1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game Crashes When Sleeping

Discussion in 'Support' started by pxtic, Jul 20, 2017.

1. pxtic

pxtic Tentacle Wrangler

Winter 20th, Year 4: When getting back into bed to sleep the game crashes before saving. Not sure why this is occurring? Most of the mods I have installed are just for aesthetic, so I tried going to sleep without any of my gameplay-altering ones and it still happened.
    The crash log from SMAPI should be attached (Sorry I don't quite know how forums work;; )

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

That log seems to be from starting the game after the crash. If it crashes again, can you grab the "SMAPI-crash.txt" log mentioned in the 5th line, before you relaunch the game.

• pxtic

pxtic Tentacle Wrangler

Okay- It's attached! Sorry about that, I'll update the first post as well.

Attached Files:

MysticTempest likes this.
        • MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

That's alright; thanks for the new log.

It shows the following repeated constantly:
          "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Characters\Toddler_girl.xnb". File not found."

Seems you're missing that 'Toddler_girl.xnb' file. Have Steam verify the files to fix that, and any others you might be missing. But, backup your mods first, as Steam will return the game to its original state.

Instructions for verifying files:
          Right click Stardew Valley in your Steam Library.
          Then select 'Properties' from the popup.
          After that a new 'Properties' window should show up.
          Go to the 3rd tab, 'Local Files', and select; "Verify Integrity of Game Files".

After it finishes; it should work fine.