1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Game crashing when trying to load

Discussion in 'Support' started by Libo, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Libo

Libo Space Hobo

Hello, never had problems with SV before.
    The save file in question is not corrupt and it appears on the "load" screen. Upon pressing it, the game crashes after a few seconds.
    Only using 2 mods, one for portraits and one music mod.
    If i start a new game, save and quit, i can load this new save up without any problems - which would rule out mods being the problem, i guess.

Heres the error message for my main save from the error log file:

Message: Auf das verworfene Objekt kann nicht zugegriffen werden.
    Objektname: "Texture2D".
    InnerException:
    Stack Trace: bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.CheckDisposed(Object obj, IntPtr pComPtr)
    bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.TextureCollection.set_Item(Int32 index, Texture value)
    bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.RenderBatch(Texture2D texture, SpriteInfo[] sprites, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Flush()
    bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.End()
    bei StardewValley.Game1.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
    bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
    bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
    bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
    bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
    bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
    bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
    bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
    bei StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

We're aware of this issue, and we're working to resolve it as soon as possible!

The crash is related to use of the fullscreen feature. When the game loads your save file, it also tries to switch to the fullscreen state that the file was saved in. You can edit your save file to set fullscreen to false, to work around it. Search for "fullscreen" in your save file:

upload_2017-4-27_18-14-53.png

• Libo

Libo Space Hobo

Thanks guys, appreciate the replies. If I start Stardew Valley in Windowed Mode, and then load the file, it loads up perfectly in fullscreen resolution. Odd, but I'll take it. Cheers