RP Halo: Beyond the Rim

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Dragonclaw, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Michael and Lukas drop in the Warthog. It also looks like they made it in one piece.

You're needed in a Warthog with Michael. After getting in, you're dropped onto the research ship.

As you get close, you manage to contact them. You also hear a marine talking.

"We got incoming. It's a friendly. Don't shoot him, OK?"

Firebird Zoom and Arra like this.
  2. Arra

Arra The End of Time

" Hello! It's me! Vistar! "

Dragonclaw and Firebird Zoom like this.
  3. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

"Okay, gimme a destination Michael.."

4. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

((There will be a bit less posting for a few more days.))

@Jirky-Kake

You're docked by now, and Mie (right?) is at the airlock with the docking tube.

@Jake9039

Michael made it down with Lukas. The ship seems to be tilted... that will complicate things...

"Wait a second... Crap. So... this part we landed on... it would normally be at a 45 degree angle... so that means all the other stuff is going to be not-so-flat... Try to get this thing stuck in that airlock over there."
    Michael points to an airlock on one of the 45 degree angle sides. Try not to use the brakes.

A few of them look at you with a rather shocked expression.
    "It's the Forerunner!"
    "Need a lift?"
    "How'd he get here?"

Arra and Firebird Zoom like this.
  5. Jake9039

Jake9039 Pangalactic Porcupine

(If Jake hears) "Ethan, pilot the ship a little closer to the forerunner there, than resume position. Michael, Lucas, in a punch, use the warthog turrets recoil to turn midair."(If not, edit out the part about the forerunner)

6. Arra

Arra The End of Time

" Yes! I need a lift! I...well...was knocked unconscious mid flight! But i would love to tag along! "

Finally! Hamamune! He thanks the stars they didn't shoot him.

7. Jirky-Kake

Jirky-Kake Phantasmal Quasar

(Right-io~. Quick question: Can I change her primary color? I'm thinking about some shade of blue other than dark green—Whichever blue is not already taken.)
    Mie has her helmet off and held between her hand and hip. She looks over at everyone else at the airlock—if anyone is there—to make a head count of everyone who's boarding with her.

8. HunterC1998

He attempts to get the Warthog into it as slowly and gently as possible.

9. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

You end up landing with a bump. At least you've stopped. Michael climbs out of the Warthog, stepping on the hood, before he jumps down to the airlock.
    "Okay... seems we need a password... this thing seems a bit dated, so I'll have to try some of the older ones..."
    Michael starts typing into a keypad on the airlock.

((You probably didn't hear the Forerunner.))

"Got it. We're entering..."
    You hear the sound of metal striking metal.
    "Now."

((Sure. BY THE POWER OF A MAGICAL PAINT BUCKET!))

You have a small squad of four other Elites. They're equipped with some rather basic weapons. Storm Rifles and Carbines, along with their good old Energy Sword.

One of the marines waves you over to a tank.
    "That sounds... interesting."

10. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Vistar smiles, moving quickly over to the tank
    " It was! "

11. HunterC1998

Lukas just watches about, "I'll uhh...Let you do that..."

12. Jirky-Kake

(Danke. I don't think this color is taken.)
    Mie could've sworn there were more elites on the ship, but the five of them should be enough regardless. Perhaps she'd be fine by herself, but a few allies to cover your flank sure as hell beats taking a bullet. Besides, it's not like they'd be doing anything else if they weren't there to board the ship. "Alright, Swords. There are one or more of the Covenant in there are willing to help us located in the bridge, but if there is anyone with a weapon that are not in the bridge, do not hesitate to put them down. One other thing: the forerunner that was helping us may be helping the enemy now, but I don't think he's aware of what the covenant has done and what their goals are. I will try reasoning with him again, but if that fails, then you all know what to do..." She briefly pauses, disliking the idea herself, but can't let it compromise the mission. "They know we're coming, so prepare for a firefight right when we get in there. Just stay close and don't do anything stupid. Any questions, comments, concerns, complaints, regrets?"

13. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

[QUOTE="Jirky-Kake, post: 3145424, member: 655866"](Danke. I don't think this color is taken.)
    Mie could've sworn there were more elites on the ship, but the five of them should be enough regardless. Perhaps she'd be fine by herself, but a few allies to cover your flank sure as hell beats taking a bullet. Besides, it's not like they'd be doing anything else if they weren't there to board the ship. "Alright, Swords. There are one or more of the Covenant in there are willing to help us located in the bridge, but if there is anyone with a weapon that are not in the bridge, do not hesitate to put them down. One other thing: the forerunner that was helping us may be helping the enemy now, but I don't think he's aware of what the covenant has done and what their goals are. I will try reasoning with him again, but if that fails, then you all know what to do..." She briefly pauses, disliking the idea herself, but can't let it compromise the mission. "They know we're coming, so prepare for a firefight right when we get in there. Just stay close and don't do anything stupid. Any questions, comments, concerns, complaints, regrets?"[/QUOTE]

((You make me feel bad when I write a short little reply to something like THIS. Time to hold myself to higher standards. This doesn't mean stop posting stuff like this though. I just need to write more detailed replies.))

This certainly wasn't all of the Sangheli onboard, but it was all that seemed to be ready. Or willing. Probably the first option though, since most of the Swords would jump at an opportunity to kill some Covvies. Once you get to the part about the comments and regrets and whatnot, a few of them speak up.
    "I regret not doing this sooner."
    "I think we should forget about the regrets and focus on something more productive. Like how we'd win in a firefight."
    "I regret going with you..."
    "What was that?"
    It seems that you've passed the point of answering the question and are now on the path to having an argument on your hands. All you have to do to stop it would be to activate that panel for the airlock. Then you could get on with your day.

Michael keeps typing and the screen keeps blinking red.
    "Nope... nope... not that one... It's got to be coming up soon."
    Out of the corner of your eye, you spot something move down below. It doesn't seem like the kind of thing that would move in the wind. You'd be the one getting hit by wind, and even though you wouldn't feel it, you would still probably hear it.

"Okay then!"
    Once you're onboard, the Marine knocks on the side of the tank and you start to move.
    "Looks like we're off."
    You seem to be approaching the crashed ship. It's still a while away, but you're closer than you'd expected.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  14. Jake9039

Jake9039 Pangalactic Porcupine

Jake says, "drop team 2, get ready, but this can be a little while."

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  15. Jirky-Kake

(Haha. Don't worry, I don't mind. You've got other players to make responses to, so I understand. :avail:D:
    Quick question. What ranks are the other elites she's with and is Mie the highest ranking in the ship?)
    Regrets were the last thing she expected anyone to answer. She just slaps it on the end usually as a joke, but now her regret is making the rhetorical question. "Silence! The last thing I need is two or more of you bickering like the elderly women back home." She barked at them before pressing the airlock panel a bit harder than necessary. She looks to [this elite] and realizes she no longer has an energy dagger on her person, seeing that all her weapons were confiscated when put in the brig of the ship. "I need a blade. A dagger will suffice if either of you have one." She states while looking at the same elite, asking him more directly than anyone else.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  16. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Vistar checks his gear again, mumbling to himself slightly. He pops his neck in the process

17. HunterC1998

He turns and moves around and towards it, coming from the side.

18. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

You can't exactly move right now... you're kind of stuck... just a bit... and it seems like it's a Wraith. It DOESN'T seem to have noticed you... yet. Michael is still typing away at the keypad, completely oblivious to the range that you now seem to be in.

You have your Suppressor and Plasma Caster. (Did I get it right?) You also have a plasma grenade. The neck pop hurt a bit, but it felt really good after that. Guess your joints get all stiff after not using them for a while... a long while...

((MY STANDARDS ARE IMPROVING! Also the highest ranking Elite would probably be a commander or whatever the Covenant equivalent is.))

"You're in luck today. I prefer to fight with two swords. I'll manage with one though. Here."
    He tosses you the Energy Sword, which is just a hilt at the moment, and you catch it. The other airlock is currently closed, and you don't see any way to open it. You could either try to communicate with the bridge or blow it open... the second one sounds a bit more exciting... and dangerous. Everything seems to be going according to plan... for now. Let's see how long that lasts.

You hear a few marines shift around, waiting. You suddenly spot a Wraith down there. It doesn't seem to have noticed Michael and Lukas yet, but it's simply a matter of time. You can't really do anything about it either. Unless you want to vaporize both of them or risk the Marines in a 1000-1 gamble, you are just going to have to wait it out.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    Firebird Zoom likes this.
  19. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Vistar rubs his neck a bit, wincing. He looks back up

20. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

((*cough* tags *cough*))
    @HunterC1998
    @Jirky-Kake
    @Jake9039
    @Firebird Zoom
    @Jareix Cryvix
    Who'd I miss?

You've made it a lot further than you expected. Now you're only a few miles from the ship. It should only be a minute or so. Everyone around you seems to be getting ready for some kind of attack. It's a good thing you didn't come out to say hello now...