RELEASED Greener Pastures Farm Map MOD

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Starbeak87, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Starbeak87

Starbeak87 Phantasmal Quasar

Strange? I didn't edit any of the textures. but if you could post some screecaps, that'd be good.

• nerdinreallife

nerdinreallife Poptop Tamer

I'd be happy to. :) It'll post caps a bit, I've got a 5 year nephew who wants a turn at his farm. ;)

• Starbeak87

lol, know how that goes. I've got a 2 y/o and he want's like ALL OF MY TIME! :kitten2:

• nerdinreallife

nerdinreallife Poptop Tamer

Yes! and I've gotten him hooked on SDV. [He's actually 6, don't tell him I messed up :D I wanna keep him small forever.] He loves cleaning his farm and fighting monsters. :D

Most of the issues are minor to moderate visual ... misalignments [I'm very new to modding and not sure of the lingo]. None of them interfere with my enjoyment of the game, or how much I enjoy your map but I hope they help in future updates.

- Jessie

Screenshot 2017-02-19 21.55.47.jpg

[Walkway into farm and dried up pond]

Screenshot 2017-02-19 21.21.28.jpg

[In front of cave, pathway to Robyn's and behind barn]

Screenshot 2017-02-19 21.55.18.jpg

[Misalignments at top and bottom of swimming pond]

Screenshot 2017-02-19 21.55.29.jpg

[Ice patch in lower-right corner.]

Screenshot 2017-02-19 22.07.01.jpg

[Farm Cave: overlap on the flowers on the entrance wall. Now, this one could be because I'm using the 2Cute Farm Cave map/mod by @taintedwheat. I'm not sure which map/mod is the culprit and it's only a very minimal visual issue, but I thought I'd point it out, just in case.]

Starbeak87 likes this.
          • Starbeak87

Perhaps, but it IS quite interesting. And it seems to be the same few tiles over and over, causing the issue. Now I'm somewhat eager to get through the rest of my fall season, so I can see what's going on myself. I might also just use a mod and jump to winter on a test character. I'll let you know what my findings are, either way.

[update]
            YES! I've absolutely screwed up the texture. This is largely due to my inexperience with the tile sheet. I'll be going back and fixing these rather noticeable mistakes soon.
            HOWEVER, after closely inspecting the winter_outdoorsTileSheet.png I've determined that ConcernedApe (for whatever reason) was lazy about the snow shadowing. As a result, what looks like shadowed dirt with grass in summer, looks like blinding snow in winter.

Along with the coming map updates, I hope to add a custom tilesheet set for people to use (optionally) with this mod.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
            • Starbeak87

:cry: Ugh... I've opened a can of worms I'm NOT sure I was ready for... I've sorted most of the tile issues. Now I'm attempting a custom texture pack to go with this. ATM mostly to correct what shadowed winter dirt looks like. I've went with an ICE look.
              texture fix 01.jpg texture fix 02.jpg

Minakie likes this.
              • DreamerDrop

DreamerDrop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hah, this is so cute. If I wasn't so attached to the leafy green surroundings of Ali's Forest Farm, I'd definitely have this one.

The pet house is a good touch. I always feel bad for my cat just having that measly water bowl...

Starbeak87 likes this.
                • Starbeak87

Yeah, Ali's Secret Forest is a very attractive map. With this one, I wanted to preserve some of the default map's aesthetic, thus why the large pond and some of the surrounding trees had to stay. It may be getting more flowers and trees in the next version.

Perhaps the best part of it, to me, is that it uses default tiles from the rundown forest house. So, in theory, it would work with other texture packs too. Though, if you were to give this mod a go at some point. I'd recommend waiting for the next update, as it's going to fix some issues. Should be a day, or two... idk. Soon! lol

gaakishi and DreamerDrop like this.
                  • Hi Starbeak87,

I am using "
                    Greener Pastures One Pond 1.0.5.zip" on a new game with a fresh install.
                    I've noticed that trying to get back to my farm from Marnie's causes a glitch where I am stuck in the southern portion of the map. I start out not being able to see my character, but walking upwards eventually reveals it. Once I can see my character I am able to walk right and "exit" back to Marnie's ranch. This glitch does not occur at the northern or eastern exits. I have included a screenshot.

• Framework
                    • Advanced Location Loader (I have no new locations installed however)
                    • CJB Item Spawner
                    • Daily Friendship Increaser (Stops friendship decay)
                    • Get Dressed
                    • Gift Taste Helper
                    • OmniFarm (A overhaul of the combat farm map)
                    • Seasonal Immersion
                    • TrainerMod (The one it comes with)

• No More Bowlegs
                    • Elliot Refined
                    • Harvey Refined
                    • Matching Slime Hutch
                    • Alternate Outfit for Shane
                    • Farmhouse Basement (No bathroom, restored version)
                    • Symmetrical Shed
                    • Caroline with Brown Hair
                    • New Spouse Rooms
                    • Real Life Horses
                    • Babies Take after Spouses
                    • Cleaner Barn and Coop
                    • Seasonal Vanilla Buildings (For seasonal immersion)
                    • A bigger better hilltop (Overhaul for mining farm)
                    • Your mod

Update: I've repeated the glitch on this file as well "Greener Pastures 1.0.5.zip"

Update 2: I'm going to add two more screenshots. I've managed to find a way to escape. It involves going to your new cave, then I spawn on top of the pond. I approach the dock and "jump" into the pond again, then I can get out and play as normal.

Update 3: The culprit was the SMAPI portion of OmniFarm. That mod comes with a .xnb for the combat farm, but it also has a SMAPI portion with additional features.

Users of both mods should cut + paste the OmniFarm file out of SDV/Mods and into another location if playing with yours. But at least there is a workaround.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2017
                      Starbeak87 likes this.
                    • Starbeak87

Wow, and here I was about to blame Advanced Location Loader. But it's cool that you've found the problem and a solution.
                      I hope you enjoy the map!
                      That little warp point near the new cave that sends you to the pond is not some crazy glitch. Its actually a loose end I've left for a future mod. For now, it warps you to the pond, when the mod it belongs to is actually released...

• I have heard that ALL isn't friendly with a lot of mods, I have it just in case I find a new location (one day) that I like.

Yes I LOOOOVE your map <3

I am excited to see how the cave works out then!!

• Starbeak87

Hey everyone.
                          I just pushed the 1.1.0 update for Greener Pastures. I may update the texture pack as it develops. But this is likely to be the last major update for GP for a while. Baring any major problems that is.
                          Enjoy!!!

• Balentay

Balentay Void-Bound Voyager

This map is lovely. I particularly like the extra silo space, the little dock and the doghouse! Its too bad I like the wilderness map too much, id kill to have a little dock in my pond slash lake and give my poor pet a little house :p

Starbeak87 likes this.
                            • daniannapants

daniannapants Void-Bound Voyager

Bug update: if you haven't finished the entirety of Mr Qi's first set of quests the Greener Pastures with swimming hole 1.05 will prevent you from being able to interact with the wood pile. I've replaced the .xml file with the original/vanilla farm map and I was able to do the wood pile thing. Sorry if this seems vague, I'm trying not to be too spoiler-y for anyone who hasn't finished the Qi quests!

Starbeak87 likes this.
                              • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I never understood what the wood pile was supposed to do .-.

Starbeak87 likes this.
                                • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Maybe I am just failing hard, but in addition to the lack of a trigger for the Mr.Qi quest on the wood pile, I can't seem to put furniture like flower pots on the house's porch. Using 1.05 with swimming pond. The log that is supposed to block the pier is also missing.

Starbeak87 likes this.
                                  • Starbeak87

Not really sure what's up with that... I guess I'll try testing it if I ever get back around to that. But to be fair, the swimming hole map is more intended for end-game play anyway. I did add some features in case people want to use it for complete play-throughs. So I'll have to research the relevant quest a bit.

Nor I... Never did much with Mr Qi.

It may be that when I remapped the foundation of the house, I screwed up and made those tiles NoFurniture in addition to NoSpawn and NPCBarrier. As for the log blocking the small dock that I added, yeah... that only spawns if you start a new map with this mod, unfortunately.

[Progress Update]

As many have no doubpt noticed, the optional winter dirt texture is completely screwed up! I know this... Sorry. I intended to have it completed long ago, but life has been happening... But that's real life for ya. IRL gameplay sucks, the sound track is boring, and the graphics aren't that fantastic. If anyone is interested in picking up the dirt retexture where I left off, lemme know and I'll send what I've got, and you can have the credit.

• Starbeak87

[Self explanatory face-palm moment]
                                      Duh! NoSpawn must effect quest spawns as well... Or else I just screwed up that portion of the foundation in general. At least it's fairly obvious what went wrong!

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

The odd thing is that I did start a new game, several times, and the log was consistently not on the pier. I didn't and don't mind because I've played a lot of the game, and it is a good way to get energy back during the first week or two of game play without being too cheaty. So I'm not really complaining, I just wanted to let you know that that is the case, in case it bothered you. I checked both with and without my other mods installed, to the same result.

I will happily wait for the fix on Mr. Qi's quest- especially since I don't use the reward much, anyhow!

Starbeak87 likes this.
                                        • woodpest

woodpest Void-Bound Voyager

I really love your Farm Map. Especially the place for the silos :)
                                          Can't wait for the update where I get to find out what's up with this new mysterious cave!
                                          Well done!