1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Resolved Game wont start, what i have found

Discussion in 'Support' started by tevashi, Feb 27, 2016.

1. JamesIV4

JamesIV4 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I had issues with low fps once I got the game working, and the solution was to install the XNA redistributatbles included in the files (CommonRedist or something like that). Try installing those? They helped me even though I already had XNA installed.

• Blacktimus

Blacktimus Space Hobo

Hey guys, I know this problem persist throughout multiple errors. However, another user on another thread pointed out that the framework code is extremely barebones. Some of you may be trying to start the game without an audio device. Simply plug in some headphones and it should start for some of you. If you are getting this string of code in your error logs then that is your problem.
      "Message: This resource could not be created.
      InnerException:
      Stack Trace: bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.AudioEngine..ctor(String settingsFile, TimeSpan lookAheadTime, String rendererId)
      bei StardewValley.Game1.Initialize()
      bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
      bei StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args"​
      Source: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/game-wont-start-without-an-audio-device.107494/

explosive__gamer likes this.
      • Mouzly

Mouzly Space Hobo

• Mouzly

Mouzly Space Hobo

Update: I launched the game via the game location in my folders. so NOT via Steam. I hope it solves some issues for you guys as well.

• greenwithao

greenwithao Space Hobo

I am also having problems launching from steam but can open via folder. I would like very much to launch via steam. anyone have an idea how to fix this?

• ybron

ybron Void-Bound Voyager

So I had all the problems above, and tried every fix imaginable, and still nothing... I narrowed it down, and realized the oly thing that had changed since it had worked and since the problem was i didn't have any sound devices plugged in.. I plugged my headphones back into the computer started stardew valley, and wahlah! it works...

• Ssklyzie

Ssklyzie Space Hobo

I believe this was do to the latest update, which was later patched out. I could be wrong, but if you have an update qued for the game, try installing it.

• Herdestruction

Herdestruction Void-Bound Voyager

Does anyone know if there is a way to play the gaming using a USB sound device? Both my headset and speakers are USB and the game doesn't recognize either as a sound device. It's incredibly frustrating.

• Haniball

Haniball Space Hobo

Hello already know how to fix this error - no longer have the strength for it ...

• RushToward

RushToward Big Damn Hero

I don't want to give any false hope, but the developer says this next upcoming patch should address the issue.

"potential bug fix for an audio engine path problem that prevented the game from starting"

At the very least, he's aware that there's some trouble going on with audio devices.

• ProbablyNotAwesome

ProbablyNotAwesome Space Hobo

This how mine looks like... when i tried to start the game its always on black scrn... how to fix this please help me:cry:

Attached Files:

• Ricky1216

Ricky1216 Space Hobo

This seems to be happening again cause I cant launch my game anymore. Not resolved at all.

• jackadision

jackadision Orbital Explorer

• captainstarkey

captainstarkey Space Hobo

anyone having this issue again? cause I am with no solution working :(

• captainstarkey

captainstarkey Space Hobo

It's back, not loading for me

• OverDewced

OverDewced Space Hobo

I found it out,go to your local game files from steam then delete everything EXCEPT _CommonRedist,Content,And Stardew valley.
                              Then Verify the integrity of game files it should fix them up and launch it. (works for idk if it would work for everyone)