1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game will not launch

Discussion in 'Support' started by pixiesunbelle, Jun 18, 2017.

1. pixiesunbelle

pixiesunbelle Void-Bound Voyager

My game will not launch. I even reinstalled the game

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Can you post your error logs?

The file locations:
      Windows: %AppData%\StardewValley\ErrorLogs
      OSX: /Users/yourusername/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs
      Linux: ~/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs

• Hina0126

Hina0126 Space Hobo

upload_2017-6-26_13-15-40.png

I am having the SAME problem! I've played 100+ hours on this game but suddenly it stopped working!

• MysticTempest

Hina0126, could you upload one of the files here. Or open up one of those text files, and copy/paste everything inside the file over here.

• Hina0126

Hina0126 Space Hobo

InnerException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Failed to load XnaNative.dll. Please verify that you have the XNA Framework installed.
            at ImportXnaNativeMethod((fnptr)* method, SByte* methodName)
            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.NativeMethods.CreateDecompressionContext()
            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.DecompressStream..ctor(Stream baseStream, Int32 compressedTodo, Int32 decompressedTodo)
            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.PrepareStream(Stream input, String assetName, Int32& graphicsProfile)
            Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.PrepareStream(Stream input, String assetName, Int32& graphicsProfile)
            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.Create(ContentManager contentManager, Stream input, String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
            at StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
            at StardewValley.CraftingRecipe.InitShared()
            at StardewValley.Game1.LoadContent()
            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
            at StardewValley.Game1.Initialize()
            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
            at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)

• MysticTempest

Thanks. First off make sure XNA is still installed.

Instructions:
              Right click Stardew Valley in your Steam Library.
              Then select 'Properties' from the popup.
              After that a new 'Properties' window should show up.
              Go to the 3rd tab, 'Local Files', and select; "Browse Local Files".

It should open up a window to your game files. One of the folders in there should be named "_CommonRedist".

Go into that folder, and follow the folders down into the XNA one until you find the xna installer; "xnafx40_redist.msi"
              Reinstall that first, then give it a try.

You might also want to try 'verifying the game files' in that same 'Properties' window while you're there. But, definitely try the XNA stuff first.

• Hina0126

Hina0126 Space Hobo

OH MY GOD YOU SWEET LOVELY AWESOME DUDE THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

I reinstalled it and it works!!! 8D

MysticTempest likes this.
                • LordBlazer

LordBlazer Space Hobo

Hey
                  Just got the game today, but i cant start it.
                  When i click play on steam nothing happens.
                  I have fixed my XNA file, reinstalled it. Vertefied the files, reinstalled the game, restarted my computer, but nothing seems to work.
                  I tried to look for the error log but i cant find it. Can only find Stardew Valley inn steamapps.
                  Help plz ^^

• MysticTempest

The %AppData% is a reference to a hidden path. Make sure you have files & folders that are hidden set to viewable. Or try pasting in %AppData% in the search window on Windows, and see if it takes you there directly. The steamapps stuff has the gamefiles; but not the saves or error logs.

The path would look something like this when typed out literally; just subsittute your user account name below:
                    C:\Users\-your user name-\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\ErrorLogs