Ideas for Recipes, Crops, and More!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dwarfus, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Dwarfus

Dwarfus Big Damn Hero

Does it bother anyone else that there is but one lonely dish in the second recipe tab? Wouldn't it be lovely if we could replace some of the Queen of Sauce reruns with new recipes or buy more from Gus? Wouldn't some new crops be great, too? I know I have ideas!

Crops!

- Carrots; Spring crop, can occasionally yield two in one harvest (like potatoes). Interestingly, there appears to be carrots in the graphic for the Spring Crops Bundle, despite carrots not currently being a crop in the game.
    - Peanuts; Spring crop, continuously producing, yields three peanuts per harvest (similarly to blueberries). Can be put in preserves jars to make a new artisan good, peanut butter!
    - Broccoli; Spring and Fall crop, only produces one per harvest. This is an unusual crop because it grows in Spring and Fall and could possibly have a Livin' Off the Land segment.
    - Okra; Summer crop, continuously producing, yields one per harvest (like green beans).
    - Cucumbers; Summer crop, can occasionally yield two in one harvest (like potatoes). Put in preserves jars to make traditional pickles!

Recipes!

- Cornbread; ingredients consist of one ear of corn and wheat flour. It's surprising that these people in the country have never heard of cornbread.
    - Grits; takes just one ear of corn. Another country dish I'm surprised these people have never heard of.
    - Fried okra; requires one okra and oil. Another country staple.
    - Fried pickles; requires pickles and oil. Another popular country appetizer.
    - Onion rings; takes one spring onion and oil. A very popular side dish.
    - Boiled peanuts; requires three peanuts. Mmm!
    - Cheese broccoli; takes one broccoli and cheese. Similar to cheese cauliflower, a popular dish.
    - Broccoli casserole; requires one broccoli, one egg, mayonnaise, and cheese. A very filling dish that restores a lot of health and energy.
    - Carrot cake; ingredients consist of one carrot, one egg, sugar, and wheat flower. Yum!
    - Mashed potatoes; only takes one potato. I can't believe we have potatoes in the game but cannot make mashed potatoes.
    - Peanut butter and jelly; requires peanut butter, jelly, and bread. A classic!

More!

- Put potatoes in a keg to make vodka!
    - Put coconuts in a keg to make rum!
    - Occasionally find truffles by digging in artifact spots!

Any more ideas are definitely welcome and encouraged!

Mars_bk, xMel248 and LuthienNightwolf like this.
    • Odd Farmer

Odd Farmer Big Damn Hero

I like those ideas.

• PTpirahna

PTpirahna Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Don't worry just remove carp surprise and we'll have space for the last dish /sarcasm

Seriously though, I think all the new recipes would be great.

• Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Cucumbers, good idea. We can pickle wheat and hops, but not what is most known for actual pickles. As for the rest, yes, good ideas, although peanut butters should not be available in year 1 because they seem a bit too high-yield for a first year crop.

• Dwarfus

Dwarfus Big Damn Hero

I think having peanuts work like blueberries would be good if we were to be able to get them in our first year. With three peanuts from each peanut plant every four days. It would be pretty overpowered if they were to produce a three-peanut harvest every day.

• partariothegoth

partariothegoth Void-Bound Voyager

love these ideas. I also think there should be a proper rice crop, and you put the rice in the keg to make sake. Olive trees, and of course, olive oil. Turnips, mangos avocados (and guacamole) and pears. Also some dehydrator sort of thing to make raisins, craisins and the like. and maybe tomato in preserves jar makes ketchup, corn in the keg makes moonshine. Bloody mary from vodka tomato juice, and hot pepper, Borscht

Last edited: May 7, 2017
              • Chris776

Chris776 Subatomic Cosmonaut

oh i did not noticed that someone else already posted a topic about the thread i made, i should post and refer your name and link on it, i will just have to refresh your post for other people to see.