1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Gyrusens+ [v1.8.6]

Alien reptile race from distant lands, and more! (No longer requires Airless Dungeons!)

1. ZaChrome

ZaChrome Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This does help, but it's not what G.Xyon asked for :
    Go inside the game folder (locate your steam folder then Steam->SteamApps->Common->Starbound->Storage) Here will be a file called Starbound.log . That's what we want.
    Either link the file by message or copy the content. Since it crashes at the start of the game i guess it won't be too long a file (except if you've got a crap ton of mods like me.)

2. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

[​IMG]

And if I may direct you to literally one of the first few things you read on the overview page of the Gyrusens+ mod:
    The Gyrusens+ mod requires >[Airless Dungeons]< mod! This mod allows moons and other planets to host dungeons.

Perhaps this might be the cause of your crash?

3. crystalfeather3

crystalfeather3 Starship Captain

Have the 1.2.2 Starbound edition and am currently running FU, Elithian races and Extra dungeons mods. Can this be added and work? Just hoping here . . .

4. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Just tested it out with a bunch of mods, including FU and misc races, still works like a charm! If there's any issues, don't hesitate to let me know.

And make sure you download >[Airless Dungeons]< as well, the Gyrusens+ mod will crash immediately without it, I can't stress this enough.

5. ZaChrome

I have almost 200 mods installed, with elithian races, fu, avali, and other stuff. Gyrusen works perfectly fine, except for the stuff supposed to spawn on planets. I found some voidium ore, so i can get it even with the generation changes.

6. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

I'd like to make a small note, that Gyrusens+ does indeed work with FU! The only "incompatibility" is that the Gyrusens+ doesn't generate dungeons on custom-made planets (so pretty much every new biome added by FU), but with anything that remains vanilla, such as the standard biomes/stars, the mod will work just fine. Eventually I will be making a possibly separate patch mod to address the non-custom planet inclusions.

Thanks for the help! :D

7. ZaChrome

I agree, and am aware of that, but fu does generate almost 60% of the universe, and if you've got truespace, it's more like 80 or 90% of the planets.

8. crystalfeather3

crystalfeather3 Starship Captain

Just a dumb noob question . . . Your mod is a folder right? I'm used to Steam and .pak extensions. Is this just plug and play, copy and paste into mod folder? Thanks.

Also, The issue of moons and FU is mentioned earlier in this thread. Are you saying I may not be able to access that portion of the mod? Or it's just really unlikely to find a normal moon? Thanks again and will put your mod in tomorrow!

9. L4DTurbozero

L4DTurbozero Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes it's a folder but it's downloaded from a .rar. All you gotta do is open the .rar and drag the folder into your mods folder in star-bounds local files. It's a rare chance to find a normal moon but once you know what you're looking for its pretty consistent to find the right moon.

10. Myuuthemew

Myuuthemew Void-Bound Voyager

God I feel so stupid, thank you! It works wonderfully now! Though I must ask if the airless dungeons mess up other dungeons? Because I've seen one of the older Avian temples and a Human Prison on a forest planet... Also why not put this on steam, it works well

11. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Don't worry about it! It's a more common issue that you'd think, ahah. As for the Airless Dungeon question: not at all! Airless Dungeons simply opens up the possibility for certain biomes to host dungeons, nothing else, nothing more. There have been reports that sometimes unexplored loaded biomes may intially mess up (such as change to other unrelated biomes), but this is entirely unrelated to what the mod does, but it'd still be a good thing to keep in mind. Nothing that scooting up to any other direction won't fix, though!

That's happening quite soon! There are some big changes that are planned out, and I'd like to get those changes done with first before tossing it onto Steam. Once that's done, every update will be available through Steam, including Airless Dungeons and my other mods (and possible future mods).

Saint Apollyon likes this.
  12. Cross Czech

Cross Czech Phantasmal Quasar

Hello.
    I've been reading up on your mod at the request of one of the players on my server.
    It looks very robust and well done. I had a couple quick questions.
    First, is Gyrusens compatible with Frackin Universe at this time?
    Second, does Gyrusens change the way in which the universe is generated?
    [I saw the planet in the write up that was level: Just No (X)]
    I had to smile on that one.

CrossCzech

13. ZaChrome

It won't radicaly change the way the universe generate, unlike something like truespace, but it will add some stuff to the generation (Ores, mineascellous, stuff). The 'Just No' planet won't be generated for sure with fu, but i can't answer just yet, as i havn't found one and my generated system sample isn't quite high enough just yet.
    Come back later, i'll have the answer

@G.Xyon Add it to the mod page, or the mod description in a compatibility folder. if you need, i can give you my mod list (now over 210 mods) so you put it into it too

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  14. Myuuthemew

Ah, it's all good and clear sailing from here, thanks alot ;D
    Again, I suggest putting this mod on steam's workshop unless uploading on there is a pain.

15. Myuuthemew

One last question, sorry ;w;
    But uhm... Are there any armor sets for tier 5 and 6? Cause some of these planets are starting to kick me around

16. L4DTurbozero

L4DTurbozero Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the teir 4 armor is the highest there is at the moment without going into some specialized armor the mod has. I recommend investing in an elite hexorb. Its kinda expensive to get but it's worth it in the long run. you can make it in the mod upgrade station which you can build from the synthesizing anvil.

G.Xyon likes this.
  17. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Much like @L4DTurbozero said, Tier 4 is the highest tier of 'armor'. If you have obtained or are about to obtain the full Tier 4 armor set (Rank 5 GSF Armor), the helmet should give you a quest to progress into a more complex-yet-powerful system of armors and weapons for your journey up ahead. Consider investigating!

I wholeheartedly agree. The Hexorb backitems are designed to give you an edge in fights and explorations, so don't hesitate to make one or two if you get the chance! The Elite Hexorb is more or less up to chance as there's a specific component which you must find in a treasure chest (which will require a bunch of exploration), but it's well-worth the investment. It's very possible to be able to get said component as you progress through the game.

18. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Hey guys! Small non-patch update.

As per requested: Gyrusens+ Compatibility Batch Patch!

All you need to make certain mods compatible, packed up into one neat .zip folder. I decided to include these patches as their own little mini-mod in order to keep the Gyrusens+ clutter-free, as well as to have a formal list of all of the mods that present some form of incompatibility with the mod. Adding to that, everything you need to know about what the compatibility patches do, as well as my recommendations, should be explained in the overview page! With that said, all requests for compatibility should be done there instead of here, albeit there's nothing wrong with making a mention here.

Regarding the elephant in the room:
    I recognize that a lot of people have been asking for this, and I'd like to mention that the Steam Workshop release is most certainly planned! I do also recognize that it's worlds easier to have the mod in the Workshop as it updates automatically and is less of a hassle to maintain: however, my main issue with this is that there is a big feature within the mod that will receive a total overhaul, and unfortunately simply 'turning off' the feature doesn't work too well as it blocks a section of the content the mod offers. The current plan before putting the mod on the Steam Workshop is to get this overhaul as soon as possible along with some prettying up (touching up the sprites, making sure everything looks good, making sure certain things are properly placed and decorated, etc etc), and once that's done you can expect the mod to be up and running with the next content update in the Steam Workshop! Please bare with us for a little bit more while we get things ready for the steam release! :up:

Thank you once more for your patience and feedback, and I hope you have a grand one.

19. ZaChrome

Thx alot for the patch, i can confirm it was impossible to find you custom planet before it, and so, impossible to have the full experience. I'll give a full review once i started exploring a few of your worlds. I must say i expect some tough times since i have the more difficulty mods on, and i'll tell you how much they affect your biomes

20. Myuuthemew

Okay, I'm sorry yet again... But, where are the tomes exactly... I spent about 3 hours finding the water and fire ones and then accidentally unbinding them and making things from them, not knowing there were other tomes. I would really like to get this mission done with, I didn't know I had to have the sealed ones. I know where to find the fire and water... I just don't know where I could possibly find elec, wind, and earth. No clue what planets their on.