Getting Heart Events after getting a Boy/Girlfriend

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BaconBaka, Apr 29, 2017.

1. BaconBaka

BaconBaka Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've got a marriagable villager up to 8 hearts, and I wanna give them the bouquet. But I also wanna do some of the other heart events as helping Harvey kick his fear of heights.

Is it possible for anyone to gain the other heart events after giving the bouquet to the one you're going for?

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Yes. You can give as many bouquets out as you like and get every candidate up to ten hearts-- but only before you marry one of them. Once you're married, then you can no longer give bouquets. There is no apparent penalty for playing the field and getting every marriage candidate up to ten hearts, so long as you don't mind being insincere!

• BaconBaka

BaconBaka Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks for the info. :)

• Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wish you could get the other heart events without feeling like you're cheating. Things feel incomplete otherwise.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Others have agreed with this! A suggestion has already been made for being able to give 'friendship bracelets' or something similar which could get you to ten hearts without having to play with affections. But the trouble with that is that some of the ten-heart events are very overtly romantic in tone, and wouldn't work for mere friendship.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

That's why I've never personally experienced most of the 10-heart events, outside of Sebastian's and Shane's. I just feel weird giving bouquets to people who are very obviously crushing on my character, when I'm already dating someone. I know it doesn't have any negative affect from a gameplay standpoint but it's just feels wrong otherwise to mess with people's emotions. The 8-heart events can already give the impression that they *really* like you and are just afraid to say something.

It's kind of a shame too, I've seen Maru's on someone's LP and it's pretty awesome.

Jerev likes this.
              • Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

Maybe an alternate friendship ten heart event could be in place once given the bracelet?

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                • blind3rdeye

blind3rdeye Big Damn Hero

Are you sure you can no longer give bouquets after marriage? My first save says otherwise, but maybe there was a bug or something.
                  20170430083229_1.jpg

I'm under the impression that you can still date people while married, but when you give the bouquet you get a heart reduction with your spouse (which can be fixed easily with wine...)

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Maybe I should have phrased that as, 'you can no longer /safely/ give bouquets after marriage.'

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

I'm on my second run through, using a female toon this time, and even after she married Maru, I've been working on bringing everyone up to 10 star level. I've given 7 people a bouquet after getting married and haven't once had a negative effect with Maru. It's only been a few times giving gifts, but never the bouquet (she has a real problem with me gifting Leah and Penny apparently)

I had a real chuckle when I gave the bouquet to Seb a year after marrying his half-sister! haha My girl is such a player! :avalilol:

• Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

He so should have refused that lol. But then some villagers have trouble remembering that you're married. :rofl:

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Leah is especially bad about that. She's always asking if I'm lonely on the farm and if I get cold I can come snuggle with her in her cabin. I'm like "Girl! I have a husband!" :facepalm:

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

At least she didn't take you on a boat and lean in to kiss you while you're married (I'm looking at you, Elliott :()

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                            • Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

I just went through the year 2 Luau. Harvey told me he wondered if Maru would let him put lotion on her. I was like, "Dude, that's my wife!!" Then Maru said Harvey had been talking to her the whole time but she just wanted some of Linus's BBQ. Good lil wifey! The next morning she gave me a bomb as a gift. Does it get any better?!? hahahaha

blind3rdeye likes this.