1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Hyperspace_end.ogg still refuses to play

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Xylia, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I've finally found it in sky.config, and the file is indeed set up to play Hyperspace_end.ogg as you come out of Hyperspace, but... the file just simply does not play.

The actual .ogg exists in sfx\interface, sky.config is telling the game to play it at hyperspace end, and the hyperspace start .ogg will play, but hyperspace end will not.

Code:
      "engineAudio" : "/sfx/interface/ship_thrusters.ogg",
      "hyperspaceAudio" : "/sfx/interface/hyperspace_loop.ogg",
      "enterHyperspaceAudio" : "/sfx/interface/hyperspace_start.ogg",
      "exitHyperspaceAudio" : "/sfx/interface/hyperspace_end.ogg",
      "arrivalAudio" : "/sfx/interface/thruster_off.ogg",
    start plays, end does not.

What's even funnier is that there's a hyperspace_shortend.ogg and that's not even mentioned anywhere!

I've tried extending the flight time, thinking that maybe the game cuts hyperspace short, but I extended it to 45 seconds and it still doesn't play.

But yet, it WILL play if you start a new character and Skip Intro Mission, but only that once as it searches for a starter planet to dump you on.

This has been a bug since Koala days, and it would be really nice to get our hyperspace power down sound back.

Trek47, Syfe_Fireshard and Ankali like this.
  2. HybridAir

HybridAir Void-Bound Voyager

I can also confirm that this bug still exists, and it has for as long as I can remember. Playing the WIndows 64-bit version.

Ankali likes this.
  3. Littleman9Mew2

Littleman9Mew2 Zero Gravity Genie

I think the only instance it ever plays is joining a server for the first time as the ship comes out of hyperspace.
    Either way, can confirm that doesn't play either.

Ankali likes this.
  4. Syfe_Fireshard

Syfe_Fireshard Pangalactic Porcupine

i question if its a lag issue, but sadly i cant confirm that.. really hope this gets addressed in the new space exploration update.. that may be why it hasn't been fixed recently and they might have plans for it being fixed that way. speculation, of course.

5. Tlactl

Tlactl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Playing it on a Mac, it doesn't play for me either unless I join a server for the first time.