Interplanetary "community."

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Quillon, Jun 13, 2017.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes

2. Maybe...

3. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Quillon

Quillon Subatomic Cosmonaut

So, you may be wondering, what do I mean by "interplanetary community" and why do I want it? well..
    say you land on a planet with an avian village and a glitch castle. under normal circumstances, these towns wouldn't interact, and may as well be on separate planets. but... what if they were connected? perhaps you could get a quest from the mayor of the Avian town, telling you that the two towns are at war, and you need to help fight. or maybe they ask you to go undercover or build a transit system, or maybe the two towns are working together to stop a Miniknog invasion. the possibility of towns that share a planet interacting with each other adds a plethora of interesting quest opportunities! this would be amazing. but...

we can go even further.

what if towns in the same SYSTEM could communicate as well? maybe you could get quests to fly some cargo from town to town, or maybe you need to help save a distressed cargo ship you was already trying to do that? maybe, you could look in a chest in a Hylotl village and see a postcard for a Novakid village, only three planets over! this kind of connection would truly make a system more worth exploring!

2. soulsword3

soulsword3 Void-Bound Voyager

Well,that's interesting,kind of reminds me of the game in it's beta,when you had to go all through the system to find oil and make steel,so you had an push for you to go explore,a good idea,maybe if you had an space colony that would say for you that this system have a interplanetary community,and so,you have expansioned missions and etc.