1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Help! So hopeless :(

Discussion in 'Support' started by Cherrish, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Cherrish

Cherrish Space Hobo

Hi guys! I can't seem to load my best saved game Everytime I try to load it goes back to the title. (Playing it on Steam) Do you guys know if there's still a chance to fix it? Tried starting a new game and it saved and load without problems. My old one is the best one cause i'm already married there and a lot of quests are finished. I'm so sad right now about it

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

We might be able to fix it. It all depends on what the problem is, and how much of the save data remains.
      If you want to zip up the affected save folder, and, upload it here. I'll take a look.

The file locations:
      Windows: %AppData%\StardewValley\Saves\
      OSX: ~/.config/StardewValley/Saves
      Linux: ~/.config/StardewValley/Saves/

• Cherrish

Cherrish Space Hobo

Thank you so much for replying! :)

Here it is attached! Really hope it can be fixed :( Can't sleep well because of it!

• Cherrish

Cherrish Space Hobo

Sorry, I think it's taking a lot of time to upload the file. Can I send it to you somewhere besides this forum?

• MysticTempest

That's alright. You can try uploading it to http://www.tinyupload.com/
            And then send me the link it generates for your file:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
            • Cherrish

Cherrish Space Hobo

Here it is! I finally upload it here. Hope you could help me. Big thanks!

Attached Files:

MysticTempest likes this.
              • Cherrish

Cherrish Space Hobo

Btw, tell me if I uploaded the correct character, cause the other one with the same name in my file is just a new one for trial. (I'm so stupip putting the same lol) The old one, my best saved had almost 70 hrs playing time spent already.

• Cherrish

Cherrish Space Hobo

Anyway,maybe this is the correct file I was referring to... Sorry got confused with my file names.Please check them out.

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

Heh, you had it correct the first time. :)

I just took a look, and it appears that your save was missing about 2/3 of its data. But, the backup that the game creates of the previous day was still good.
                    So, I rolled you back one day, and it's now playable again.
                    But, let me know if you have any further issues.

Attached Files:

• Cherrish

Cherrish Space Hobo

Really? You are awesome!!! Thanks! How can I play it again tho? Should I copy this file instead of the previous one? Sorry I'm bad at this. lol

• MysticTempest

Yea, no prob! Just delete the old 'Cherrish_158567362' folder first, and then extract the one I sent to you into the Saves folder.

• Cherrish

Cherrish Space Hobo

Omg! Thank you! It worked now after copying and restarting my laptop! I's so happy!!! Yay! I can finally breathe! lol You're amazing friend!

MysticTempest likes this.