1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Bug/Issue Keyboard / Mouse lag

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by maharin, Oct 11, 2016.

1. maharin

maharin Void-Bound Voyager

While playing I will sometimes (frequently on one machine, occasionally on another) get behavior where one or both of my mouse and keyboard stop being responsive in game. I can switch to another application and have no issue using either and then switch back to Starbound and have them be unresponsive. With the mouse problem, if I move the mouse off of the game screen it appears to the rest of the system and responds just fine. The keyboard situation happens a lot more than the mouse but both happen often enough to be a royal pain.

The game itself is not lagging. Animations still happen and everything in the world seems to move right along, it just stops recognizing that I'm pressing keys and/or moving the mouse. Closing the program and opening it again seems to bring things back to normal for a little while but how long that lasts is entirely random from my perspective.

If it is of import, I run Starbound through Steam on Linux Mint KDE 17.3 (both at home and during lunch time at work - the input lag happens a LOT more at work, which is a slightly slower machine). In both situations my mouse and keyboard are a Logitech K270 and M570. I have no other applications that have this behavior (I play a lot of Steam games) so I'm pretty sure it isn't my setup that is causing the problem.

Anyone have any ideas?