1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Greckan Race Mod v1.2.5a (SB v1.3.3)

Adding A New Race Of Diplomatic Denizens To Your Universe!

1. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

2. Inf_Wolf14

Hello world!
    So today, I have a little something that I would like to hopefully get out there and get some opinions on before any official release.

As many of you probably know, Frackin' Races includes the Greckan in their line-up. (Yay!)
    However, I myself, have never truly been a fan of some of the ways that FR portrayed the Greckan in the characteristics.
    (And this is BY NO MEANS a rant against FR. It is an amazing mod and I use it myself. I only mean that I have my own ideas of how the Greckan could have traits displayed...)

As such, for the past few days, I have been scripting my own racial abilities for the Greckan. :)

I would like to post a small preliminary of what I've been formulating, and get some feedback.

If you are interested, here is a download link.
    (Information on the added abilities below...)

• Health -30%
    • Energy +40%
      • (Both values actually mimic FR stats a bit because I agree with them quite a bit.)
    • -10% Base Movement Speed
    • +40% Damage w/ Spears
      • Whenever a Greckan player holds a "spear" item, they receive a +40% base power multiplier.
      • (This effect only applies to held items with the "spear" tag in their config.)
    • Erchius Empowerment
      • When a Greckan player is within a short range of either erchius crystal ores, erchius crystals, or liquid erchius, they receive +0.5% health regeneration per tile in proximity.
      • (What this means is for however much erchius you are nearby, you are granted proportional health regen as long as you are nearby.)
    • Dead Weight
      • Building off of the base movement reduction and the physical composition of the Greckan, players receive -10% speed while submerged. And another -15% speed while swimming.
      • (The politically correct composition of Greckan are a mostly mineral body. Thus, in liquids, the race moves drastically slower due to body weight.)

Please try it out and give me some feedback. :)

(This WIP piece is designed as an add-on to my main mod, and appropriately requires it to function without a crash.)

However, what I've been working on I've taken a little further. For those out there who are active modders, I've been constructing a modular racial abilities system.

What does that mean? It means that I have created simple, portable scripts that can be assembled together quite easily for many unique abilities.
    (At the moment, there are only a few modular scripts, however, everything is currently being made with ease-of-use in mind.)

I welcome any modder to take a look at my scripts and see how they work. (Especially if you aren't a very good programmer.)
    I only say, that if someone would like to actually use any of my work, ask me. :)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    Relten likes this.
  3. Azure Fang

Azure Fang Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, I'm going through and updating the Material ID registry on the wiki (https://starbounder.org/Modding:Materials:Mods) and have fond that your listing there conflicts with vanilla materialIDs 1430 and 1431, "biorock.material" and "biorock1.material". Is this still the case, or was this corrected on your end at some point?

EDIT: Add 1433 and 1444, Waste and Copper Block, to that list.

Relten likes this.
  4. Inf_Wolf14

I am currently only using material IDs 1400-1403. The purpose of that allocation was to, essentially, state that I would be using any free IDs within that range over the course of my mod's development.

As of current, none of my mods content conflicts, patches or overrides vanilla assets; Nor do I plan to.

Relten likes this.
  5. Azure Fang

Azure Fang Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I figured that would be the case, I just wanted to make sure since I was cleaning up the is all.

Inf_Wolf14 and Relten like this.
  6. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Hi hi! The mod is pretty cool, buuuuttt there might be a tiny bug relating to tenant spawning? Colony deeds seem to not spawn any tenants when placed in rooms with non-vanilla furniture and this line shows up in the log;

[00:38:16.472] [Error] Could not apply patch from file /tenants/sub-biome/prism.tenant.patch in source: ..\FrackinUniverse\mods\GreckanRaceMod_v1.2.3b.pak. Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Tried to get key '-' in non-object type in pathApply("/tenants/0/species/-")
    [00:38:16.492] [Error] Could not apply patch from file /tenants/sub-biome/geode.tenant.patch in source: ..\FrackinUniverse\mods\GreckanRaceMod_v1.2.3b.pak. Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Tried to get key '-' in non-object type in pathApply("/tenants/0/species/-")
    [00:38:16.492] [Info] Root: Loaded TenantDatabase in 0.100542 seconds

Full pasta is this way: https://pastebin.com/G0gKfPAu

Cheers!

7. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

@Quinch :

Why do you have a .pak inside of a mod?

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  8. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Naw, it's just the folder where I keep all of my characters and mods {it started with FU, hence the name} and the other person playing on my compy plays {mostly} vanilla. You can tell the game to pull information from different locations at boot.

9. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Whups, found out what the problem was - it was about a different mod {hehe, check your colony tags, folks - though I've done that too}. Still wondering about the patch error lines, but I'm guessing it's not actually anything important.

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  10. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 updated Greckan Race Mod with a new update entry:

Clarification Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. Inf_Wolf14

Welp...

Following on what I had begun quite, quite, QUITE some time ago... I've put up my own mod for the standalone abilities I had developed for the Greckan.

THIS mod utilizes the same modular ability system as previously advertised; However, the changes impact only Greckan gameplay.

I recommend and encourage players of my race mod to download and try out these changes. :)
    (In due time we may see changes, additions, and/or removals of abilities, as racial abilities are delicate systems to tweak and maintain balance with.)

12. olsenitis

olsenitis Void-Bound Voyager

Im having trubble with getting to the homeworld I have spent over 24 hours trying to find the npc at the outpost. Is there a spawn id to it?