Game crashes on start-up

Discussion in 'W:R General Discussion' started by MasterLolage, May 3, 2014.

1. MasterLolage

MasterLolage Intergalactic Tourist

Hi,

I bought the game through Humblebundel and activated it on Steam. I have never been able to play as the game crashes immediatly on start-up. Either with the error 'Unexpected error occured while running the game' or 'Invalid floating point operation', sometimes both. I tried the following sollutions:

Restarting Steam
    Restarting Windows
    Verifying the game cache
    Run both Steam and Wanderlust.exe as administrator
    Reïnstalling MS Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Pack
    Downloading .Net Framework 2.0 or 4.0 Update

To verify wether it was a Steam problem I downloaded the demo, but the problem still occurs. I also have looked everywhere for an answer but are not able to find any. Does anybody have more suggestions? Thanks!

Operating system: Windows 7 (64-bit)
    CPU: Intel i7 1.6 Ghz
    Memory: 6 Gb
    Video: ATI Mobility Radeon HD4650

P.S. The same problem with Risk of Rain, but will post that in the designated Forum

• Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

Is your default printer set in Windows? Don't ask, it just causes problems haha

• MasterLolage

Removed the default printer and every other one. It doesn't seem to make a difference. Also some more info:

I've got two versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable of 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2012. All an x64 and x86 version.

Only Microsoft .NET framework 4.5.1 is listed as installed, though it was my understanding this included all functions of earlier frameworks (2.0, 4.0 etc)

My buddy next to me was able to play straight away, so it's clearly something with my software. I looked through his programs and the only difference seems to be he has .NET framework 1.1 and XNA framework 3.5 installed also. Downloaded and installed those aswell (You never know!) but still nothing..

My inner self is starting to cry!

• Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

I meant to say, make sure it is set.

• MasterLolage

Before I removed it it was set, yes. So that's probably not the issue. I can reïnstall it, see what happens

• MasterLolage

Nothing happened. Do you have any other suggestion? I fear I will never be able to play!

• Caretaker

Caretaker Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey there! I also have this problem. Wanderlust crashes within a few minutes after starting. Afterwards it will say the game is still running and won't allow me to launch it again nor close steam.

Details:
                Windows 8 64-bit
                Intel Pentium CPU G3220 @ 3.00GHz
                4GB RAM
                Intel HD Graphics (unspecificed)

I have done the following to try to resolve the problem:
                Restarted Steam
                Restarted Windows
                Verifed chace
                Run as administrator
                I have the lastest frameworks, C++ redistributables, and directx version

• A1Legged

A1Legged Void-Bound Voyager

Had this problem once. I restarted Pc it fixed the issue, but I can't recreate it. Sorry :( I hope to help with Moral support tho and I will ask Leth about it personally.