1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

how do i switch the avian ship the Kazdra get for a novakid train?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ramones_fan, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

Switch the avian ship the Kazdra get for a novakid train?
    using workshop version of the mod so i can't just swap it out in the mod files and delete shipworld and let it reset to the new one and swapping in a novakid ship by swapping shipworld file name didn't work.

2. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Assuming this is pre-starting of a character: well, you'll either have to download/make a patch that redirects the mod's files regarding the shipworld to the files of the novakid train, or you'll have to manually edit the files for the Kazdra. You can do this by finding which of the folders in your Steam\steamapps\workshop\content folder (found in your program files folder, at least on windows) corresponds to Starbound (which is to say, find the ones whose subfolders contain .pak files), then somehow finding which of the mods in that Starbound workshop folder corresponds to the Kazdra mod, then using the unpacker (http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/how-to-successfully-pack-and-unpack-pak-files.66649/) to unpack the .pak file corresponding to the Kazdra, and then redirecting the mods files regarding the shipworld as before.
    Regarding post-startinf of a character: nope, not possible, as far as I know. You might be able to do something by applying the above method to a new character and copypasting that character's ship file and renaming it so it replaces the ship world of the old character, but I'd be careful with that.

3. Ramones_fan

thank you. for the information, i can try fixing the pak and leaving nothing on the ship, closing the game, and deleting the shipworld and .bak files. then restarting the ship or i can just get a B.Y.O.S. ship and shape it how i want to.

the second is much easier.

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I've edited the title to make it clearer what the thread is about. If you're going to ask a question in the thread title, don't leave out the critical information.

5. Ramones_fan

okay, thank you.