Let's get Wiki - Basic Discussion

Discussion in 'Wiki Discussion' started by Katzeus, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Dunto

Dunto Guest

I'd suggest starting with the existing guides in the Multiplayer forum that already cover most (if not all) of this. You could PM their authors to see if any are interested in collaborating with you on the wiki page (after all, a wiki is meant for collaborative efforts).

2. dragon_sb

dragon_sb Space Hobo

3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

4. dragon_sb

dragon_sb Space Hobo

thanks)

5. Jonesy

You're welcome. Just remember to keep your posts to more than a single word, so they don't get counted as spam.

6. LazuIi

LazuIi Void-Bound Voyager

The wiki says that Kluex Sentry cannot be captured but I was able to capture one in the most recent nightly build. Is this a bug?
    [​IMG]

7. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Not a bug, just the wiki out of date to new game changes. I've updated the wiki page for the Kluex Sentry to say it's capturable now.

8. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Guys, there is a Vietnamese user griefing the Wiki by making a page with the links leading to random sites about the buildings or something like that!

9. Jonesy

Looks like a bot. Contact the wiki staff. And don't click the links.

10. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

I have no Idea, who to contact. <_> (That's the reason I wrote a message here, hoping that somebody knows what to do.)

11. Jonesy

@Katzeus runs the wiki. He's your best bet.

http://starbounder.org/User:Katzeus

12. Katzeus

It's been cleaned up! Thanks for the heads up!!

13. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Im visiting Wiki everyday, so this random pile of links was really noticable in the changelog.

Katzeus likes this.
  14. SilvieSkydancer

SilvieSkydancer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wiki seems to be extremely broken. I'm just trying to browse for info (outdated as it may be), and the wiki is being extremely sluggish. For the record, this lag is not normal- I have a very strong computer and webpages normally take a couple seconds at most to load. It also keeps throwing up 502 Bad Gateway errors.

[​IMG]

This happens pretty much every five minutes, and sometimes a refresh fixes it, sometimes it doesn't. I was putting up with it until now, but I opened several tabs so I could see the item IDs for the Steampunk furniture set, and all of them came back with 502s. That's messed up. A wiki should be more functional than that.

I don't know if this is a host problem or not, but I'm posting a message here just in case, so the mods are aware. It feels like it might be a host problem, but I don't know jack about the inner workings of wikis, so I'm going to leave that up to the mods.

SpeedXaaa likes this.
  15. SpeedXaaa

SpeedXaaa Subatomic Cosmonaut

Apologies if I'm a nuisance, but I was wondering if The Planet Project for the wiki will still be a thing. I mean it has been two years since anyone said anything about it in the thread and we were wanting to wait for 1.0. I'm assuming we're waiting a little while so that 1.0 has had more time to kinda "settle," but that's just my guess.

Just asking about the status because I've been really looking forward to contributing to it. c:

16. Katzeus

Moving to some new hardware right now to hopefully resolve this!
    --- Post updated ---
    I'd definately like to do it, updating things for 1.0 has been the priority lately though. Setting this up is still on my list though! I'll keep you posted

SpeedXaaa likes this.
  17. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

18. Katzeus

This is awesome work! I just put all the lua table documentation up there today, if no one else jumps on this I may help move some of this over!

19. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Well if you can wait to tommorow evening that would be better, I am releasing an update then with some small corrections and one more tutorial.

20. Katzeus

Not a problem, I'm up to my eyeballs in server stuff...I may not get a chance till next week

The | Suit likes this.