1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Launcher Game / Go to Previous versions

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by MD599, Jul 23, 2017.

?

Should there be a launcher for Starbound??

1. Yes, I want to see this happen

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No, I don't want this t happen

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. MD599

MD599 Void-Bound Voyager

I remember playing Starbound back in December of 2013, I had constructed a large space station and would explore an endless supply of worlds flying around showing off my butterfly tech, but in the newer updates the story is what drives the game forward not your thirst for exploration and/or creativity with the feeling of "Just one more planet" notion. That's why I propose a simple launcher, akin to the Minecraft launcher, when you can select the update and play the version you like Ex. You may want to play Glad Giraffe, but I want to play Angry Koala, ect. In the files of the game during beta, you would see "Giraffe Storage" and "Koala Storage" and the information for said previous versions, would be contained in the folders, (I have no experience in game creation) so I think it should not be that hard. In conclusion/ in short I propose a launcher, where in said launcher you are able to choose what update you play, Now keep in mind Im not saying I hate the new updates / direction of the game, I just think allowing players to choose what version they play would be a good addition to the game's community. Also it would add a lot of play time in my opinion.