Improving the turrets and adding different looking turrets.

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by ogdred, Jan 5, 2016.

Tags:
?

Which would you like to see?

1. Different Turret Types

22.2%
  2. Different Turret Appearances

22.2%
  3. Maybe Both?

55.6%
  4. Not Interested

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ogdred

ogdred Phantasmal Quasar

I was thinking about the turrets and how they can be improved.
    I think it would be better if there are different types of turrets , there should be a different type of turret for the different type of wepons ingame:

~A small turret for pistols to be put in it.
    ~A more heavyduty looking turret for shotguns.
    ~A more machine gunny looking turret for assault rufles.
    ~A turret for rocket and grenade lauchers that looks really big and dangerous.

The idea is that turrets for pistols only fit pistols inside and so on with the others.
    That will add quite alot of customization to builds. For instance , if you want to make a small building that doesnt have alot of space for a huge normal turret then you can use the smaller but weaker pistol turret(you can fit it in smaller spaces but you get a weaker turret).

If the different turret types isnt that good of usefull then atleast give us a choise between different turret appearances.
    I did a fiew to show you for exaples of what it could be.

Attached Files:

2. Derpislav

Derpislav Big Damn Hero

I'm not sure if a weapon distinction is needed. Just make the small turrets have less energy pool, or deal less damage.

Perhaps some really big turrets that duplicate the weapon you put in to get 2/3/4 of them firing at once? For late-game, when you have the materials to put 4 turrets in one corridor, but don't want to for aesthetics. Turrets also don't do much in PvP, and like I said, you can just stack smaller turrets, so it wouldn't be overpowered.

3. EstatorVs

EstatorVs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Its turning. turretgun.png Just drag'n'drop to save image.