Modding Help How to fix mods broken in Stardew Valley 1.2

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Apr 12, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Junesong

Junesong Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Pathoschild Awesomejuice :D Thank you so much for all your hard work and dedication! You're really going above and beyond for the community to assure the continuation of mod usage and that's really amazing. Thank you so so much!

zeemoliu and Pathoschild like this.
    • notgoodenough11

notgoodenough11 Space Hobo

Oh is he asking the creator of the mod to update it? Nevermind I think I understand. I can't use the mod until the original maker of the mod updates it.

• notgoodenough11

can somebody please just tell me whether it's possible at all by any method to get a prairie king invincibility mod? I've been looking all over the internet and can't find anything and I just want to know if it's worth looking for. a yes or no will do just fine.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@notgoodenough11 There's a link to a mod in the first post that does what you're requesting. Just click the download link.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

That mod uses an old approach that's strongly discouraged, since it breaks saves if you remove the mod later. The upcoming SMAPI 2.0 has some new APIs that make this much easier to do. Come chat in #modding on Discord if you'd like to discuss your ideas; new modders are always welcome. :)

Thanks for reporting it; I added it to the list for SMAPI 2.0. You can try Sprint and Dash Redux instead, which should work with both SMAPI 1.15 and 2.0.

Unfortunately not. The mod is broken, and it's not open-source so I can't update it.

• notgoodenough11

thanks for the reply but I've tried that and it still doesn't work. It's still saying it needs an update for SV 1.2 in order for it to work :///

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• notgoodenough11

I originally had problems with a "system.unauthorizedaccessexception" but I was able to fix that by reinstalling SMAPI and replacing the existing files. However the SMAPI error log now says that I don't have a manifest even though it does have a manifest.

[20:41:57 ERROR SMAPI] Skipped 1 mods:
                [20:41:57 ERROR SMAPI] sv-mod-prairie-king-master because it doesn't have a manifest.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@notgoodenough11 You downloaded the source code, but you need the compiled release. In the first post of this thread, click this link to download it:
                  upload_2017-8-3_12-57-36.png

(If you already downloaded that one, make sure you don't have multiple copies of the mod in your Mods folder. That error may be about another copy you added.)

• randomssaa

randomssaa Void-Bound Voyager

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @randomssaa. That one isn't a SMAPI mod. Make sure you follow the mod's install instructions (it doesn't go under Mods), and try posting a comment on the mod's Nexus page if you need help.

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Hey guys, I can't load my save file because I keep getting redirected to the loading screen.
                      This problem started today, but it's not the first time I've had this bug. It was previously resolved with SMAPI's updates, so I tried downgrading to SMAPI 1.15, but the issue persists :\

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Karmylla Does the crash happen if you remove Entoarox Framework (and the mods that use it like Advanced Location Loader and XNB Loader)?

Entoarox Framework replaces SMAPI's content manager with its own version, and the crash is happening in that custom content manager. Entoarox plans to change that in the upcoming Entoarox Framework 2.0.

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Yeah, it doesn't! I guess I'll just wait for Entoarox to update, thank you for the help!

• Priskila

Priskila Space Hobo

Hi, @Pathoschild SMAPI 1.15.1 is no longer work for my Stardew Valley
                            i don't know what series the stardew valley that i downloaded from this link >> -redacted-
                            how do i fix it so it can be work?

• (User has been banned. Reason: Linking pirated material.)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2017
                          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @Priskila. You have Stardew Valley 1.03, but you'll need the latest version (at least 1.2.30) to use SMAPI.

• Priskila

Priskila Space Hobo

ahh thankyou for answering
                              is it possible if i use data from stadew valley 1.03 for the latest ver?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Yep, your saves will work fine if you install a newer version. They're stored separately, but you can back them up if you want to be sure.

Priskila likes this.
                                • Priskila

Priskila Space Hobo

glad to know it :rofl:
                                  and do you know where i can download a newer ver for free?
                                  sorry for asking too much

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

You can buy the game on GOG or on Steam; there's no legal free version.

Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.