Chat Hels Chatroom III: We've been to Helen back!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hel, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

I just said I don't even know if she IS my girl, so is it wise to pounce at her with those questions? It has been barely a week...
    But what would "it" be? That's my question. I'm not bothered with the secrecy, to be honest.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  2. I'm not familiar with your situation, so take my words with a grain of salt. I don't think there is anything wrong with asking for clarification. Just choose your words wisely. Only you will know whats best.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  3. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Ok, I'm back, what'd I miss?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  4. BloodyFingers

She is 100% japanese, born and raised. This is not your typical western couple. If it were someone from Brazil I wouldn't think twice about skinship or even plain old making out, but this is very different. And we've only known each other for a couple of weeks.

And neither of us is staying in Vancouver for long, so I don't think this have any long term future.

Jimlad 42 and Waffle-Chan like this.
  5. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

This may just be my opinion, but I'd say nice 'n easy. Take it slow, you have the time, and she deserves her time as well. Be sure of your own feelings and it'll come naturally.

6. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

THE SPICE!

Yeah, I think to solve this situation we need some more people

I summon @Surenu, @MilkCalf, @BigEaredKittens, and @Charlatan !

I agree, time is an important factor.

Jimlad 42 and Surenu like this.
  7. BloodyFingers

I agree. I'm fine with giving Yuki all the time she needs. Well, all the time we have left here anyways.

Thing is, it seems I secrete a special pheromone when I am with someone, which makes other girls take an unusual interest in this piece of high tech.

Jimlad 42, MilkCalf and Surenu like this.
  8. I don't see what her being Japanese has any merit in this decision. I've met a lot of Korean girls, and while there are cultural differences, I don't think that is a deal breaker even if it isn't your typical western couple. Just have confidence, and take your time. As far as I can tell there doesn't seem to be any hurry to have this kind of conversation with her as of right now.

Jimlad 42 and MilkCalf like this.
  9. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

I am very confused, why don't you guys do long distance?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  10. BloodyFingers

because that doesn't work?

11. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Yeah, good point...

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  12. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

Keep an eyeglass on here and let time tell. I think it's too early to tell. Transient woman or not.

Then again, you've also got me really confused, so I might be missing the point...

13. Sorry mate, I should have clarified. That is not what I meant myself. I just mean that cutural differences can be daunting but not impossible. But it is as I said, if you feel like it will not go anywhere, there is no reason to feel like you're tied down.

Jimlad 42, MilkCalf and BloodyFingers like this.
  14. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Ditto

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  15. BloodyFingers

Ok, I'll try to be as clear as I can.

So, one week ago this japanese girl I met here at the english school and I became kind of close. I can't really be more specific about that because I don't know exactly what that means myself (when I said I had a japanese gf a few days ago, I might've been overreacting), and I don't feel that forcing the issue with her is a good idea.

This week, a new student started her english course here, and she is my classmate too. Thing is, she is rather cute. And interesting. And is asking me some very personal questions. And I am not sure about what I should do here.

There. Can't be any clearer than that because I am missing some key information myself.
    -edit-
    Does this look like I am bragging? I am not, I swear. I might be terribly misunderstanding the circunstances, but I am not stroking my ego. I am really not used to this kind of attention...
    yeah, I get what you mean. And for what it's worth, the second girl is german so there is a cultural difference regardless.

And I deleted that post because Tapatalk showed me a double post. But like a fricking M. Night Shyamalan script, it was the same post all along!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  16. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Take it from someone of the same cultural background as hers: She either has the hots for ya or has a friend who does.

Jimlad 42 and BloodyFingers like this.
  17. BloodyFingers

Well, she hasn't asked how's my undercarriage so far. If she does, I might as well just show, not tell. :rofl:

NO! BAD ROBOT! BAD!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    Jimlad 42, KookyKeronian and Surenu like this.
  18. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

From the information you've provided; the japanese lady sounds like a transient that requires work, but could be worth it depending on what you're looknig for. The german sounds like a trickster and I wouldn't trust her for a while. I'd likely put her through the trials to make sure she's not up to something.

I got my biases and all that,but as a non-westerner, how I was taught it's supposed to be is; skinship and making out off the bat are forbidden. It takes years to build up the trust for that type of thing, while you get to know somebody, supposedly. I mena, in a relationship that's your choice that is. If it's and arranged marriage between two children as couple or young two adults as couple, love is supposed to come later and is supposedly the truest love so I've been told. rarely do these couples fight, tho I don't really believe that.

Granted, I'm not japanese and the ethnic group I am actually a part of is rather ghetto and is infested with domestic violence enough to cause us protests. Noting my own warped sense of proper relationships, my words here are probably not the most useful to you, I'm guessing.

TLDR, I'd leave the door open a bit for either one of them.

19. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

This, basically. It's not like you're in a stage that requires commitment with either of 'em.

Jimlad 42 and BigEaredKittens like this.
  20. BloodyFingers

Kittens, you're not nearly as much appreciated irl as you should be, it seems.

Thanks. For now, I'll just adopt a wait and see approach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.