1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Greckan Race Mod v1.2.5a (SB v1.3.3)

Adding A New Race Of Diplomatic Denizens To Your Universe!

1. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Inf_Wolf14 submitted a new mod:

Greckan Race Mod - Adding A New Race Of Diplomatic Denizens To Your Universe!

Read more about this mod...

Before asking too many questions, I've added an author note in the form of a codex to the Greckan by default. I ask that you read that before posting or jumping to assumptions.
    (In time, that codex will change with mod updates and provide a changelog as well as news concerning the mod. :))

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  2. Eleanor Drapeaux

Eleanor Drapeaux Space Spelunker

The file is broken

3. Inf_Wolf14

Hmm, seems my router shut off during the upload. Posting update now.

4. Inf_Wolf14

5. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

Please upload images of your mod. People don't really feel the urge to download a race mod just to see what it looks like.

bluestorm2112 likes this.
  6. Inf_Wolf14

I am currently away from my main computer. Once I'm home, in the next day, I plan to update the mod page.
    The only reason they aren't there now is because I don't have access to them at the moment.

7. bluestorm2112

bluestorm2112 Tentacle Wrangler

Yeah some screens of the race and their ship would be great.

8. demonix

demonix Subatomic Cosmonaut

are you gonna update the mod for 1.0/on the workshop ?

9. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Would us passing screenshots to you help?

10. Inf_Wolf14

Thank you for the offer, but I dont think it will be necessary. Updated mod page with the photos.

Long story:
    I travel a lot for work. As such, when I was last home, I quickly grabbed the main mod to upload seeing as I would have to do it on the road. The main folders had the resource icon but not my preview images.

Short story:
    I forgot them.

The mod is compatible with SB 1.0.3 The version tag is as follows:
    "Mod Version" "(Game Version)"
    (If the named SB version is incorrect let me know.)

I have plans for the future to be out on the Workshop. As of now, because of the state of my progress, I am going to, primarily, have it on the forums.
    However, even when it makes it way to the Workshop, these forums will remain the central location of the mod.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  11. demonix

ok thanks ^^

12. demonix

and really nice mod i love it !

13. Mistercloud

Mistercloud Seal Broken

Oh No ! I have upgraded my ship past the first upgrade and now I have an ugly human ship :( I can't wait for the next update. In the mean time I'll wait before building anything inside !

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  14. Inf_Wolf14

Hehe, yeah. Good call, because past T4, the ship wont have the same dimensions as the human ship. Working on the ship now, in fact. ;)

Mistercloud likes this.
  15. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 updated Greckan Race Mod with a new update entry:

Another Upgrade!

Read the rest of this update entry...

(This is instructions for users with an existing T5 ship should they want to get the ship without deleting their characters.
    1. First, create a backup of your character. ALWAYS DO THIS ANYWAYS!
    2. Move ALL objects and items you want to keep off your ship, including items in containers AND the container.
    3. (This process, I believe, deletes crew members. I am not sure, so I warn of this here.)
    4. Go into your game files. "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/storage/player"
    5. Here, delete the .shipworld file for your character. I've no idea how to identify what file is to what character, so make sure you have a BACKUP!
    6. When entering the game, if the proper file was deleted, your Greckan will be back to the initial, dark ship.
    7. Type /admin. Type /spawnitem shipT5. Use this item.
    8. Type /admin again to deactivate admin mode, and start replacing your furniture.
    With luck, this should get you to a position with the new ship, without having to make a new character. Making a new character each update is highly recommended; However, I feel some users won't wish to do this.)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  16. Old_Crazy_Gamer

Old_Crazy_Gamer Pangalactic Porcupine

Looks interesting, might i suggest that since your going with the Erchius infecting a host lore that it also affected the pets as well. Will have to give them a go when i do a new character. Oh could we also get pics of the 4 tiers of ships for this race as well if you have the time please. Thanks in advance. =)

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  17. Mistercloud

Mistercloud Seal Broken

I'm definitely a HUGE fan of this race ! The aesthetic is really nice !

If you did like me and upgraded your ship to T5 before the update, you'll have to remove all you items from the ship and remove the xxx.shipworld ( and the shipworld.bak ) to be able to enjoy the T5 update :)

Attached Files:

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  18. Inf_Wolf14

I have plans for an Erchius-related pet. Already ahead of you.

I might include the first few tiers later on. But I want the final design to be a surprise. :) Something you have to play to find out. ;)

Mistercloud likes this.
  19. Mistercloud

Mistercloud Seal Broken

I don't know if it's intended or not but it's not possible to use the elevator rails to go between the floors. Do you think it would be possible to make the opening larger to be able to center an elevator (for now there's an even number of space ).
    Thank you !

Attached Files:

20. Inf_Wolf14

Hmm I thought I put enough room for them...
    My intent was to have a central vertical shaft for elevators. Maybe an oversight while I was editing, I'll change that soon.

Mistercloud likes this.