1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Latest character can't damage enemies

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Mooncalf99, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Started a new character, played through the starting planet. At some point, I suddenly... didn't do any damage to enemies. One moment I'm killing a bird just fine, the next I hit an enemy and nothing happens. It registers a hit, they flash as they should, but no damage happens. I hit a bug with my bugnet, nothing happens, I don't capture it. I shoot an enemy with a gun that deals fire damage... no damage from the shot, but it takes damage over time due to the fire effect.

It's just for this character, too. My other character works just fine.

Is there a way to fix this, or do I have to scrap the guy?

2. Lazzamore

Lazzamore Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm having the same error under the same circumstance. Just thought I'd bump this.

3. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Actually, I kinda figured out my mistake. The armor set (Doomguy) I was wearing was from the Cutebound mod, and a recent update changed it to have negative damage-dealing modifers. I completely failed to notice, which was dumb of me.

There was also a bug where crustoises became invulnerable when walking into water due to something from Frackin Universe, but I think it's been patched since.