Modding Help How to fix mods broken in Stardew Valley 1.2

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Apr 12, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zatel

zatel Aquatic Astronaut

How does one update a mod? I don't want to bombard you with requests so I'd like to know if it's something anyone can do.

• lambee

lambee Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello.I just saw the 4.0 TractorMod on your github page.

BUT I cant find the release.
      It seems not released yet? IF not, please ignore this.

Thanks.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thanks, I corrected its entry in the list. I'll look into preparing an unofficial update for it soon.

Thanks, I added it to the list. Unfortunately I can't update those since they're not open-source.

Most SMAPI mods should work fine, so you just need to install their latest versions. If the latest version of a mod is broken, you generally need to update its code and recompile the .dll file. See Modding:Index if you're interested in learning to create or edit mods.

TractorMod 4.0 isn't released yet, but the previous TractorMod 3.2.1 should work fine. All that's left to finish 4.0 is redrawing the tractor sprite since that's not open-source, but I'll need to find someone who can do pixel art for that. :)

I'm guessing SMAPI isn't loading mods from the same place you're installing them. Come chat in #modding on Discord and we'll help you figure it out.

• BBBBBB

BBBBBB Space Hobo

Hello, my "get dressed" mod doesn't work. My SMAPI is the latest version. It says a character is invalid, something like that. Do you have idea what does that mean? I'll attach a picture of the error information.

Attached Files:

• zanderb22

zanderb22 Title Not Found

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @zanderb22. You need to open the code in Visual Studio (or MonoDevelop on Linux), make your changes, and recompile the mod. I suggest creating the tutorial SMAPI mod first to get an intro to how SMAPI mods work. Modding:Index has other modding info that might help.

Here's the code for Extended Minecarts. Note that some files like manifest.json are missing (so you'll need to add them from the release download), and Entoarox's mods are unlicensed (so you can't redistribute your changes). He might accept a pull request to add your changes to the original mod, though.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@BBBBBB It looks like GetDressed can't read one of your save files. Try checking whether one of your saves is broken, and fix or remove it if so.

• zanderb22

zanderb22 Title Not Found

My friend who is really good at programming said he cant understand how to change the mod (i gave him the link you send me) he says all his mods are in 1 project and it has its own framework and he needs to learn first how that works
                That sounds way to difficult to me so i doubt i will ever be able to edit it.
                Im making an farm map and would like to put a new minecart location in a cave. Do you know if thats possible ?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@zanderb22 Yep, I think Extended Minecarts can put a minecart in any location. You could ask in the mod thread whether Entoarox could add support for configurable locations.

• BBBBBB

BBBBBB Space Hobo

Thanks, I'll try.

• MajorFusion

MajorFusion Space Hobo

Concerning Get Dressed, I am having an odd issue. Everything loads up fine, SMAPI says everything is well, however, in game, when I go to change any of the additional features, i.e. nose, face, etc, things go wrong.

The selection seems to cycle incredibly fast through the options as well as not actually applying anything in the process. Changing face, nose, etc does nothing to my actual character.
                      I have taken all mods out, verified all files through steam and left only Get Dressed installed to no avail. These issues occur with already existing save files or brand new ones.

I am on Linux if that should make any noticeable difference.

EDIT:
                      I should also note that no dresser ever appears in previous saves or new games.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• MajorFusion

MajorFusion Space Hobo

I have done so, thanks! I started digging through that thread shortly after posting.

Edit After Resolving Issue on Discord:
                        Alright, so, if anyone else is running an uncommon Distro of Linux that uses it's own package manager (*cough* Solus *cough*), attempt to install libgdiplus-devel through your package manager. That is what was causing my issues.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
                        • Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

I found the Github's for @DEMIACLE 's UiModSuite and QualityOfLifeMods. They both appear to be open-source (at least I think so).

Another update is that there is a current mod called Ui Info Suite that is being maintained and provides the same functions as UiModSuite and was created when the original one stopped being updated. This is a potential workaround for those using UiModSuite.

• MageTabby

MageTabby Scruffy Nerf-Herder

is there any way to update more pets currently??

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Xuomi Thanks! I marked Ui Info Suite as an alternative to UiModSuite, and added QualityOfLife to the list of mods to update.

@MageTabby More Pets should already be updated. If you're having trouble with the mod, post a message in the More Pets support thread. Make sure to attach your latest SMAPI log too.

• Bubblebeam

Bubblebeam Phantasmal Quasar

I'm getting a strange bug occurring and I have a hunch it's caused by the better sprinklers mod. This is what I've been noticing.

1. Keep coming across single dead plants out of the blue, either when I've planted them or while they're fully grown. I'll just suddenly find them wilted.
                                2. Randomly I'll find single pieces of flooring not 'set' on the floor so it floats to me and I have to replace it.
                                3. I keep finding the sprinklers aren't working in the morning (this is why I'm thinking it's this mod?)

For now I'm taking out the mod and seeing if these issues still continue, but if not what should I do? Nothing red shows up in SMAPI, at least I don't think.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @Bubblebeam. To address each point:
                                  1. Plants will generally wilt if (a) the season changes and they don't grow in the new season, or (b) they're struck by lightning during a storm. I don't think the Better Sprinklers mod can make plants wilt, since it only sets their watered flag.
                                  2. I'm not sure would cause the flooring to pop out, unless you accidentally hit it with a tool. I don't think Better Sprinklers could be doing that either.
                                  3. Make sure you're using the latest unofficial update (2.3.1-pathoschild-update.3), which should fix the sprinklers not working on some mornings.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

Flooring struck by lightning will also come loose. I've had it happen to me plenty of times before having lightning rods.

It's also possible for the flooring to come loose over time if terrain causes it to, like grass. I've also had that happen to me in the past.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
                                    • MageTabby

MageTabby Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.