If you could become one of the NPCs already in SDV, whom would it be?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Borodin, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

I'm taking my cue from another thread, where I near-quoted Ranma 1/2 in discussing a person being cursed to turn into a shrimp recipe. (You had to be there.) It got me thinking about being sea-changed in SDV into someone else--and that leads to our current thread. Don't think of it as a curse. It's more a personal choice. But whom would you choose to turn into? (Only NPCs, please. No monsters need apply.)

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Leah. She's already got a lot of the same interests as me, and I really dig her swanky little cabin by the river.

Runner up: Rasmodius' ex, the Wicked Witch of the Woods. She's got the voodoo, the hoodoo, and the hocus-pocus-with-a-focus. That old black magic has me in its spell.

Seismothesaurus and blind3rdeye like this.
      • Magistrella

Magistrella Big Damn Hero

A mix of Gus and Sebastian.

Both combined they share both the biggest interests in my life, while not completely - i couldn't code even if my life depended on it. *Brain does not compute* =.=

Sebastian, the tech savy guy that people annoy because they can't seem to understand that you actually can earn decent money by working from home, with a bike in the shed and living in the country far away from any big city with, once, a desire to move to. But quenched due his love for his home and his antipathy for massive amounts of humans.

And Clint, the shy, idiotic, metalworking guy with a crush on the crazy girl of the town, sitting in a bar now and then with only the bare amount of friends necessary to not drive himself crazy. Happy with his work, most of the time at least, and a over-realistic mind, up to a point where it becomes close to sadness/depression.

Runner up: Abigail - Her room looks very similar to what mine used to look like when i was in my teens, so, no discussion there

^o^

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

If it isn't permanent: Lewis. I would fix the community center, clean up the weeds on the streets and make the thing with Marnie official. Not nescessarily in that order.

If it was permanent: the wizard. While doing mysterious stuff all day, I would take Abigail in as a daughter and an aprentice. One day she will be the protector of Junimos first and Valley second. That's because, let's face it, when the elemental wars resume, someone has to look out for the more defenseless magical creatures.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Definitely Leah. Artist, nature lover, lives alone in a cabin in the woods...how could I not? ;)

• Rauchschwalbe

Rauchschwalbe Cosmic Narwhal

I would be Gunther. I always wanted to work in a library (well...if I would take my first graders to our school library I technically would work there, but that is not the same).
              But I would love to live in Elliotts house. Soothing water sounds, not too many people around. Not as spooky as a cabin in the woods (I've seen enough horror movies! I know where this ends!).

ChaosAzeroth and Marco93 like this.
              • Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

M. Rasmodius, because magic. I'm obsessed with it and I wish it was part of the combat skill.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
                • Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

WIlly. I just love fishing.

• StardewMe

StardewMe Aquatic Astronaut

Based on my life, Kent. Since he's a veteran and I was also in the Army.

Based on interests, Leah. Love art and living in a cabin by the water is my dream lifestyle in real life.

• Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Same here actually.
                      But interest-wise... most likely Willy or Linus.

StardewMe likes this.
                      • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Well, I already have blue hair so I'm going to say Emily. (;

Surenu likes this.
                        • Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Note to self: Give cloth or aquamarine to Pan as a secret santa gift.

• Marco93

Marco93 Star Wrangler

I'd chose Gunther as well. He runs the museum and knows EVERYTHING.
                            You bring him a stone? He can identify it.
                            You bring him few rolls written in dwarven language? He can translate them and he can teach you how to speak dwarf.
                            Not to mention his knowledge about archeological evidence.
                            Definitely Gunther.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
                            • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I'd probably be Maru. She's kind, science-minded and has a great future in the STEM fields. My type of gal :D

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

Hmmm...That's a tough one. Maybe Sebastian because he plays the synth which is the closest thing to a piano ig (since I'm a pianist irl) but I don't smoke and I'm definitely not emo...maybe Vincent or Jas so I can be a child again? :)

Honestly, I wish Gunther was a more fleshed-out character. All he does is accept donations while he sits at his desk. I want to see him with a schedule where he goes around town, studies things, etc., with dialogue. Why isn't he like a regular NPC? Why doesn't he have hearts?

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

If I may ask: why are so many of you searching for a villager whose life is similar to your real life? I always thought people play games to be something different. At least I do ;)

Gunther made a deal with the witch. He is cursed to sit behind the counter in exchange for boundless knowledge. He may only leave his desk one day a year which can be witnessed when he gives you the sewerkey.

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
                                  • Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

I like Gunther. He's like me. Just goes about his business and doesn't get close with anyone! :D He keeps his head down and his wits about him. I like that he doesn't concern himself with day-to-day business of the other NPCs.

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
                                    • Marco93

Marco93 Star Wrangler

I'd choose Gunther because my goal is to work in a Museum one day. So he is what I want to become. (Apart from his social life)
                                      Deal with the witch included.

True that he can't leave his desk, but at least you could talk to him about every day business.

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
                                      • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

That's the point. I play games to escape real life, but in real life I want to be me :)

I wouldn't want to be someone who's radically different from me, with different views and believes and such. I love science, I'm very scientifically literate in real life and I don't want to change that. So I gravitate toward wanting to be Maru. Or Demetrius, but I'd rather be Maru.

Seismothesaurus likes this.
                                        • Venatio777

Venatio777 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Probably Clint so that I can also star in the Ferngill Republic's version of Forged in Fire (the show) on my off days. but I also think he should put in the time working with the Adventurer's Guild so he can get in shape and use his supposed Iridium-Infused Mace to good use.

Frankly, the guy comes off as a bit shy for someone who has to work around fire and steel on a regular basis. But that's my take.