1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Job Offers: Hire anyone 1.1.2

Use one of these to hire any friendly NPC

1. gmq

gmq Void-Bound Voyager

From my limited testing, yes.

The thing is, the tenants remaining was a bug. It also gets too close (even closer than the mod already is) to cheating for my taste if it just duplicates NPCs. I may add it as an addon at some point in the future but I'm not sure when.

2. RianmakeR

RianmakeR Void-Bound Voyager

Well that makes sense. Then I will follow the updates.

3. ShackledTime

ShackledTime Phantasmal Quasar

My only question is if there's a solution to the visual glitching from when story NPCs are recruited? They all seem to still use their own base body, which means the uniform doesn't fit properly. :/

4. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

Minor suggestion:

Pink Slip: basically the "inverse" job offer. Costs 1-100 pixels. When given to an NPC, they will be kicked out of your crew (if they are in), and will strip back down to default attire and no longer will petition you to join the crew.
    Basically, used for de-crewing your colonies.

5. gmq

gmq Void-Bound Voyager

6. gmq

gmq Void-Bound Voyager

7. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Could you make a version that doesn't have the craftable job offers?

8. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

9. Omega_Flowely

Omega_Flowely Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello, may I ask the author about a little bug. The problem is that I hired someone and left him on the ship returned I discovered, has not one but two identical NPC (although SAIL writes on board only one). Then began a third the same NPC. With the rest I also hired as well, though I can take with them and their counterpart.
    This bug? And is there a way to fix it?
    Sorry without photos... :cancel:

10. gmq

gmq Void-Bound Voyager

@Omega_Flowely That's actually a bug from the game, as in, it happens even without mods. This mod only makes it easier to see since you can hire more people faster.
    I'm not sure you can fix it without dismissing the NPC, sorry.

11. Shadow0144

Shadow0144 Big Damn Hero

So there's a strange bug where the hired NPCs will switch weapons constantly. So far I've only noticed it on the chemists, but two of them are doing it. I can see in the save file they have npchammer and npcmachinegun, which I think they aren't supposed to have and seems to be the source of the problem. Trying to remove the lines that seem to pertain to the weapons causes the save to become corrupted. I guess maybe I'm overlooking some array bound parameters somewhere or something. Do you know a way to fix this? Thanks!

12. dedal

dedal Void-Bound Voyager

Hi. I have a request. It is possible for you to make a Fraking Universe patch for this mod. FU give some new types of crew members. Maybe you can do some more types of job offers, please.

13. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Seconded. This would be very useful.

14. ImHereForTheMods

ImHereForTheMods Cosmic Narwhal

I just got this mod, an I am loving it, the whole concept of it, anyway.

However, when I hire someone, for instance, I hired a tailor, they constantly switch weapons, sometimes, between some sort of sword and a pistol, and randomly, crew members will change their outfits to something completely ridiculous (like a tiger hat) when I have them set to copy my outfit via tailor.

This mostly happens when I beam down to a planet, they'll have the outfit I set for them when I leave, but when I come back to my ship, they are wearing something I had not set for them to wear.

Not sure if this is a bug with this mod, or what, but it is rather annoying.
    I am using Fracking Universe by the way, if that makes a difference.
    There doesn't seem to be any errors to go along with this, but, I hope it can be fixed, somehow.

15. Mooncalf99

Some crewmembers have hats that take priority, mainly former guards you helped get hats before recruiting them. Those clearly override your uniform choices. This is a vanilla issue, not something that has to do with Job Offers.

I'd recommend installing "Earth's Finest". Besides several other benefits (such as turning the useless janitor into the useful quartermaster), it changes crew uniforms to include a standard cap, which is then properly replaced when you make use of the tailor. I've had no problems so far.

16. ImHereForTheMods

Thank you so much for the advice!
    I really love this mod, and how it works, and was gonna mess around with the lua if I had to.. haha.
    I don't really like that it changes the janitors, but, will give that a go, and see how it works out!

Thanks again!

17. ImHereForTheMods

Just to confirm, I tried this, and, it doesn't seem to have worked... at all... The tailor still rapidfire changes weapons, and, the other crewmates all change to a random hat (of course, the ugliest possible hats they could find) ... whenever I leave the ship and come back.

Do I have to get new teammates, for the changes to take effect, or?
    I really don't know.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I removed the mod, and still, same problem.... So, could be a thing with vanilla game, like you said, but.. Any idea how to fix it?

18. Mooncalf99

You may have to get new crew members. Maybe try starting a different character and recruiting people if you don't want to mess with your main character's setup. See if that crew works properly.

Other than that, I have no idea. All I know is that Job Offers don't have anything to do with this, unless they added a uniform change when I wasn't looking. Far as I know, it just adds job offer vouchers.

19. ImHereForTheMods

I tried creating a new character, and recruiting people, and they don't seem to lose their outfit. I got like, 6 hylotl crew mates, and they all keep their outfit, so, yeah, maybe I just gotta, get new crew mates ...

There is still that weird rapidfire switch weapon glitch for the new character though, for janitors. So, that's annoying, but I can deal with that. Not as bas as them changing outfits.

Not sure if that has something to do with this part of the lua
    function update(dt, fireMode, shiftHeld)
    promises:update()
    if fireMode ~= "none" then
    if not isActionOver then
    fire()
    isActionOver = true
    end
    else
    isActionOver = false
    end
    end

but yeah.

20. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

when i hire them they get naked..why is that??