It's Here! Yay!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stryder87, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

I ordered this book a few weeks ago and it finally arrived! I've never seen a book so carefully packaged. It's beautiful! Yes, most things can be found on the Wiki, but it was too awesome to pass up! The writing style is great and the artwork is amazing! There's some interesting things in it that I never knew, or found in the wiki.

I 'borrowed' the picture below from the web site I got it from. It's permanent home (when I'm not reading it) is beside my monitor for quick reference! :3 <3

No other reason for this thread except to express my joy with the book and, perhaps, share it with others who love the game!

Guide Book.jpg

Pangaea likes this.
    • Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

I was almost angry with you. I thought co-op finally arrived on pc. Which meant console not too long after. While I'm.happy for you... Kind of want to murder you too.

CjBeats, sunlite and LuthienNightwolf like this.
      • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I've seen this book, it is super cute. :) If I wasn't such an obsessive note taker and didn't already have most stuff memorized I'd totally want it. :3

Stryder87 likes this.
        • Stryder87

Oh, um.... yeah.... sorry 'bout that. :)

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I thought multiplayer at first too, lmao xD

But anyway, I've considered buying that book too, but it gets a little pricey with shipping included so I'm still on the fence.
            Will probably end up buying it one day though, have no use for it, I know my way around SDV by now and the wiki remembers what I don't. But I love this game and it's such an awesome book!

Jack Of Shades and Stryder87 like this.
            • Stryder87

It was the same for me. After shipping and conversion to Canadian, it was kind of painful, but... I love the game, and it has such great reviews, I decided, what the heck?!? Once it was in my hands, there was no regret. :)

• w00tl00ps

w00tl00ps Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was going to respond to this earlier this afternoon when I saw it but was too heartbroken. The SAME THING happened to me LOL. I was like OH GOD IT'S HERE!! Multiplayer is HERE!

Damn you OP. Damn you -twice-. Two times because that guidebook is really, really awesome and I am jealous. If I had the extra monies I would be all over it.

• SDVFan

SDVFan Void-Bound Voyager

I been eyeing this guide book the last few days here, I just got into SDV not long ago so this guide would sure come in handy, I think I'll go ahead and take the plunge and order it.

• Stryder87

Man, all these people being mad my joy wasn't about multiplayer... hehehehe...
                    Personally, I have no interest in multiplayer... I'm not even sure how that would work... but, well, sorry folks! :chucklefish:

And buy the book! It's awesome!

Seriously though... why are people so interested in multiplayer version? Isn't that kind of the opposite of the game intent (making your farm your way)? What's the draw? I honestly don't understand.

sunlite likes this.
                    • sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

So you can work together with someone else to make a collaborative effort....or visit other farms...

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Not at all. I'm really looking forward to being able to share building a farm as a social engagement, me and my friends working together to make something fun we've all contributed to. Time that I may spend now chatting with them on IM can be combined with farming together /along with the chatting/ (since the demo video from a couple of years ago shows a chat feature as being built into multiplayer, I presume something like that will still be implemented).

sunlite likes this.
                        • Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

I have some friends who already got the game but wait until it has multiplayer and some who won't buy it until it has multiplayer. They usually think that the game is good but a little boring without another person to talk to. So they didn't have much fun in singleplayer, but still think that it might be a great coop game.
                          And there are the enthusiasts who played countless hours until they had enough and now wait for the new experience that multiplayer might offer.

Jack Of Shades likes this.