RELEASED Happy Animals 1.0

Discussion in 'Livestock' started by StarPeanut, Nov 5, 2016.

1. nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

You'd really just need to watch the TimeofDayChanged, if I'm understanding how it works correctly.

• alessandrouw

alessandrouw Void-Bound Voyager

Can I use this mod and later stop using it without problems or will it somehow be permanent on my save?

EDIT: Using the mod now, after a rainy day, the animals are sad (even being fed/pet). I think this is due to not being let out last day.

Is this expected?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
      • stephanreiken

stephanreiken Pangalactic Porcupine

What is wrong with the happiness normally?

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

It just says they're sad. I haven't noticed any drop in production after a rain day. Stopping the use of the mod shoukd not affect anything. The animals will go back to their usual buggy selves.

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

• alessandrouw

alessandrouw Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, the production seems just fine and their "happiness text" goes to super happy again if they go outside. Using the mod for a few in-game weeks now and my pigs are producing again. I've seen a couple rabbit's feet and sheeps seems to be giving wool regularly. Great work!

• TheRaven81

TheRaven81 Pangalactic Porcupine

If you have dinosaurs, you can't use this mod - because if you get them too happy to the point where they are at the "deluxe" product level, then they will stop producing eggs because there are no such things as deluxe quality dinosaur eggs.

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

The mod should add the deluxe produce entries for pigs, sheep and dinos. I've been using the mod for an ingame year now and my dino produces eggs.

• xFlesk

xFlesk Intergalactic Tourist

hello there
                  does this mod require SMAPI ?

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

It uses the latest version of SMAPI.

• TurnipStar

TurnipStar Big Damn Hero

Yay! I was so sad, because I had been looking forward to becoming a DINOSAUR RANCHER, only to read about how broken the happiness system was. Now I can have happy dinos that still produce!

I've installed a bunch of pretty cool aesthetic mods, but THIS is so practical and amazing. Thank you!

• nemui

nemui Space Hobo

Thank you so much for this mod! :)
                        I was really disheartened when i learned how bugged and inferior animals are in Stardew Valley (only started playing recently).
                        I'm still hoping for bug fixes and maybe even some rebalance of the happiness system and animals in general, but this should be a good fix for the time being.

• Little Lea

Little Lea Big Damn Hero

Just want to say thank you for this mod. Finally having progressed far enough to have multiple sad animals, only then realizing their unhappiness wasn't my fault! Until CA fixes things, I'll be treating your mod as a kind of unofficial patch. c:

• silversera

silversera Space Hobo

I just started playing the game recently and I had no idea why my cows were not profucing milk at all on some day, even when I petted and fed them, now I get it after reading the bug report thread, I was in the bad midle heaart zone, thanks alot for the fix, It's kinda of scary that 1.11 didn't fix this, especially after increasing annimals product price by 25%, if concernedape plan on makins animals viable than that bug should be a priority over balance changes.
                            well, thanks a lot for the hotfix, I just hope the mod won' t mark my saves for future content update

• Cpt Obvious1994

Cpt Obvious1994 Void-Bound Voyager

Is the player staying up past 6 included in the (255 - 2 * happinessDrain)?

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

The mod just overwrites happiness at the end of the day to be max value and adds deluxe entries for pigs, sheep and dinos. Doing it that way just bypasses all of the other buggy stuff ensuring your animals produce as if they were fully happy.

• GlassDeviant

GlassDeviant Tentacle Wrangler

So basically it's more of a cheat/hack than a fix/mod, always giving you "perfect" animal products (which is better than the unmodded, broken way). Plus it makes it impossible to make certain cooked recipes that are bugged and only accept normal (not large) milk. Hopefully the next version of SdV will have a proper fix or expose the API better.

• The Great Dr McJenkins

The Great Dr McJenkins Aquatic Astronaut

I installed this, but I can't bring up the steam overlay. Any thoughts?

Also: Do I still have to pet them before letting them out?

Also There was the trainer mod included with the zip file. Is it ok to delete that? Not sure what it does and I just wanted animals to not be broken, not change the game in other ways

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

The trainer mod comes with SMAPI. You can delete it. Petting animals is still necessary to bring or keep their friendship up.

• The Great Dr McJenkins

The Great Dr McJenkins Aquatic Astronaut

But you still don't need to pet them before you let them out right?