my art here but i draw of course at least ones a week ^^

15. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

I uploaded this picture on my artpages with the following words:

As i said, i try something new in this days so i began "The gamer series" - Still, i will need time between every picture coz my real life needs to be ordert right. I have not so much time to draw or like, next to this i sometimes feel pretty down.

So ok here we are with i guess "the" video game character, the lil italian Plumber - Mario.
    Now people will wonder maybe after all the words i said, why i drawn Mario at the first place? Mario is more or less just a "dude", the "random" video game character with a pretty big mustache. I put him into the series coz not he is just "awesome". If im that honest, i grow not up with him in my earlier gamer days coz i had a C64 with "The great giana sisters" on it.

Mario is, next to his rival sonic, more a normal dude and not the hero...or has not even the being of a hero - like his brother Luigi but thats another story. Mario has nearly (so if you face it normal) not really any powers till he got a fireflower or like. The only thing he can do is jumping and that very good. So its like if youre in real life maybe a bit fat but can jump around like a bouncing ball, nothing more.

But why Mario is "the" video game character?
    I guess coz Mario really -is- just a normal guy makes him pretty much perfect for almost everything and not only jump´n runs - as we can see in his other series where he is the/a star in like:

- Mario Kart
    - Smash Bros.
    - Mario Party
    - Mario Picross
    - Mario Golf
    - Mario Tennis
    - Mario & Luigi Super Star saga

Just to count up some.

So unlike Sonic, Mario is "neutral" and has not any "super powers" by himself till he get a power-up. But what is a reason which makes me still kinda sad if i look at Mario? Mario never really got "payed" for that what he did for his people. Its not that i mean he should be a rich Plumper or something. What i mean is that Mario has 3 Girls which maybe Loves him or not which is not actually known. The Girls are well known as Princess Peach, Princess Daisy and Pauline. A lot people think Daisy is Luigis love but if you look back the game series, Daisys very first crush was at Mario in Super Mario Land for the Game Boy system.

So its kinda sad to see Marios "work" are only honored with a "kiss" or a "cake" at the end of every game. It should be one day give a Mario game end where Mario really marries one of his girls for good. It would be kinda fair if you saw a lot Mario endings where Mario just "hanging around" with Peach or get a kiss on his nose from one of the other girls.

So for me, Mario "deserves" a better ending, a "happy" ending. So i put him in the gamer series for good.

About the Art self, i really tried my best to draw Humans coz im not that good in it. Marios design was a bit hard for me to draw coz of his "big belly". I tried more or less to draw his more 90s being which i hit pretty much right i guess.

Thanks for reading.

Also for a good Mario music mix you should go listen here:
    http://jamesmantheregenold.deviantart.com/art/RR-Chai-Kingdom-Super-Mario-Land-516077077

16. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

Here now the next part from the Gamer Series.

This time its more or less something i kinda "hate" the most in games - I put out the more or less "most known" game from it in its kind, Lemmings.

They are tiny, they have blue overalls, they have green hair, they are stupit, they only walk AND they are made to be "killed". You read it right. Lemmings where kinda "created" to be killed.

http://www.javalemmings.com/DMA/Lem_1.htm

So its something i pretty much hate that you srs create a character which fate is to die. More or less its also weird in a game so actually save them.
    So which rounds up this part is more or less the lil "Skill" you can give those Lemmings which is calling "Blocker". This instandly made your Lemming turn into a WALL and no other Lemming can pass him (a bit like Gandalf YOU SHALL NOT PASS thing.). The MAIN problem is - he also will not move which makes him a Wall till the end of the Level.

It also gives 2 Opinions what todo with this Lemming to give him back his "Walk power"...or not:

- You dig below him the ground away so he will fall down and will be a normal walking Lemming again (which is more or less 10% the case) OR

- You use the Nuke or "Blow up" skill

So coz Opinion 1 is kinda never be the case, this Lemmings Fate is sealed by killing him by (srs) blowing him up. It kinda makes me feel pretty sad coz image your boss would do that in real life - youre done with your work and he gives you a bomb already lighten in your hand, blowing you up.

It sounds funny in the first place - i dont disagree i didnt blow some Lemmings up as child but after i grow up its kinda hard in my opinion - i dont wana make a drama about but honestly, the "Blocker" Skill is for me anyhow a Skill button where you really seals this Lemmings Fate - You WILL kill him, you WILL lose him and that is truely the end for him. But why him? Why it is "this" Lemming?

I thought about a bit more and i called it more as a "sacrifice". Why that?
    To be honest, he srs "turns" into this Wall-mode just to save his other Members to be save. So he gives up his life just for the others? If you think about that at all - YES. So who ever said "Lemmings are stupit" (i know its even standing on the box art) should think twice about - who would srs KILL himself just to save his Friends or Family members (i mean real now, not in movies)?

Think about it.

Also some music for you guys here:

17. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

And here now the next picture from the Gamer Series

This time something which i more or less like in games which also makes the character more or less charming or just not look like a bad-ass-only-hero-like.

The "Noname" Characters which are actually NOT even a hero.

What do i mean with that?
    First of all i mean characters which has -NO- name by default, which means characters which also has no "known" name at all, like Link or Ark (Terranigma, does it ring a bell~?)

For the other part i explain it with one of the best samples i know in gaming history and one of my games i like the most - With the "Boy" from Secret of Evermore.

First of all, he has NO known name by default. Which also makes him a "Noname" character at all. I really searched looooooong if a known name DOES exist but i only found that he is really called "The Boy and his dog" - which also means his pet also has no name at all. But what about this "NOT-hero" thing in the title?

I try to explain.

The Boy from SOE just wants to get home, thats it. Hes not "THE" hero which wana save the world or like, even if he do it anyhow at the end, he really just wana get his ass out of Evermore - which makes the story pretty much charming.
    His dialogs with other people, his dog and like, that all shows that he kinda "dont care" in the first place and "want to go home" now. For him its more like a "Movie trip". I mean for real, Sonic is known as the "hero" who saves his world from Egg-man and Dante is anyhow the badass-duno hero who do his job.

I would even count some other heros into this "NOT-hero" kinds, like i said before Ark as sample. Some other COULD be:

Mario (he wana save the Princess mostly in his games and is not a hero like Sonic)
    Ark (Gets a hero more or less by accident)
    Jak (Same like Ark, is more a anti-hero in other parts of his games and more a "dude")
    Shadow (unlike sonic, he is never a hero and more the "silent" guy in the back)

I could count up some more i have in mind but you get the drill.
    You also now maybe saw that i didnt count up sonic - for reasons. Its not like i hate sonic games but i more or less HATE sonics "kind". I mean in his games and MORE in the TV series he looks like "HE IS THE HEDGEHOG" which gives him a look like a famewhore. I hate thos kinds of characters which are "THE" heros and "HAVE TO" do it and what not. I more like games where youre not the hero (at least not for real or not at the beginning) and more or less wana "do" something to get your OWN personal thing done - Like the Boy here from SOE which JUST wana get home.

Thats why i count him up coz he is one of the characters which does this in the best way he ever could - by tring only to get home with his dog - with style.

Here also a nice music list you should listen to from someone who also enjoyed the game and music from SOE:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  18. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

And now the next kind of characters which i more or less like sometimes, another time they are just more or less unrealistic at all.

The characters im talking about this time are "Ego" characters.

What do i mean here now with the word "Ego"? I mean characters which have a pretty huge "amount" of something which gives the character the "special something", a good sample whould be now Dante from the DMC series - what would be Dante without his cool ego?

But why i didnt draw him here? Reasons: He is more or less cool only in the cutsceens, i mean hey, in DMC3 he srs got a BUNCH of sickles in his back - ingame he would falling into death if that would happen.

So I used another character which more or less fits pretty "perfect" in this line of characters - Raziel.

A vampire is already dead we know that but now image we have a vampire, thrown him into the water (remember, vampires dont like water and it kills them) and he "reborn" again as undead~? Exactly, we would have a undead vampire which means a undead-undead, fucking logic eh?

Its not only that makes Raziel anyhow "mystic" in his own kind, its more or less his Ego which adds the perfect personality to him. How he moves, how he act and react, his words and own voice, this all makes him aperfect character in this ego- characters.

A sample about? sure why not (SPOILERS):

So dont get me wrong but this really "not hero like" (even if you are the "hero (?)" more or less here) fits him well. Hes also more or less one of the other kind of characters which we had before but he is more to deep of his...well..."OWN" kind.

I mean if you saw the videos (or looking for more) you may understand it even more, why i drawn him here coz he is it worth to draw and to show (even if i cant draw him so well, honestly, he is a complex character...).

And here a music again you should listen to give it also the right touch~

19. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

FIRST a lil WARNING: in the text below it will stand i "put this picture into MATURE contest" - i did this only to make a test if you also read that, the picture is nothing sexual or violent so dont worry!

Ah well yea, here now the next Gamer Series picture.

This time a more "well known" character, at least for Star Fox fans, Furrys or like.

Yea it is Krystal. But i guess people will maybe more look on it coz i used more or less a special Thumbnail - for purpose. Coz i guess im more or less one of the people who srs CANT stand her or like her at all but thats another story.

So to get this "spot" in the Series more clear, i had some others IN MIND to draw and now listen CLOSELY to see why i used HER here insteed, coz the others i had in mind were:

-Shantae but she HAS a own game series - still we all know "wayforward" is petty much lay the game into the "ass´n tits" area.

-Lester the unlikely but even HE has a game EVEN if it is bad as hell...

So you maybe get the drill WHY i drawn Krystal here - She is a character which has more or less the "Kind" to be used in a more or less OWN game maybe. Its not something i maybe would wish but you guys should know:

- She appiers the first time in SF Adventures and was more or less a playable character - for maybe 20 minutes. Then she was captured into a Crystal (WORD JOKES ARE SO GREAT NINTENDO!) and is maybe seen sometimes in the game, appiers one time at the end and done - you maybe see here 5-6 times in the game and that only for a short time.

- In SF assault she more or less appiers (again) as side-character in the storyline and nevermore. She also is a playable character in the Multiplayer but her stats are more or less "Neutral" and only with the maybe more or less known "weird tease pose" "Youre not ready yet~" she get the attention from the player(s) (and i dont need to wonder even why...)

- The last game she appiers for real is SF command where she more or less appiers as "bitch". Srs, not even that makes the full command game so bad, they srs "created" Krystal in command to be a egoistical bitch which ruins nearly every ending of the game (i duno but i guess only 2 good endigs are able WITH her).

She also appiers in the Smash Bros series sometimes but thats nothing "to" important.

In the one hand it IS a shame she was never really a REAL Character you can REALLY play in a game. In the other Hand, and thats more or less the case i think it is, I just think that Nintendo needed a "sexy looking Character" which made SF Adventures more intresting.

Of course i know the whole background story, that Krystal was ORIGINAL a FULL playable character in her OWN GAME (Together with Saber) calling "Dinosaur planet". But now we come to the problem, why Nintendo made Krystal from THIS looking:
    http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100131064948/starfox/images/1/1f/Dinosaur_planet_wallpaper.jpg

Into are mor sexy and "less dressed" looking VIXEN, like this:
    http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/3/32982/1035280-krystalstand1.jpg

Honestly, She still could wear a lot more and be a playable character in SF Adventures but no, Nintendo "made" her that "looking" on purpose. You need another sample that Nindendo makes that with other characters? I only say TINY KONG and i can smile, if you know what i mean now.

So dont get me wrong, in my opinion, Nintendo made a HUGE "mistake" creating in that being coz it looks like only a "short plan change" with Rare.

In the other hand, if Nindendo WOULD learn from the "mistake" they made, they could use her for a lot lot lot things more. Like a Series with her playing IN the SF series but is not a main SF-Part, Something like the Legacy of Kain Series "Blood Omen" and "Soul Reaver"~

Thats why i drawn her here.

I also could say more things which "rages me a bit" like people drawn her only to get fame or that "i dislike the SF series but only wana bang Krystal coz shes hot and shes a w***e and what not"......you know the drill and how i finally think over her.

If Nintendo would use her more as FULL character, she could be a nice Vixen but if Nintendo only make her "being" in the game just to "look sexy", its not the right thing.

Oh and why i made the picture MATURE? Heh, think about it twice if you read that ALL now and you maybe understand the lil Test i also make with the picture~

Thanks for reading

And here again something you can listen to~

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  20. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

Yea, i cant stop watching or thinking or reading Spy VS Spy stuff right now. So i drawn again my OCs i created in this universe heh.

And this time they finally GOT their names.

Ladys´n Gentlemen, Fuse & Ms. Fire!

I thought HARD about names for them, the original Black and White Spys name are "Joke & Dagger" So i thought about something which came maybe close. I had a lot things in mind, mostly something about "Traps"´n stuff. So i came in mind something with "Bombs" and "Teasing". So i came up with "FUSE" and "Ms. Fire".

the names are more than as ambiguous IF you think more about it (Yea, i already drawn a *COUGH* pic with them which MAAAYBE helps understanding the name in ONE case heh)~

So i wonder who will get them first X3

Still, enjoy!