House ColdHearth and The WhiteWolves

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by CondescendedWow, Jun 17, 2016.

1. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

Chronicles of Elyria, if you've not heard of it yet I suggest searching it up, the game is incredibly hype and I suggest you join me in this adventure.
    Link to the game's KickStarter

If you're interested you can join my chapter of Knights, the WhiteWolves. If you're interested and one of my closer friends on ChuckleFish you could even join my Noble House, House ColdHearth.

Now that the general summary is over, let's take a more in-depth look of these two groups I offer to you.
    (Groups are also small communities of people that either joined from other groups or otherwise, technically these are guilds)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

House ColdHearth
    Patriarch/Ruling Head: Count Brodric ColdHearth
    House Hometown: FreeHearth in the County of Skyrlund
    Sworn bannermen of House Bombastus and the Duchy of Zylphania

House History:

A long long time ago, when the land of the North was unsettled, a woman traveled North to escape the brutality and suffering of the South as the era of prejudice and pain was in full swing. This woman was Lady Gwyneth I. Not much is known of the Lady's past, although it is clear she lived within the Duchy her whole life. When the Lady first entered the vast expanse of the North she presumably ran into tribesmen of some sort and found a lover as she soon became pregnant with multiple children.

Shortly after, her newfound home was pillaged by a group of wildmen, wildmen who butchered her new friends and family alike. The Lady was fast though, far too fast for a pregnant woman to be running, alas she managed to escape them. Sadly she knew they would be able to track her in the snow. So she hid, and she hid until the snow began to fall as to cover her tracks. While she was wandering off into the wild she found a small cabin. Certainly this cabin must've been attacked by those same wildmen as the building did not appear that decrepit. And so the Lady believed it be best to hide inside of the now cold hearth.

This decision proved to pay off as one day into her concealment she heard some unknown language being spoken outside of the cabin. Although, only speculation says the Lady is said to have sworn that the men sounded awfully similar to those that yelled their war cries when her camp had been attacked. The Lady probably could have left the hearth after that night. She figured the wildmen had camped not too far from the cabin so she had stayed an extra night in the hearth until she had known for sure.

After the Lady crawled outside and into the world again she found herself oddly determined to stop running and to make a stand. She decided to restore the old cabin and make her home here. Some time after her work on the house had been finished she started to receive many persons who were also assaulted by the very same raiders. Many in dire need of medical aid, food or shelter. The Lady knowing all too well the harshness of the cold and the terrifying effects of solitude welcomed them all into her and now their newfound home.

The Lady took great care in ensuring all of her new friends were well taken care of and happy. Many stories were told around the great hearth including this very one, and soon the survivors had learned quite a good deal of their host. Some months down the line the Lady was nearing childbirth and everyone was quite excited to see the children (It is said that the Lady's belly was so large that they all knew it had to be more than one child).

Unfortunately, one night the Lady was having a great deal of pain and assumed that she was now entering labor. As the hearth was considered a safe place of her's she slowly made her way towards it and laid down beside it. The residents weren't quite sure what to do, none of them had ever witnessed labor before. As the night drew longer the contractions got worse and worse until the Lady's face was similar to that of a strawberry. Even though none of them had experience they knew something was wrong.

The Lady should not be in this much pain they thought. The Lady being quite the quick minded one herself also realized that something was wrong. Horrified at the potential loss of her children, the children that gave her hope and determination to survive all those months ago. She could not bear the idea of it. So she asked her most trusted friend to do the unspeakable. She asked her friend to cut her belly open if she were to die. Reluctantly, her friend agreed to do so should it come to that.

Shortly after that promise was made though, the once vibrant spark of life left the Lady's eyes. Her distraught friend was bawling like an infant, but was quickly reminded of her duty. So, she cut open her savior, her host and her friend all to save her children. The children who would go on to found not only House ColdHearth, but also the County of Skyrlund.

That morning was indeed, the dawn of a new day.

Focus:
    House ColdHearth has a deep seated ambition to improve upon what once was. The Lords of ColdHearth will seek to expand and innovate in every sector of the realm. Although they are probably best known for their strides in military and economic leadership.

The Nobility of ColdHearth have often been referred to as the Lords of Snow by the common people of the world as in comparison to the rest of the land they would appear to be living in perpetual winter and frost. As some of the most Northern rulers they are employed with defending the world's Northern borders and the far more luxurious task of facilitating trade throughout the vast Northern wilderness. As such they have created a strong economic base considering the arguably poor land they control.

Values:
    Due to the harsh climate the nobility of ColdHearth are less pampered than their Southern friends and have formed a strong hunter mentality that they use with fantastic efficiency. Whether leading troops on the battlefield or brokering a trade deal in the great halls of another Lord, the men and women of House ColdHearth have a determination like none other. However their brutish nature does not equate that they are without empathy. The Lords of House ColdHearth are reknown for their hospitality and thirst for justice & equality.

Motto:
    "Open hearts, open doors."

Hometown:

FreeHearth - Situated deep within the boreal forests of the North, FreeHearth is built on a shallow steppe in the rolling hills of the great Northern forests. The town first came into being when Lady Gywneth's guests decided to stay and raise her children in gratitude of her hospitality. The town was thereafter named FreeHearth by its citizens in recollection of the original Hearth being free to use and open to all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    About: The WhiteWolves chapter

Values: The WhiteWolves are a very new chapter, made by the brother of Count Brodric ColdHearth, Ser Lachlan ColdHearth.
    Lachlan has always been one to love the people, and find the best in others. The values of the WhiteWolves are to help those in need, and do their best to help improve on the government and status of the County. When not doing either of those two the Chapter should find themselves exploring the land, conquering dungeons and making the lands safer for those travelling it.

Motto:
    "The eternal and just."

Leader: Ser Lachlan ColdHearth of the WhiteWolves

Armour(optional): Light grey armour with sharp, straight edges. Some chainmail. Light yellow accents and ColdHearth sigil on shield.

Current Members:
    -Ser Lachlan ColdHearth, @quitaren12
    -(Character name TBD), @Firepaw Da Cat

Disclaimer: This is a group for those who plan on getting the Chronicles of Elyria game, if you do not plan on getting the game/cannot get the game, then please say so, so I can label you in the members list as an honourary member for RP or conversation.

The Land: Skyrlund

County of Skyrlund
    House ColdHearth: "Open hearts, Open doors"

County Information:

Population Centers:

• FreeHearth (County Capital)

Looking for Barons and Mayors!

Council Members:
    Chancellor: Assigned (Character name TBD)
    Marshal at Arms: Brantley Ferrok
    Steward: Currently Vacant
    Spymaster: Currently Vacant
    Court Chaplain: Currently Vacant

Description of each council position
    Chancellor:
    Tasked with handling diplomatic offers of all kinds as well as managing relations with other Nobles of the Duchy and beyond.
    Marshal at Arms:
    Tasked with training the personal retinue of the Count and leading the men in battle alongside the Count.
    Steward:
    Tasked with the growth of both trade and the internal economy of the County.
    Spymaster:
    Tasked with leading the subterfuge of the realm and foiling the plots of others.
    Court Chaplain(For lack of a better term):
    Tasked with leading ceremonial and religious observances within the Court and providing the God's opinion of worldly matters.

County Specialization/ Reputation:

• Northern trade monopoly
    • Excellent guerrilla warfare history
    • Rugged & well trained troops

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    Arra and Firepaw Da Cat like this.
  2. Arra

Arra The End of Time

OHMIGOSH THIS IS THE GAME I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR/WANTING!

CondescendedWow likes this.
  3. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAH EXACTLY, MANY HYPES.

Arra likes this.
  4. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

I've sern the game on Steam Greenlight and I'm super hyped. If I end up buying it (my parents wouldn't like it of I bought something too pricy right now) I'll atlest be your ally and if I have the time I could join your knights too.