1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game crashes when trying to launch

Discussion in 'Support' started by Orion_Pax, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Orion_Pax

Orion_Pax Pangalactic Porcupine

Didnt played some time and tried return, but I've been encountered a problem. When I'm trying to launch game - its crashes and there is no error log to see if there is some sort of problem. When I'm launchig it shows this two times. Please, help. I've tried everything that I could imagine.
    MaxthonSnap20170723063818.png
    Also I found that GOG version works just fine. Really odd...

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    • MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Do you mean there's no error log in that error window; or did you already check in the following location for Stardew's Error logs?

If the Steam version is giving you issues, but the GOG isn't. You might have some corrupt game files in the Steam version. You can try verifying them, and see if that helps.

Instructions for verifying files:
      Right click Stardew Valley in your Steam Library.
      Then select 'Properties' from the popup.
      After that a new 'Properties' window should show up.
      Go to the 3rd tab, 'Local Files', and select; "Verify Integrity of Game Files".

• Orion_Pax

Orion_Pax Pangalactic Porcupine

1. There is no Stardew Valley folder in appdata folder. Only one thing I've found is two Stardew Valley.exe.XXXX.dmp (where XXXX is numbers). I've tried this and steam says that there is no problem with game files.
        2. After I installed GOG version (that I don't own) I've decided to test my Steam version and, strange thing, it works now. Really, really strange.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Yea, that is pretty odd. But, I'm glad you managed to get it working again.