Having a lot of problems with this game

Discussion in 'W:R General Discussion' started by Mutant1988, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Mutant1988

Mutant1988 Void-Bound Voyager

Twice I've tried to play this and both times it has locked up. It doesn't crash, it keeps running but no input whatsoever seems to work. Apart from the chat key it seems, but you can't type anything. First time, this happened to the friend I was playing with, forcing him to terminate the game. Second time was in single player at the very end of the first story level and I had to shut the game down using the activity manager.

I would include a crash log, if there was one. The error log doesn't seem to contain anything of use. All it contains is 1284790 lines worth of:

ERROR in
    action number 1
    of Draw Event
    for object obj_skillsmenu_swordsman:

Error in code at line 3:

at position 22: Unknown variable score_bg​

Alternatively the same at position 5.

Also, no key to go backwards in in-game menus? Seriously?

• Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

Very strange.

Let's start by verifying game cache through Steam.

Can you list what files are in your local folder for us?

• Mutant1988

Root folder:

39dll.dll
        Cleanmem.dll
        game_errors.log
        gm7zip.dll
        steam_api.dll
        steam_gm.dll
        wanderlust.exe
        version.txt

Data folder:
        data.7z
        epi.wlr
        maps.wlr
        res.wlr

Will verify game files and try running the game and see if it locks up again.

Still locks up. I can't finish the first level of the single player story because it locks up on the last screen (After the player score tally).

Only keys that works is the chat key, the enter key (But only to close the chat) and the chat display key.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
        • Leth

Would you mind downloading our demo and trying to beat a chapter with it?

http://www.wanderlustgame.com/play.php

This would tell us if it's a Steam-Only issue, and we can go from there.

• Mutant1988

Downloaded the demo, created a new user and a new character and then can't get past the character name entry - "Character already exists" is says whenever I try to enter a name.

Checked the character folder, all the character names I've put in has been saved as characters. So I remove all but the first on and restart the game. But I can't select the profile and start the game, pressing the enter/use key does nothing.

Started from wanderlust.exe, created yet another new profile and this time name input worked and it actually let me start the game. So I played through the tutorial and as before I've had to quit the game to end the tutorial because iut doesn't end and there's no quit session option.

So I restart the game, play through the first level and still I can't get past the very last screen.

Can'tEndLevel.png I've pressed every key on the keyboard and every key on my controller. The D-pad buttons, the chat key, the display chat key and enter (But only to close the chat) are the only keys that work.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
            • Leth

Are you using the Xbox 360 Controller? It sounds like this may be a controller issue.

Try hitting F1 to disable your controller and play using the keyboard, instead.

• Mutant1988

I'm not using the Xbox 360 controller.

Playing using the keyboard seems to work. It is bizarre though that the controller would stop working at that exact point.

• Leth

I don't understand what's happening, honestly. lol