Modding Help How to fix mods broken in Stardew Valley 1.2

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Apr 12, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@johnnyhope Did the game freeze before that log was generated? Try it again, but this time let it run for 5–10 minutes after it freezes before posting the log file. (Eventually something may timeout, so we can see what's taking so long.)

• johnnyhope

johnnyhope Intergalactic Tourist

When I run the game with GetDressed, it was frozen for like 5 mins. And after waiting for a while, I can load the game menu again! LOL. I quit and run the game again, and this time I can load the game menu without any wait. So I guess problem solved?

• Weirdman3214

Weirdman3214 Void-Bound Voyager

"Better Sprinklers 2.3.1-pathoschild-update" seems to not be working with the latest version of SMAPI (1.14) and "Better Sprinklers 2.3.1-pathoschild-update.2" appears to be suffering from a glitch where changing the configuration of the sprinklers after configuring them once will multiply the materials needed to craft it again, rather than the required materials scaling.

• SheepMilks

SheepMilks Phantasmal Quasar

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

I posted a new version that fixes that issue. Thanks for pointing it out. :)

• lapineony

lapineony Space Hobo

Hello! I hope these are still open. I recently looked into some mods and couldn't get them to work(my game is on the most recent version, 1.2.3). Was wondering if you could take a look? Thank you soso much if you do! (I hope I'm not repeating requests or something)
            Goats into deer - http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/502/?
            Floral Fences - http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/911/?
            Flower grass - http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/816/?
            Fairy buildings - http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/494/?
            Eevee design - http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewval...age=1&sort=DESC&pid=0&thread_id=4644505&pUp=1
            Classy interior - http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewval...age=1&sort=DESC&pid=0&thread_id=5298240&pUp=1
            Again, thanks so much if it's still a possibility!

• senlim

senlim Subatomic Cosmonaut

Found a bug (may not be new) on "Calendar Anywhere".
              As you exit any house (change place), click calendar and it will crash to desktop.

Crash log:
              https://pastebin.com/Cq5040qG

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Yep, I'll keep helping here for a while. :)

Unfortunately I can't update XNB mods. You can let their authors know, or ask for help in their discussion threads.

Can you report it in the Calendar Anywhere support thread? That mod isn't actively maintained anymore so I'm not sure when it'll be fixed, but it'll be easier to find the bug for the next release there.

• lapineony

lapineony Space Hobo

Me again, I got them to work actually:) But I did run into some other problems. Maybe I'm just bad with mods that do anything other than change appearances, who knows. For the better sprinkles, how do i edit the sprinkles? I tried pressing K as mentioned in og posting, nothing happens.
                  With a mod I have for no fence decay, I still have some fences breaking down ( http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewval...om/stardewvalley/ajax/modfiles/?id=1180&pUp=1 )
                  I'm really thinking I did something wrong when installing them even though it follows instructions on other posts.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@lapineony It's probably an easy fix, but I'll need more information. Try this:
                    1. Try to use Better Sprinklers again (so the details are in the log).
                    2. Find your latest SMAPI log file.
                    3. Post the file to pastebin and reply here with a link to it.

• kners

kners Subatomic Cosmonaut

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@kners It should be an easy fix, and the mod is open-source. I'll create an unofficial update and pull request soon. :)

kners likes this.
                      • mio36

mio36 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is there any assistance with this? I understand that the yellow text could be fixed via SMAPI update. As for the red text it only seemed to happen after I updates to SMAPI v8 and then SMAPI v14

As for my mods I've recently updated them via this forum and checking nexus.

Attached Files:

• MiguelBayma

MiguelBayma Void-Bound Voyager

@Pathoschild

Forget it, it's working again. Sorry and thanks.

• ayao

ayao Void-Bound Voyager

@Pathoschild I can't get the Skill Prestige Mod menu to open up with the controller it says it have gamepad support but it doesn't work on my xbox360 controller.

I also try to look for config files to see if i can map it but i cant find anything related to the gamepad config anywhere.

Also went ingame to be able to move the cursor with the thumbsticks on the controller trying to select the prestige icon but that does nothing aswell i need help. :confused:

• nikokaruki

nikokaruki Big Damn Hero

Loved Labels generates an error with SMAPI 1.41 Is there a way to fix it?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

I suggest asking in the Serializer Replacing Utility thread, since that mod seems to be causing your error. I'm not sure if any of your mods use it, though; you may be able to just remove it instead.

The Skill Prestige thread is the best place to ask. I only fixed it to work with Stardew Valley 1.2. :)

Can you post your latest SMAPI log after the error happens?

• nikokaruki

nikokaruki Big Damn Hero

There is a possibility of breaking in the future.
                                  I am premature and still I am in a state where Loved Labels can be used

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@nikokaruki You can ignore those warnings for now; the mod will work fine until SMAPI 2.0, and I'll help update mods before 2.0 is released.

• nikokaruki

nikokaruki Big Damn Hero

ありがとうございました。Pathoschild

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.